Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Roeder was worried

l think the problem Roeder had was that Hucks was a bigger name and personality  than him, lve heard that Roeder acts as though hes bigger than the club and thinks we should all be very greatfull hes here, maybe a big time charlie whos been there and got the tee shirt. Pressure on him next season,

My name certainly contains more letters than Mr Roeders but the rest of your post is nonsense.Ian Crook thinks you''re an idiot......as do I.

I think you need to stop listening to churlish gossip and hearsay. Look at who Roeder signed at West Ham - David James and Tomas Repka, Lee Bowyer, Les Ferdinand and at Newcastle - Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff, tried to sign Dirk Kuyt.... How many of those are bigger names than Huckerby - i would say every single one, if you bear in mind the times they were signed. Get over it. Huckerby said he has no problem with GR and he likes him, why can you not just accept Hucks'' at his word?

[quote user="kick it off"]I think you need to stop listening to churlish gossip and hearsay. Look at who Roeder signed at West Ham - David James and Tomas Repka, Lee Bowyer, Les Ferdinand and at Newcastle - Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff, tried to sign Dirk Kuyt.... How many of those are bigger names than Huckerby - i would say every single one, if you bear in mind the times they were signed. Get over it. Huckerby said he has no problem with GR and he likes him, why can you not just accept Hucks'' at his word?
[/quote]

Your wasting your breath on some of them on here I''m afraid.

Hucks is my all time favourite player (my 1st game was in 1981 before anyone accuses me of being 16!!) and I am gutted that he has been let go. However, it''s done and there is nothing we can do to change it. All the talk of protests etc is absolute rubbish and will harm the team chances of success and lets be honest that chance is remote enough as it is!!

He may well have signed all those players but everyone of them didn''t perform for him and got him sacked. The only big thing about Roeder is his ego. Never has been able to get the best out of big name players. Best we can hope for is some young loan players who are grateful for firts team football.

[quote user="jbghost"]He may well have signed all those players but everyone of them didn''t perform for him and got him sacked. The only big thing about Roeder is his ego. Never has been able to get the best out of big name players. Best we can hope for is some young loan players who are grateful for firts team football.[/quote]

If he''s never managed to get the best out of ''big names'' then its a good job he''s got rid ours then....right? Er...

Sorry, let me clarify that rather flippant comment with something a little more serious. Why are people so convinced that there''s some deep dark personal reason behind it all? Is it so hard to comprehend that decision is football related?

A couple of months ago (I can''t remember which game), Hucks left the pitch after it''d finished, and what was the first thing he did? Went over and hugged Roeder. There''s no issue here, people are just causing trouble. And I daresay Hucks wouldn''t thank you for doing it either.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

Sorry, let me clarify that rather flippant comment with something a little more serious. Why are people so convinced that there''s some deep dark personal reason behind it all? Is it so hard to comprehend that decision is football related?

A couple of months ago (I can''t remember which game), Hucks left the pitch after it''d finished, and what was the first thing he did? Went over and hugged Roeder. There''s no issue here, people are just causing trouble. And I daresay Hucks wouldn''t thank you for doing it either.

[/quote]

Spot on Mark, some people who support this club just love to stir the SH**.

[quote user="Phatcanary9"][quote user="Mark Smith"]

[/quote]

Spot on Mark, some people who support this club just love to stir the SH**.

[/quote]

Yes, the amount of flak aimed at Roeder at present is a little unjustified I feel. Yes, Hucks was our best player no doubt about that and Yes, if you look at Roeder''s track-record with big name player''s some people may have a valid point, but I think it''s harsh to tarnish him with that same brush before he''s had time to manufacture his own squad of player''s!

[quote user="jbghost"]He may well have signed all those players but everyone of them didn''t perform for him and got him sacked. The only big thing about Roeder is his ego. Never has been able to get the best out of big name players. Best we can hope for is some young loan players who are grateful for firts team football.[/quote]

Does this indicate that Roeder has issue''s with certain big name player''s - big ego''s or player''s such as Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff and Paulo Di Canio for some reason didn''t respond to his ways of man-management, who knows? I remember Worthington having the same problems thats why we had no big names in our squad after relegation from the Premiership!

He does come across as a bit arogant, he is a man that will not tolerate anybody and anything that causes problems in the dressing room. I don''t know if thats good or not, again, results will dictate this and if the team plays well and wins then the teams usually have a good morale.

Just to add to what I''ve put above, when Worthington was manager why was Dean Ashton sold? He was sold as he was a ''big name Charlie'' in the dressing room who thought he was bigger then the Club. In otherwords a disruptive influence - so he was sold off on this premise notwithstanding his magestic skills on the football pitch. Now I''m not saying the same can be put down to Hucks'' departure far from it!

Lets hope Roeder''s new aqusitions this summer do their talking on the pitch and not off it....or do we (perhap''s) need big heads for a big push....?