Sign in to follow this  
xx

Where now then?

I have to say I feel thorougly depressed this morning. With Crouch gone back, Huckers looking very likely to do the same and with the prospect of Iwan starting on Saturday I really can''t see where we will go from here.

This time last week I had hoped we would have secured the services of Crouch til the end of the season and I was even feeling confident (I''m quite an optimist) that we would scrape together the cash for Hucks.

I''m fed up with not having any money in our football club. Don''t get me wrong, credit to the board for trying all they can (share offers etc). It''s just a bit depressing when you hear Worthy say he offered £200,000 for somebody when the other club wanted £1M.

It doesn''t help when you see smart arses like West Brom and Wigan flashing their money about and saying who they want to bring in.

I had hoped we would try and get someone like McKenzie to replace Crouch, but Fry has slapped a £750,000 price tag on him so that puts us out of the running.

Hopefully we could get someone like Lua-Lua, Morrison etc. We all know the list by now!! But I can''t really see it happening. COME ON NORWICH CHEER ME UP!!

I do agree with you we know all about the financial constraints, but it is depressing that other clubs even those with worse money problems than us seem to be moving in the new player market, its no wonder clubs seem reluctant to do business with us when we offer 150,000 for players valued at close to a million its like going to look at a new car woth 16,000
and offering 5,000 the car salesman would think you were taking the ---- maybe if we cant afford players from the prem we should look to lower divisions where the players would not command such large wages or transfer fees, after all most prem players have to start somewhere and our own Drury came I beleive from Peterbrough.and Hucks started at Lincoln.

Sorry if I am being negative

It wont make you feel any better but I also woke up this morning feeling depressed thinking about Iwan playing up front again and also the loanees going home.I was really optimistic that we would keep all 3 but I guess I should have known better.Oh well the dream is over and we are back to reality wondering, will we at least finish in the top half this year.Sorry if I am negative but I cant see where we go from here!!

I tell you where we go from here. We get in another couple of half-decent loan players or even a free from somewhere and then go on to finish in the top 6. Trust me, I''m as fed up as you with not having any cash but it could be much worse, at least we still have a club to support! We''re a great club which is well-supported and well-run (for the most part), and we''ll get there in the end. Don''t worry about that.

I''m very optimistic. It''s a buyersmarket. City are buyers.

Clubs are desperate to reduce their wage bill. Most will hold out till Jan to see if there is a chance of selling for a fee. When you see the likes of Leeds still paying Fowler £10k to play at Man City and Barmby sit in his own private box at Hull saturday afternoon you''ll recognize that any club who has money to pay wages will be in an extremely strong position.

The poor old binners have just had to offload another couple of their ''yoofs'' without even hanging around and waiting for the Jan sales.

It''s obvious that lower league players who have coirrectly budgeted are not going to hand over their best players for little or nothing. Would we with Green or Drury ?

What needs to be taken into account is what we do next August. Any players and their contracts will need to be suitable for either the Premiership playerwise or the Nationwide wages wise.

That will be upper most in the mind of the club.

I predict on helluva second half of the season.