Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Korey Smith?

lol at yellowmad, same as first thoughts on him, but I havent seen him enough to really be confident on those thoughts.

There are far better players than him in the youth team, I just hope the academy does not make the same mistakes they made last year. decide on a player early and no matter how badly he plays give him a contract and let the decent player leave. No idea what is going on at the club anymore from the bottom up there are some strange decisions being made. 

Yellowmad they are looking at what the player might progress in to in 3/4 years time, not what he can or cannot do now.  It is called potential, sometimes players at that age who look great never progress beyond that level.  Others who don''t look so great develop and grow into fantastic footballers.  Adrian Coote anyone.....

Roeder has just let three boys with potential go and replaced them with two boys with little potential. another example of what this manager does. 

And the club is brilliant at spotting potential, last player to come through the academy and consistently play? last player the club released who made it at championship level? I always think it is handy if a player can pass to his own team mates, read the game, not hang on to the ball too long, tackle, header, kick with both feet, thats what I call potential. Not running round and losing the ball,When was the last time you watched the youth team or reserves.

[quote user="yellowmad"]And the club is brilliant at spotting potential, last player to come through the academy and consistently play? last player the club released who made it at championship level? I always think it is handy if a player can pass to his own team mates, read the game, not hang on to the ball too long, tackle, header, kick with both feet, thats what I call potential. Not running round and losing the ball,When was the last time you watched the youth team or reserves.[/quote]

I should say Paul blooming Hayes, the ol'' bor hant done bad for himself since we released him after that there wonder goal against Arsenal in that friendly up at The Nest all them years ago!

Regards

Sue