Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

boycott greatest ever event

lets put it this way i worked the doors for many years in some dodgy places and have had more injuries wrestling than anytime as a bouncer, so fake or not the injuries a very real i am out now for the last 6 weeks torn calf, that werent part of a script, so make of it what you will, and if its easy, i am always looking for new guys, good money see the world, so come along.

Roeder will never be a great manager , he failed at West Ham where he had some truly class players and at Newcastle where he had money , he''s a run of the mill manager who after his initial impact nearly did the impossible and got us relegated .Next season he wont have Grants few games to hide behind it will be 100% down to him .

If Hucks does indeed turn up to this "event", people could wait to see him outside thus not feeling like they are obliging the club by paying to go but also they get to see Hucks to say goodbye. (If that makes sense!!)

I wasn''t going anyway but whats the betting the board try to turn this event into a say goodbye to Hucks events to sell more tickets.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I wasn''t going anyway but whats the betting the board try to turn this event into a say goodbye to Hucks events to sell more tickets.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t put it past them.

I''ve just phoned my mum who will be 90 tomorrow.  She always listens to the match on Radio Norfolk.  I told her about Hucks and the lack of a proper sendoff and she said: "Meanspirited pettyminded vindictive ********".  So that''s them told . . . [:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Hate to be a party pooper Ricky old chum, but I''m fairly certain that advertising an event you stand to gain financially from, in this forum, might be an abuse of the new terms and conditions.

I doubt that the people who run the forum would be that picky, but it''s worth bearing in mind.

[/quote]

Ricky''s (apparent) self-promotion aside.....Are you actually going to the ''Greatest Ever'' event then Bleurgh?

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]I ask Hux and all fans to boycott the Greatest ever farce in protest at the way city have treated a real legend, let the emptiness, tell the story, if you want something to do come to the wrestling at the talk on the same day[:D][/quote]

And this is great for the club we all love and support? Lets boycott helping the club raise a bit more money so that we can complain in a few months there are no funds. Why are people so negative towards the club? Call yourselves true supporters....hmmm?

[/quote]The Greatest is a franchise event - City will be paid whatever.And "supporting the club" is very different from "dipping into your pocket whenever the marketing types have another half-baked idea involving Z-list singers".

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Exactly.  This is entirely likely.  What a bunch of cheap, vindictive ingrates they are.

I shall not be taking my family to the greatest never event, not because I''m unhappy with the way the Club handled Huckerbys leaving but because I think the event is a load of crap.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Hate to be a party pooper Ricky old chum, but I''m fairly certain that advertising an event you stand to gain financially from, in this forum, might be an abuse of the new terms and conditions.

I doubt that the people who run the forum would be that picky, but it''s worth bearing in mind.

[/quote]

Ricky''s (apparent) self-promotion aside.....Are you actually going to the ''Greatest Ever'' event then Bleurgh?

[/quote]

Nope.  Are you ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope.  Are you ?

[/quote]

Nope.....I was was actually going to ask if you could get a piccy of Jamelia, and her autograph for me......And hopefully, a lock of the Chief Exec''s hair..... Just so as I can finish my detailed effigy of him......By the way, you haven''t got some pins I could borrow, have you?.....Then again,  I think knitting needles will be fine.....in fact, probably preferable.....(Can I also just specify, that the hair is to come from his head and not his......armpits).

Sod the knittin'' needles......Erm, you haven''t got a javelin....perchance?........

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] I am Doncaster''s number one fan. lol[/quote]

Oh no you''re not!!

Or people do go, so you are being constructive by paying, but heres the twist....

Instead of singing along to Awful Pop AScts and listening to mublbes and keys mumbling....

....why not just gather and constantly sing Huckerby Songs, have a mini protest in the ground!!!

here is a real twist,  why not remember all the early and mid season posts on this forum stating that Huckerby was past it?  Look people,  i agree that Huckerby at his best was a joy to watch, but there was hardly a word said when Flemming was sold with no chance to say goodbye and he had given 10 YEARS of unstinting loyalty to this great club! So why are some people making such a big deal of today and tusing  it into to atack G R and the board?  I though that the last home game was as good as a goodbye for Hucks ( he seemed to treat it like one)  Please can we move on!!

I think according to the supposed poor ticket sales for the event........there''s actually no need for a boycott.......And, after Hucks rang me personally, encouraging me, to come along....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I think according to the supposed poor ticket sales for the event........there''s actually no need for a boycott.......And, after Hucks rang me personally, encouraging me, to come along....[/quote]I''m waiting for the next less enthusiastic phone call.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I ask Hux and all fans to boycott the Greatest ever farce in protest at the way city have treated a real legend, let the emptiness, tell the story, if you want something to do come to the wrestling at the talk on the same day[:D][/quote]

I wont be going. one of the few real loyal players around and a really top bloke having chatted to him a couple of times, and look at how he''s been treated for it. He was one of us, he really genuinly loved this club, what an absolute disgrace.

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"]

And this is great for the club we all love and support? Lets boycott helping the club raise a bit more money so that we can complain in a few months there are no funds. Why are people so negative towards the club? Call yourselves true supporters....hmmm?

[/quote]

We all love the club pal, its the people running it i despair about, without supporters clubs would not function, so when said supporters have a grievance, should they not be allowed to say so. If you believe the farce called greatest ever will buy a player you have issues mate.

[/quote]

If you despair about the board and management so much, which are an integral part of the club, why do you bother supporting Norwich anymore? If you feel you have to post about Boycotting a City Event, why bother calling yourself a supporter? Maybe u''ll learn one day that you don''t get everything your own way...it just doesn''t happen. But if everybody had the same attitude, the world would fall to pieces! You have to live with decisions. Something has been done, end of. You can''t change it, and you''re certainly not helping the club you ''claim'' to love by organising such boycotts.

[/quote]

thanks for that thrilling and educational advice, we will all behave from now on.

whilst the club continues to be ruined

I certainly won''t be attending this Greatest Ever Joke. It makes my blood boil that the Club deliberately held off a proper goodbye for Hucks so they could sell a few more tickets for their latest PR Disaster.I have never felt so much contempt towards Norwich City Football Club before. I really do hope that this Greatest Ever event is a complete disaster, because they''ve treated Darren Huckerby and the fans like dirt just to squeeze a few extra quid out of everybody - they deserve no less for it.

Cant imagine anything worse than attending. Someone gave me a list of the ''Stars'' making an appearance. Sounded horrific

the only reason to go to this event is to Ogle the rather lovely Jamelias rather Lovely, Long Legs.... oyther than that its a cure for insomnia...

watch the complaints come from the hotel resident thats it too noisy.. the rest of the rooms will sit empty of course.

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]If this happens you are begining to see the ''business advisor'' role the Turner''s were brought on board to do.  Sounds like their type of plan.

We all love and support the club but when has it ever got funds???? Doomcaster makes sure of that and is probably one of the few that is happy hucks has gone, less wages!! We all wanted at least to say goodbye and we haven''t that. All I can say is they better deliver next season.

I''m going and not because I want to see jamelia! I hope Huckerby is there and I will be chanting his name. I hope he is in our Greatest Ever, I voted for him!

Well I suspect ticket sales aren''t going too well because I got an email from the club this morning offering a free child''s ticket with every adult one purchased.

I''m just waiting for Jamelia to call off sick at the last minute when she realised only 12 people will be there.