Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Are we the fans the problem.

It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending. Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money. We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!!

I''m pleased we avoided relegation coz it wasn''t roeders fault and that the team has actually done quite well since hes bin here. True it has bin a shocking season but i''m opptimistic regarding next season. I think the board know they have to back Roeder with sum hard cash. If this season hasn''t bin a wake up call then we are doomed, tho i''m confident they will. Certainley wont be accepting another season of relegation battles thats for sure!

Anyway bottom line i''m pleased with they way its finished and now it a completley new slate for Roeder to build from (hopefully).

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending. Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money. We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!![/quote]I can hear your passion, and you make some interesting points. I don''t think it''s a case of ''the fans are still coming, so why spend money'', I think it''s more a case of there is simply no money to spend. I know it''s not the most popular viewpoint at the moment, but we were £7m down before we even started this season thanks to the loss of parachute payments. It all goes back to being too prudent when we were promoted in my opinion. The reason there was so much delight at us scraping to safety is because we can all remember vividly how utterly awful we were when Grant was sacked. Again, hiring Grant in the first place was a monumental error, and the board really can''t afford another one. Without fresh investment, there''s every chance of another summer of scrimping and saving, but at the moment I''m prepared to wait and see. This is the time of year that REALLY counts - how much Glenn has to spend, and what he can make with what he''s got. If the board don''t back him and we end up down near the bottom in September or October, I don''t think Roeder will be the person the fans blame. Personally I''m prepared to sit and wait over the summer, but the board are living on borrowed time.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending. Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money. We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!![/quote]I can hear your passion, and you make some interesting points. I don''t think it''s a case of ''the fans are still coming, so why spend money'', I think it''s more a case of there is simply no money to spend. I know it''s not the most popular viewpoint at the moment, but we were £7m down before we even started this season thanks to the loss of parachute payments. It all goes back to being too prudent when we were promoted in my opinion. The reason there was so much delight at us scraping to safety is because we can all remember vividly how utterly awful we were when Grant was sacked. Again, hiring Grant in the first place was a monumental error, and the board really can''t afford another one. Without fresh investment, there''s every chance of another summer of scrimping and saving, but at the moment I''m prepared to wait and see. This is the time of year that REALLY counts - how much Glenn has to spend, and what he can make with what he''s got. If the board don''t back him and we end up down near the bottom in September or October, I don''t think Roeder will be the person the fans blame. Personally I''m prepared to sit and wait over the summer, but the board are living on borrowed time.[/quote]I too am prepared to wait. And am as guilty as the next man in my optimism that something will turn our fortunes around. I am however still convinced that too many board members are sitting on easy street enjoying the ride without stretching themselves to any limit. There has to be a limit where we say enough is enough. New backing be it foreign or not would be welcomed by this fan.Delia and co can say what they like about selling up and foreign owners. But before long we will be the only team in any league that get 25000+ fans a week without one. We deserve better and we are not getting it at the moment.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending. Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money. We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!![/quote]I can hear your passion, and you make some interesting points. I don''t think it''s a case of ''the fans are still coming, so why spend money'', I think it''s more a case of there is simply no money to spend. I know it''s not the most popular viewpoint at the moment, but we were £7m down before we even started this season thanks to the loss of parachute payments. It all goes back to being too prudent when we were promoted in my opinion. The reason there was so much delight at us scraping to safety is because we can all remember vividly how utterly awful we were when Grant was sacked. Again, hiring Grant in the first place was a monumental error, and the board really can''t afford another one. Without fresh investment, there''s every chance of another summer of scrimping and saving, but at the moment I''m prepared to wait and see. This is the time of year that REALLY counts - how much Glenn has to spend, and what he can make with what he''s got. If the board don''t back him and we end up down near the bottom in September or October, I don''t think Roeder will be the person the fans blame. Personally I''m prepared to sit and wait over the summer, but the board are living on borrowed time.[/quote]I too am prepared to wait. And am as guilty as the next man in my optimism that something will turn our fortunes around. I am however still convinced that too many board members are sitting on easy street enjoying the ride without stretching themselves to any limit. There has to be a limit where we say enough is enough. New backing be it foreign or not would be welcomed by this fan.Delia and co can say what they like about selling up and foreign owners. But before long we will be the only team in any league that get 25000+ fans a week without one. We deserve better and we are not getting it at the moment.[/quote]Further investment is essential in my opinion, but I wouldn''t be averse to Delia and Michael staying on if more cash was injected by new board members (or existing ones, such as the Turners). Selling out hook, line and sinker isn''t always a one-way ticket to the Premiership - just ask Milan Mandaric!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending. Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money. We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!![/quote]I agree with everything you have written here. Of course we will always support our club, but it must be time to show the board we expect a lot better??

We were told by the club that we the fans are too ambitious so it must be our fault.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!

[/quote]

I wasnt at this game, but I was horrified to see the players parade the pitch after and even more dissapointed to see the "fans" stick around to cheer them. It was like they had reached the play offs when in fact they were absolute garbage for the best part of the season.

I think you''re absolutely right HH, we are indeed the problem. We have let our club become accustomed to poor quality football and lack of ambition through years of blind loyalty. The last 14 away games I have been to, we have lost them all. Some may blame this purely on bad luck, I personally blame it on sheer crapness. I''m fed up with paying large amounts of money to see a bunch of players roll over and get spanked into submission every bloody game. I have already made the descision not to go to any away games next season. I hope others do the same.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Will we stop? never! but, should we be so easily pleased that we clap a lap of honour that has seen us scrape to safety against 10 men, one game before the season ends!

[/quote]

I wasnt at this game, but I was horrified to see the players parade the pitch after and even more dissapointed to see the "fans" stick around to cheer them. It was like they had reached the play offs when in fact they were absolute garbage for the best part of the season.

[/quote]

The players can''t understand it either.  Didn''t Marshall say that if he''d been at Celtic they''d have been chased up the tunnel by irate fans for coming second!

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]can''t understand it either.  Didn''t Marshall say that if he''d been at Celtic they''d have been chased up the tunnel by irate fans for coming second!

[/quote]

To be fair FP, if you play for either Glasgow team, second is last in that league.

[/quote]

I wasn''t at this game, but I was absolutley mortified when I saw the players parade the pitch and even more mortified to see the so-called "fans" stick around to cheer them. It was like they had reached the play offs when in fact they had been absolute garbage for the best part of the season (True, there was a mini revival which some may say deserved the applause - This mini revival kept us up by the skin of our teeth and nothing more) In case anybody hadn''t noticed, we finished the season in relegation form. Save the applause for Roeders new heros next season.

I think you''re absolutely right HH - we, the fans are indeed the problem. We have let our club get away with underperforming for that long it has become standard. The lack of ambition shown by our board has been backed with years of blind loyalty. The last 14 away games I have been to, we have lost them all. Some may blame this purely on bad luck, I personally blame the fact that the team I support has no ambition and, without choosing my words carefully here, lack any form of desire to win a game of football.

Wednesday was the final straw. Something snapped during that game. I''m finally fed up with paying large amounts of money to see a bunch of disloyal players roll over and get spanked into submission every bloody game. I have already made the descision not to go to any away games next season. I hope and pray others do the same. When the board backs the club financially I will return.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

I wasn''t at this game, but I was absolutley mortified when I saw the players parade the pitch and even more mortified to see the so-called "fans" stick around to cheer them. It was like they had reached the play offs when in fact they had been absolute garbage for the best part of the season (True, there was a mini revival which some may say deserved the applause - This mini revival kept us up by the skin of our teeth and nothing more) In case anybody hadn''t noticed, we finished the season in relegation form. Save the applause for Roeders new heros next season.

I think you''re absolutely right HH - we, the fans are indeed the problem. We have let our club get away with underperforming for that long it has become standard. The lack of ambition shown by our board has been backed with years of blind loyalty. The last 14 away games I have been to, we have lost them all. Some may blame this purely on bad luck, I personally blame the fact that the team I support has no ambition and, without choosing my words carefully here, lack any form of desire to win a game of football.

Wednesday was the final straw. Something snapped during that game. I''m finally fed up with paying large amounts of money to see a bunch of disloyal players roll over and get spanked into submission every bloody game. I have already made the descision not to go to any away games next season. I hope and pray others do the same. When the board backs the club financially I will return.

[/quote]I feel you anguish but my original post was/ is not intended to encourage people not to attend matches. I am not like Smudger, I love my team and will always encourage every city fan to attend as much and as often as possible. I agree that price of watch City is high at the moment, not because of ticket prices per se but because of the level of return to investment. I hope you don''t stay away from travelling for too long. You love your team and watching them as much as you can is what you really want. But I fully understand you decision my friend.The Big question I guess is how to show our displeasure and annoyance without that also directly affecting the clubs chances of improving. After all if we all stay away from carrow road and don''t pay for our season ticket the club will go pop and that won''t achieve an improvement that we crave.I will attend as usual. Will I boo and show my anger that way? Answer is no, at least not during the match. Again it is counter productive. Would I be against vocal demonstrations against the club directly after the game, directed at the board? Answer no I would not. I feel that Delia is a big ego that would act quicker and more powerfully give criticism rather than praise.Will that make a difference, will the spend will or sell up? Who knows. But can it make things worse though? I honestly doubt it. One thing we all know is carry on as we have over that last three season and we will only slip further in to the mire. Next season we might need to win on the last game of the season to stay up. And we all know how good we are at that.

If this club had been situated in almost any other part of the country and performed as badly as it has done over the last few years the board would have been subject to so much abuse they''d have been forced to go long ago. So the answer is yes, if we are prepared to put up with it we are partly to blame and deserve everything we get.

It took Chase turning us from Premiership contenders to relegation fodder to stir up the fans, trouble is that those fans are now respectable middle-aged family men/women. Have the new generation got it in them?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

It took Chase turning us from Premiership contenders to relegation fodder to stir up the fans, trouble is that those fans are now respectable middle-aged family men/women. Have the new generation got it in them?

I remember well the Chase era and it''s demise. I was there. It was not something I can really explain but his rule was less apathetic than Delia and co''s. Chase was not all bad. I still say that even he realised a certain level of football was required. The time when he went was right. But the time when he was shall we say more in tune we were given as fans our greatest hours. Our board our club even seems lifeless. inert. Glenn may be the man. I think he could be. But he must have backing. We are a club it seems that is I need of action. From the board, the manager, us! all or one something has to change.

[/quote]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]It has just struck me that the whole problem at Norwich City FC may well be all our fault. Why? because we are too accepting of things.

We have just witnessed the worst season of football in as long as many can remember. Some of the matches and performances being as dire as I have ever seen in my 26 year of attending.

Yet we are all over the moon with the fact that 1 game short of the end of the season we scrapped to safety in on of the weakest leagues we have ever played in. Hell after that we all stayed behind and gave them a standing ovation as the waltz round the pitch in their vests. We have actually come to accept the crap we are given almost with out question and treat scraping to safety in the similar way to winning the league. Some Ipswich fan on here last week even posted a thread saying "When’s the open top bus parade". Now he can go and boil his head but I''d laugh if it wasn''t so true.

We are told time after time we are the best fans in the world. And I for one, without wanting to sound big headed on my own or you behalf believe it. We turn up week in week out home and away giving loyal support in far greater numbers that any team in this league would get give the same set of circumstances.

We watch as transfer window after transfer window passes with us only picking up other championship cast off and we still stay bubbly and give them a chance. Are we to soft. Have we become so used to being strung a line that we actually believe it. Are the Board just saying to each other, their still coming and there still sing so why spend money.

We get asked by some drunken old soak “Where are we” the cheeky mare, yet still we brush it of as good old Delia.

Are we the problem. They can even get rid of our hero''s without a care for what the fans would want. Why? because they can. Why can they? because we still don''t stop giving our support.

This isn’t another Smudger or Cluck thing they are fools who like the fact that we fail this is a fan, a season ticket holder for 26 seasons, this is a man who does care about his team wanting to know where it will all end and will we ever see better than the CRAP that the last few season have been.

Maybe it is our fault maybe even the board would like us to kick them in to life. Perhaps we are all waiting for the other party to do something!!!
[/quote]

This post is spot on, we have accepted far to much rubbish for three years, bad decision after bad decision from a directionless board; I would say the patience is starting to ware. We all have our thresholds and if the board bottle it as I suspect then i feel there will not be 20,000 season ticket holders for the 2009/10 season.

YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.

[quote user="fearofambition"]YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.[/quote]I think we all see what’s going on. Question is what to do. And more importantly how to go about doing it, to make sure we don''t inadvertently make things worse. To call us a sheep and to encourage us not to attend isn''t the answer. Although some will disagree, I strongly feel that would be counterproductive and only deliver a result when things are at an even worse level than now. Possible irretrievable.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="fearofambition"]YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.[/quote]

I think we all see what’s going on. Question is what to do. And more importantly how to go about doing it, to make sure we don''t inadvertently make things worse. To call us a sheep and to encourage us not to attend isn''t the answer. Although some will disagree, I strongly feel that would be counterproductive and only deliver a result when things are at an even worse level than now. Possible irretrievable.
[/quote]

So what is the answer then? You''re not willing to boycott, not willing to protest, so what''s the answer? It''s fans with attitudes like yourself that are the problem ''just sit back and hope for the best''

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="fearofambition"]YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.[/quote]I think we all see what’s going on. Question is what to do. And more importantly how to go about doing it, to make sure we don''t inadvertently make things worse. To call us a sheep and to encourage us not to attend isn''t the answer. Although some will disagree, I strongly feel that would be counterproductive and only deliver a result when things are at an even worse level than now. Possible irretrievable.[/quote]

So what is the answer then? You''re not willing to boycott, not willing to protest, so what''s the answer? It''s fans with attitudes like yourself that are the problem ''just sit back and hope for the best''

[/quote]I am willing to protest. I said earlier that protest during a match was counterproductive. However I would revise that somewhat. Booing player, singling out poor play that is never going to help results. Direct protest against the board is something I am not against. Delia and her ego would be my first line of attack. But we will all have to wait until the season starts and we see the full extent of what we are competing with.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="fearofambition"]YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.[/quote]

I think we all see what’s going on. Question is what to do. And more importantly how to go about doing it, to make sure we don''t inadvertently make things worse. To call us a sheep and to encourage us not to attend isn''t the answer. Although some will disagree, I strongly feel that would be counterproductive and only deliver a result when things are at an even worse level than now. Possible irretrievable.
[/quote]

Cancelling seasons tickets is not the same as not attending.  It just means the club can''t take us for granted any more.

If it means that as a member you can''t afford to go to every game, STAY AWAY!  Nothing worthwhile is achieved without sacrifice.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="fearofambition"]YES! Of course this is ultimately down to our fans. Delia, doncaster and co. would have been hounded out at 90 percent of clubs around the country by now but unfortunately our fans buy into this one big happy family b#####s. Our supporters simply don''t have the passion, ambition or balls to stand up and be counted. The board, the manager and the players must absolutely love working for this club safe in the knowledge they can do pretty much whatever they like and get away with it. And the end of the day it''s the 25''000 sheep who are going to take this club to new depths by not making a stand. Just pray that one day this apathetic, nice and friendly mindset finally leaves a few supporters heads and they see what''s really going on.[/quote]I think we all see what’s going on. Question is what to do. And more importantly how to go about doing it, to make sure we don''t inadvertently make things worse. To call us a sheep and to encourage us not to attend isn''t the answer. Although some will disagree, I strongly feel that would be counterproductive and only deliver a result when things are at an even worse level than now. Possible irretrievable.[/quote]

Cancelling seasons tickets is not the same as not attending.  It just means the club can''t take us for granted any more.

If it means that as a member you can''t afford to go to every game, STAY AWAY!  Nothing worthwhile is achieved without sacrifice.

[/quote]Problem is, as with any type of protest, getting others to follow. Now we all know what a mad bunch us Norwich fans are simple by how many of us have season tickets and attend despite the crap we get in return. In reality the idea of cancelling season ticket and/ or simply not attending is always going to be too radical for most and impossible to organise on any level. We need numbers in our protests, numbers that are recognizable by the media, the club and the other fans who have abstained. You simply will not get that if your answer is to cancel season tickets or stay away. Protests have to be en mass and carry recognition. 75 people cancelling their season tickets would not register with anybody. We need 20000 people calling for change if things don''t improve. Week in week out. We need to touch the nerve and ego of our high profile board members. We need to show Delia that she can''t hide behind the “who will buy us out” crap and the “I''ll never sell to a foreigner“. Why not what so wrong with that, it''s the way of the world these days. I know you always get the few who will wheel out the Milan Manderic line but hey, you either want change or you don''t. Risks must be assessed. What risk would a foreign investor carry at this moment? Possible relegation next term! Is that not already a risk anyway. And a foreign investor is just that, someone who invests. Who can deny investment is need at our club. Who cares who it’s from!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Problem is, as with any type of protest, getting others to follow. Now we all know what a mad bunch us Norwich fans are simple by how many of us have season tickets and attend despite the crap we get in return.
In reality the idea of cancelling season ticket and/ or simply not attending is always going to be too radical for most and impossible to organise on any level. We need numbers in our protests, numbers that are recognizable by the media, the club and the other fans who have abstained. You simply will not get that if your answer is to cancel season tickets or stay away.
Protests have to be en mass and carry recognition. 75 people cancelling their season tickets would not register with anybody. We need 20000 people calling for change if things don''t improve. Week in week out. We need to touch the nerve and ego of our high profile board members.
We need to show Delia that she can''t hide behind the “who will buy us out” crap and the “I''ll never sell to a foreigner“. Why not what so wrong with that, it''s the way of the world these days.
I know you always get the few who will wheel out the Milan Manderic line but hey, you either want change or you don''t. Risks must be assessed. What risk would a foreign investor carry at this moment? Possible relegation next term! Is that not already a risk anyway. And a foreign investor is just that, someone who invests. Who can deny investment is need at our club. Who cares who it’s from!

[/quote]

In reality I don''t think anything we do will have a mass following.  That''s the problem.  If we could get a mass following, it wouldn''t matter much how we protested.

But I detect a note of copout in your reply.  If you feel so strongly, don''t kid yourself.  By continuing to shell out for a season ticket you are collaborating with failure.  I hope you can live with that.

What would we protest for, honestly.  Protest to oust the board, protest to force theboard to spend money out of their own pockets, protest to force the board to up the debt for a big spending spree.  There is nothing to gain.  There is unlikely to be buyers waiting in the wings for a fans uprising.

But what we can do is make our feelings known that we are not happy.  We can present a list of things that irritate us to the board and ask for serious answers.  Hell, if you want I will put such a document together, get you all to sign and present it to the muppet doncaster myself.  Thats the only forward thinking thing we can do at the moment. 

What I want is for an honest statement to come from the board detailing the intent for the future.  Is there a transfer budget in place.  Is it substantial enough for Glen (whom I trust) to do what he needs to do, etc. etc.  At present the wall of silence is deafening.  Following our worst position for god knows how long the squad has been weakened again.  I really care what happens to the club, as do we all, even the board probably.  Time to start talking, honestly and frankly.

We celebrated avoiding relegation cause thats what you do when you''ve had a ''near scrape'' and after looking dead certs for the drop in October last year!

But we should be aiming much higher than just survving in the Championship. We have the potential to be a consistent top 10 Premiership outfit!

I do think the board have got complacent and assume that 24,000 will turn up to watch any old sh**e forever!

I''ll always go to home games as I have done for many years previously but I think the board would only sit up and notice any discontent when our crowd levels dropped substantialy!

[quote user="jimmy500"]

What would we protest for, honestly.  Protest to oust the board, protest to force theboard to spend money out of their own pockets, protest to force the board to up the debt for a big spending spree.  There is nothing to gain.  There is unlikely to be buyers waiting in the wings for a fans uprising.

But what we can do is make our feelings known that we are not happy.  We can present a list of things that irritate us to the board and ask for serious answers.  Hell, if you want I will put such a document together, get you all to sign and present it to the muppet doncaster myself.  Thats the only forward thinking thing we can do at the moment. 

What I want is for an honest statement to come from the board detailing the intent for the future.  Is there a transfer budget in place.  Is it substantial enough for Glen (whom I trust) to do what he needs to do, etc. etc.  At present the wall of silence is deafening.  Following our worst position for god knows how long the squad has been weakened again.  I really care what happens to the club, as do we all, even the board probably.  Time to start talking, honestly and frankly.

[/quote]I agree that we shouldn''t protest at the moment. I’m all for giving it, Roeder and the board a chance to change our fortunes this summer and see the results. However a season or even half a season like the last or the last 3 to be fair, will not be tolerated in silence by this fan and many others. You want talk, talk is cheap and we always get the same answers. The club is ambitious. / Fund will be made available and we will give the manager as much support as possible. Action doesn''t follow that’s the problem. Why wouldn''t an investor or buyer not come in for us? We have always told the world foreign investors are not welcome. Why because that allows Smith and Jones to keep control whilst  kidding people they have the clubs interest at heart. Tell the world our clubs for sale and see what happens. I wouldn''t mind. It''s got to be better than that which we have had since relegation.