No, he didn''t say he would find it hard to play against us, he said uncategorically that he wouldn''t and that he won''t sign for another Championship side.

Surprise, surprise, the Daily Express aren''t researching their stories.

Don''t panic, I expect nearly every club in the Championship "wants" him.  Except us of course.

It''s media talk.  It''s like our board saying "we want to get back to the Premiership".  Who wouldn''t?  It doesn''t mean they''re going to do anything about it.

wolves been linked with hucks and ramage! but how serious the link is if true is anybodys guess

Hucks is a man of his word which is very unusual in football circles, he has repeatedly said that he would never sign for another championship club and play against us, I for one believe him but wouldn''t blame him if he did after the way he has been treated by our club. For what it''s worth I think he will go to America.

He may be a man of his word, but he''s also a man who needs to earn a living and if nothing better comes along we may well see him in the Championship next year.

I hope he signs for who ever offers him the best deal, I would like him to play for another championship side so I can chant his name once more and say goodbye!

[quote user="we8wba"]wolves been linked with hucks and ramage! but how serious the link is if true is anybodys guess[/quote]

We won''t know how serious your "link" is until you post it here......

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]He may be a man of his word, but he''s also a man who needs to earn a living and if nothing better comes along we may well see him in the Championship next year.[/quote]

I think, having seen Hucks driving in a pair of Land Rovers and a Jaguar at different times, he might be secure when it comes to making a living ;)

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]He may be a man of his word, but he''s also a man who needs to earn a living and if nothing better comes along we may well see him in the Championship next year.[/quote]There will be plenty of other clubs wanting him outside the championship where he can earn a decent living, I''d be very surprised if he signed for a championship club, he''s proved in the past that what he''s a man of his word.

[quote user="Wings"]

No, he didn''t say he would find it hard to play against us, he said uncategorically that he wouldn''t and that he won''t sign for another Championship side.

[/quote]

Words mean nothing when the reality of being out of a job hits home.  Should teh right offer come along I think he would sign for another championship club.  Who would begrudge him a move to any other club he chooses, we have let him go for nothing.

I''ve just been on the phone to my ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell, and he did tell me that he''d would be delighted to sign lovely Darren Huckerby but he said he doesn''t think that hilly ol'' Sheffield lives up to the high standards of Norwich and therefore lovely Darren Huckerby would not be interested in moving back up North. My ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell did say that if he does managed to sign lovely Darren Huckerby, he would quite happily allow James Beattie to join Norwich in exchange for some lavender and a jar of Colmans mustard. I was quick to tell my ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell that Glenn "Carrow" Roeder was a tight ol'' rat and would never spend that much on a player of such class, he''d much rather have that funny looking Eagle girl playing up front.

Regards,

Sue

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="we8wba"]wolves been linked with hucks and ramage! but how serious the link is if true is anybodys guess[/quote]

We won''t know how serious your "link" is until you post it here......

[/quote]

was just in local midlands paper in transfer gossip. no actual quotes from either side. also said carr strongly linked with villa

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

Words mean nothing when the reality of being out of a job hits home.  Should teh right offer come along I think he would sign for another championship club.  Who would begrudge him a move to any other club he chooses, we have let him go for nothing.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t begrudge him a living, of course not, but it would prove that he is just another footballer and not a man of his word.

Otherwise why bother to say it? Just to get the fans on your side?

I''m hoping he goes to the states for a couple of seasons then comes back here, rich(er) and happy to become a club ambassador!

[quote user="Sue"]

I''ve just been on the phone to my ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell, and he did tell me that he''d would be delighted to sign lovely Darren Huckerby but he said he doesn''t think that hilly ol'' Sheffield lives up to the high standards of Norwich and therefore lovely Darren Huckerby would not be interested in moving back up North. My ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell did say that if he does managed to sign lovely Darren Huckerby, he would quite happily allow James Beattie to join Norwich in exchange for some lavender and a jar of Colmans mustard. I was quick to tell my ol'' bor Kevin Blackwell that Glenn "Carrow" Roeder was a tight ol'' rat and would never spend that much on a player of such class, he''d much rather have that funny looking Eagle girl playing up front.

Regards,

Sue

[/quote]

spamming again are we?[^o)]

If the rumours about Huckerby playing in the States had any element of truth to them, I think that the lure of playing for a Championship side won''t really stack up against a decent payday playing for the Budweiser Fire or some similar team...!

There seems to be some suggestion that Hucks could end up at Celtic for a year. Has anyone else heard this? Seems bizzare to me, but actually... Dublin was at Celtic for a bit, Strachan has the Coventry link with Hucks... suddenly i''m not so quick to rule it out.

If he signs for a championship club, does not mean he has to play against us. Anyway why should he worry after his treatment by us, good luck to the lad whoever he signs for, nice to see interest for a player deemed past it by many.

Expect to see several clubs linked with him over the coming days. Papers are simply trying to fill column inches with whatever they can find. Huckerby leaving gives them plenty of ammunition to link him to other clubs.

Im not saying there arent clubs interested, but the transfer gossip columns are 95% made up.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]There seems to be some suggestion that Hucks could end up at Celtic for a year. Has anyone else heard this? Seems bizzare to me, but actually... Dublin was at Celtic for a bit, Strachan has the Coventry link with Hucks... suddenly i''m not so quick to rule it out.[/quote]That would be good for him actually, a nice final season or so competing for honours, playing for fun and enjoyment and involvement in the Champions league.