Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA Kathy/Tilly

Just wondered what your opinion was of the way that Hucks has been treated with denying him a proper send off and a chance to say goodbye. Think the masses of posts sum up the fans feelings on how the situation has been badly handled  so wondered if you could take it up with the club on our behalf?

CA

CA.. why should Darren Huckerby get a proper Farewell when plenty of other City Legends havent... Remember how Malky was treated?

Or what about Gunnys last game.. a 3-0 defeat at Gresty Road....

We should wish Darren well but surely aranging a Fare well for hucks when countless other players have been treated the same is rediculous?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

CA.. why should Darren Huckerby get a proper Farewell when plenty of other City Legends havent... Remember how Malky was treated?

We should wish Darren well but surely aranging a Fare well for hucks when countless other players have been treated the same is rediculous?

[/quote]

Where  is anyone asking for a proper farewell to be arranged Jas? All we are saying is that the whole situation has been badly handled and Roeder could have let us know before the QPR game so that we could have given him a simular send off to Dion, he''s been here over 4 yrs, Dion was only here for 18 months!

We can''t keep treating our legends like this, it has to stop!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Where  is anyone asking for a proper farewell to be arranged Jas? All we are saying is that the whole situation has been badly handled and Roeder could have let us know before the QPR game so that we could have given him a simular send off to Dion, he''s been here over 4 yrs, Dion was only here for 18 months!

[/quote]

Er - what''s the difference CA?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Er - what''s the difference CA?

[/quote]

You''re twisting my words! Even you has to admit that the whole thing has been badly handled surely?

I agree it was poorly handled but countless other players have left with no "fan fare" i.e Craig Fleming who made double the apearances of Hucks..... Everyone is getting all hysterical because Hucks is a "name" player - he even got a mention on Sky & Setanta Sports news - its just mad - NCFC will live on long after Mr Huckerby - MOVE ON PEOPLE.

What did he offer to the team last season to indicate he warranted a new contract? Does anyone really think he would be any better next season...............

Rant Over!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just wondered what your opinion was of the way that Hucks has been treated with denying him a proper send off and a chance to say goodbye. Think the masses of posts sum up the fans feelings on how the situation has been badly handled  so wondered if you could take it up with the club on our behalf?

CA

[/quote]

For what its worth my personal opinion is that the whole thing is scandalous. Whatever went on behind the scenes what made Roeder not want to keep Hucks is irrelevant. Its the way the announcement has been made and the timing of it which rankles. Not only does it show  alack of respect for the player, it shows a lack of respect for us the fans. We havent done anything wrong and deserve at the very least a chance to b id farewell properly to the player. I also think he should have been kept on for at least another year. Norwich City do not have the money to replace a player who can do what Hucks can do. Those kind of players are not easy to find. Even though as he admits himself he is past his best, I would personally have and over the hill Hucks than a young fit Robert Eagle for example. I just hope Glenn Roeder knows what he is doing.

Yes NCISA can take the matter up with the board, but reading the papers, reading the message boards, and listening to people talking in the street, I dont think they dont need us to tell them that they have made a crass monumental PR cock up.

Frankly I think it makes Roeder look selfish for now telling us he was letting Hucks''s go.

Thanks Kathy for your views and thanks also to you and Tilly for your comments in tonights EEN.

[quote user="Kathy"]

For what its worth my personal opinion is that the whole thing is scandalous. Whatever went on behind the scenes what made Roeder not want to keep Hucks is irrelevant. Its the way the announcement has been made and the timing of it which rankles. Not only does it show  alack of respect for the player, it shows a lack of respect for us the fans.

[/quote]

Well said.

CITY SALUTE - TONIGHT - BBC 2 8PM.

www.citysalute.org

[quote user="Kathy"]

I also think he should have been kept on for at least another year. Norwich City do not have the money to replace a player who can do what Hucks can do. [/quote]

Have to disagree about keeping Hucks - a hard decision had to be made.

If the club doesn''t have the money to replace Hucks  and others this sumer, then this club is DOOM''d

A post on another thread which you might not have seen Kathy

From SWP

Instead of protests or anything like that, can we not have an event to celebrate Huckerby''s contribution to the club?  Surely NCISA or a similar body could look into doing this?  Hucks himself even said he was disappointed not to be able to say goodbye properly to the fans. It could be completely independent of the football club and any proceeds could go to NCISA, FONCY, charity or whoever else?  It would most probably sell more tickets that this stupid Greatest Ever event

[quote user="cityangel"]

A post on another thread which you might not have seen Kathy

From SWP

Instead of protests or anything like that, can we not have an event to celebrate Huckerby''s contribution to the club?  Surely NCISA or a similar body could look into doing this?  Hucks himself even said he was disappointed not to be able to say goodbye properly to the fans. It could be completely independent of the football club and any proceeds could go to NCISA, FONCY, charity or whoever else?  It would most probably sell more tickets that this stupid Greatest Ever event

[/quote]

Great idea. Even if its something as basic as a charity dinner where he is the after-dinner speaker.

I think its a great idea too and would be happy to help organise something.

[quote user="cityangel"]Thanks Kathy for your views and thanks also to you and Tilly for your comments in tonights EEN.[/quote]

Agreed CA. I know i''ve questioned the NCISA but not the views of Tilson and Kathy this time.

[quote user="Malky Malk"]

I agree it was poorly handled but countless other players have left with no "fan fare" i.e Craig Fleming who made double the apearances of Hucks..... Everyone is getting all hysterical because Hucks is a "name" player - he even got a mention on Sky & Setanta Sports news - its just mad - NCFC will live on long after Mr Huckerby - MOVE ON PEOPLE.

What did he offer to the team last season to indicate he warranted a new contract? Does anyone really think he would be any better next season...............

Rant Over!

[/quote]

Craig Fleming?  You obviously didn''t go to his testimonial . . .

[quote user="cityangel"]I think its a great idea too and would be happy to help organise something.[/quote]

Perhaps we can do something more permanent?  For example the Darren Huckerby Trophy for Goal of the Season (the "Dazzler Award")?  If you''d like a few of us to meet up and talk about it I''d be happy to come along.

[quote user="cityangel"]Thanks Kathy for your views and thanks also to you and Tilly for your comments in tonights EEN.[/quote]

Oh no City Angel , not another column in the Evening News , Not another frantic ,mad,wild , bike ride from arrdee , I am looking at that low growing branch with fear and trepidation because I know I will forget its there .arrdee.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I think its a great idea too and would be happy to help organise something.[/quote]

Perhaps we can do something more permanent?  For example the Darren Huckerby Trophy for Goal of the Season (the "Dazzler Award")?  If you''d like a few of us to meet up and talk about it I''d be happy to come along.

[/quote]

What about a Darren Huckerby carnival day, we coud do a conga around Carrow Road

Then all the 20,000 season ticket holders - could do a lap of dishonour, around Neil Doncaster''s Wallet..... 

Ok this whole thing has turned into a PR distaster, It should have been flagged up by the clubs Media dept and a proper plan executed. This point was brought up on nthe offy but ofcourse Joe F detached himself from it, saying it was a football dept decision and nothing to do with him.

However the failure of anyone at the club to predict the uproar Hucks departure would bring is just another nail in the coffin the board and it''s underlings.

This is definitely the way to go. I started another thread, saying that, while Glenn personally owes Hux sweet FA, the fans & the Board do, so the obvious strategy is to get as many fans as possible (via a pettion or something) to persuade Delia & co. to do something SPECTACULAR as a tribute; I''m sure people on here have enough imagination to think up something appropriate.

but as of so far we''ve dilly- dallied around ideas without something concrete (not having a go just stating a fact) i also think that the ''tribute'' should happen before next season.