Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Wake up Glenn & smellthe coffee.....

Well done Glenn Roder -so Huckerby is surplace to Glenn''s requirements.

1. Glenn, who didn''t attend the end of season get together for the much travelled away fans.

2. Glenn, who can''t even aknowledge the fans when you arrive at an away ground.

3. Glenn, who put''s Doherty at right back.

4. Glenn, who thinks he owns Carrow Road, head in the clouds and full of arrogance

5. Glenn, who took us to within a whisker of relegation (you didn''t turn it round - you slightly improved on Grant''s performance).

Huckerby has conducted himself admirably since being told by Rodent that he is no longer required. He would have stayed at Norwich for ever - you don''t see that sort of loyalty often in football. he will refuse to play against Norwich and will never move away from the area - unbelievable dedication.

It''s a disgrace the way Roder has treated Huckerby - Roder needs to explain himself (and fast).

Glenn, what you need is a speedy winger who terrorises Championship defences, turn games single handedly and get 25,000 dedicated fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation. Guess what you idiot - you had that person and let him go.

very well said. everybody says people are being stupid complaining about Roeder as he performed miracles to keep us up. a couple of lucky one goal wins including one which was just down to a nice last minute strike from Darell Russell. All roeder has down is brought in players (evans and bertrans aside) that are not of good enough quality. And made to many mistakes, as you say. Doherty right back.. Recently i have been very annoyed with roeder and this just tops it off. So I agree, Roeder is not as good as alot of people think.

[quote user="Darren Huckerby"]Thankyou for your kind words James......but I think you''re an arsehole.[/quote]

LOL

Darren you are well nice to your fans! Top bloke!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Darren Huckerby"]Thankyou for your kind words James......but I think you''re an arsehole.[/quote]

Classic.

[/quote]Don''t think you can suck up to me either GrahamI''ve seen you eyeing up that woman in Row C when you should be admiring my mazy run past the full back [;)]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]very well said. everybody says people are being stupid complaining about Roeder as he performed miracles to keep us up. a couple of lucky one goal wins including one which was just down to a nice last minute strike from Darell Russell. All roeder has down is brought in players (evans and bertrans aside) that are not of good enough quality. And made to many mistakes, as you say. Doherty right back.. Recently i have been very annoyed with roeder and this just tops it off. So I agree, Roeder is not as good as alot of people think.[/quote]If Glenn had been in charge, with this poor squad assembled by Grant, from the start of the season, we would have finished in 10th place on 65 points. That is hardly a "slight improvement" is it? That is a bloody miracle.The players he has brought in have played their part in him achieving his objective this season, which was to stay up. He has brought in one permanent signing and loans as cover - hardly enough to spout off about his transfer prowess. So what if we won 1-0 with a last minute strike? are you telling me West Brom didn''t do that ONCE this season? Doc had to play RB sometimes as we DO NOT HAVE ANY COVER. Are you stupid? who do you suggest we put there when Semmy has to come off with a knock? He signed Velasco, who got injured leaving us with no-one. He did it through neccessity rather than a blinding desire to turn the Doc into a Right Back. Jesus, you children need to get over Huckerby, stop villainising Roeder, learn SOMETHING (please god, anything!) about the real world and learn to actually think about the reasons behind the actions.

[quote user="kick it off"]Jesus, you children need to get over Huckerby, stop villainising Roeder, learn SOMETHING (please god, anything!) about the real world and learn to actually think about the reasons behind the actions.[/quote]I don''t see what Jesus has to do with it, there can only be one messiah........me.You need to learn to love me KIO, I sense you''re an angry young man.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]very well said. everybody says people are being stupid complaining about Roeder as he performed miracles to keep us up. a couple of lucky one goal wins including one which was just down to a nice last minute strike from Darell Russell. All roeder has down is brought in players (evans and bertrans aside) that are not of good enough quality. And made to many mistakes, as you say. Doherty right back.. Recently i have been very annoyed with roeder and this just tops it off. So I agree, Roeder is not as good as alot of people think.[/quote]If Glenn had been in charge, with this poor squad assembled by Grant, from the start of the season, we would have finished in 10th place on 65 points. That is hardly a "slight improvement" is it? That is a bloody miracle.The players he has brought in have played their part in him achieving his objective this season, which was to stay up. He has brought in one permanent signing and loans as cover - hardly enough to spout off about his transfer prowess. So what if we won 1-0 with a last minute strike? are you telling me West Brom didn''t do that ONCE this season? Doc had to play RB sometimes as we DO NOT HAVE ANY COVER. Are you stupid? who do you suggest we put there when Semmy has to come off with a knock? He signed Velasco, who got injured leaving us with no-one. He did it through neccessity rather than a blinding desire to turn the Doc into a Right Back. Jesus, you children need to get over Huckerby, stop villainising Roeder, learn SOMETHING (please god, anything!) about the real world and learn to actually think about the reasons behind the actions.[/quote]Beautifully put!Can''t believe how crazy people are going over this whole thing. Big bad Mr Roeder won''t let Huckerby play anymore and the only reason is because he is jealous of his hair.

So what happened to this fantastic manager when he got to 4 points off the play offs ??? he then went on a run Grant would have been hard pressed not to better .There is nothing at all to suggest Roeder is a good manager and if anything his record at other clubs proves hes a bad one.

[quote user="Darren Huckerby"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Classic.

[/quote]Don''t think you can suck up to me either GrahamI''ve seen you eyeing up that woman in Row C when you should be admiring my mazy run past the full back [;)][/quote]far more attractive than your football was at times!!!!!

Loan City - look whose return to the first team co-incided delightfully with our disastrous run....With Crofty we went on the 13games unbeaten run, with Hucks playing cameo, when Hucks came back into the starting XI.....

Our bad run is nothing to do with Huckerby , if you want to praise Roeder for the 13 match lucky run then he takes the blame for the bad one too.As for Croft , sorry but hes an absolute waste of space has he ever contributed anything since his arrival , and who was Roeder favouring at the end of the season , Huckerby or Croft ?

[quote user="james norwich"]

1. Glenn, who didn''t attend the end of season get together for the much travelled away fans.

2. Glenn, who can''t even aknowledge the fans when you arrive at an away ground.

4. Glenn, who thinks he owns Carrow Road, head in the clouds and full of arrogance

5. Glenn, who took us to within a whisker of relegation (you didn''t turn it round - you slightly improved on Grant''s performance).

Huckerby has conducted himself admirably since being told by Rodent that he is no longer required. He would have stayed at Norwich for ever - you don''t see that sort of loyalty often in football. he will refuse to play against Norwich and will never move away from the area - unbelievable dedication.

It''s a disgrace the way Roder has treated Huckerby - Roder needs to explain himself (and fast).

Glenn, what you need is a speedy winger who terrorises Championship defences, turn games single handedly and get 25,000 dedicated fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation. Guess what you idiot - you had that person and let him go.

Couldn''t agree more!

Whilst I apreciate Roeder for rescuing us from certain relegation under Grant the decision to release Huckerby who still had much to offer was absolutely bemusing to say the least!

If Hucks was the spent force Roeders is now making him out to be, then why was Roeder playing him regularly in the seasons run in when we needed results?

We could of pushed for the play offs if we''d of signed Taylor and a couple more decent players rather than out of their depth just out of school loanees boys from premiership clubs.

The constant tinkering, playing blokes out of position, dropping in form players to play crap loaness like Henry and Gibbs meant that Norwich had to struggle unneccessarily towards the end of the season!

If I see one more reoprt in the local rags or someone saying that Gibbs is going to be good I''ll scream!

We need players that are good now like Hucks was, not maybe in the future!

Roeder you may have signed your own Norwich City managerial death warrant by letting Hucks go and the manner in which you did it![/quote]

Yes but who was a fan favourite GR had decided was leaving - the backlash is bad now, how about if Hucks had barely played for the last 6months? I accept Roeder has to take the blame for the poor run, but in my honest opinion, we looked more balanced with Croft in the side, even if he couldnt buy a bloody goal! I think Croft looked like he could be a very good player under Glenn, as did Boro and Newcastle who were two of the Prem clubs watching him.Why is it nothing to do with Hucks? he was one of the 11 every week. Who actually plays on the pitch, Hucks or Glenn? How can you say Glenn must accept some of the blame but Hucks doesn''t take any? Maybe if he''d bothered to defend once in a while, we may have been less vulnerable - especially against the Scum where they ripped us down Huckerby''s side time and again. Maybe if he had attacked any balls in at the far post, forehead first, as a winger should as it comes in from the other side, instead of waiting by the touchline for it to come out to him, we may have scored a few more and won a few more. Then again, he doesn''t "do" headers, does he?Dont get me wrong, i love Hucks as much as the next fan, but he is not the embodiment of perfection, believe it or not, he did have flaws.

[/quote]Shut up.

[quote user="kick it off"]Loan City - look whose return to the first team co-incided delightfully with our disastrous run....With Crofty we went on the 13games unbeaten run, with Hucks playing cameo, when Hucks came back into the starting XI.....
[/quote]

I think you will find that the down turn in form came not when Hux returned to the team but when all the loan players were added to the team. Hux was in a local supermarket buying bread when we were stuffed at Leicester.

There is no denying that Hucks was not quite the player he was but is it a coincidence that he was also started scoring a few goals and created more chances when Hucks came back into the team? For me, the last 4 or 5 home games saw us play our best football of the whole season.

As for Roeder''s signings, I would say he is very much in credit;

Good signings - Taylor, Evans & Bertrand

Solid signings - Pattison, Camara, Pearce & Gibbs (who was starting to improve in his last couple of games)

Unlucky signings - Rigters & Bates

Poor Signings - Henry

At the end of the day, Roeder will live or die by his decisions. For me Hux had another year at least in him but Roeder has decided otherwise. Most of us have voiced our opinions but we need to move on and see what new signings arrive over the next couple of months.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Loan City - look whose return to the first team co-incided delightfully with our disastrous run....With Crofty we went on the 13games unbeaten run, with Hucks playing cameo, when Hucks came back into the starting XI.....[/quote]

I think you will find that the down turn in form came not when Hux returned to the team but when all the loan players were added to the team. Hux was in a local supermarket buying bread when we were stuffed at Leicester.

There is no denying that Hucks was not quite the player he was but is it a coincidence that he was also started scoring a few goals and created more chances when Hucks came back into the team? For me, the last 4 or 5 home games saw us play our best football of the whole season.

As for Roeder''s signings, I would say he is very much in credit;

Good signings - Taylor, Evans & Bertrand

Solid signings - Pattison, Camara, Pearce & Gibbs (who was starting to improve in his last couple of games)

Unlucky signings - Rigters & Bates

Poor Signings - Henry

At the end of the day, Roeder will live or die by his decisions. For me Hux had another year at least in him but Roeder has decided otherwise. Most of us have voiced our opinions but we need to move on and see what new signings arrive over the next couple of months.

[/quote]Good call on the signings - agree 100%. Agree with the closing comment too, unfortunately, some people just will not let go.

[quote user="kick it off"]Yes but who was a fan favourite GR had decided was leaving - the backlash is bad now, how about if Hucks had barely played for the last 6months? I accept Roeder has to take the blame for the poor run, but in my honest opinion, we looked more balanced with Croft in the side, even if he couldnt buy a bloody goal! I think Croft looked like he could be a very good player under Glenn, as did Boro and Newcastle who were two of the Prem clubs watching him.

Why is it nothing to do with Hucks? he was one of the 11 every week. Who actually plays on the pitch, Hucks or Glenn? How can you say Glenn must accept some of the blame but Hucks doesn''t take any? Maybe if he''d bothered to defend once in a while, we may have been less vulnerable - especially against the Scum where they ripped us down Huckerby''s side time and again. Maybe if he had attacked any balls in at the far post, forehead first, as a winger should as it comes in from the other side, instead of waiting by the touchline for it to come out to him, we may have scored a few more and won a few more. Then again, he doesn''t "do" headers, does he?

Dont get me wrong, i love Hucks as much as the next fan, but he is not the embodiment of perfection, believe it or not, he did have flaws.
[/quote]

Whos saying that Hucks was near perfection?

We all know his weaknesses but his qualities far outweigh them!

He had an extra dimension that I''ve never seen in any other Norwich player!

Crap decision that will I fear cast a huge shadow over next season if we''re struggling and a crap loanee is playing left wing!

I think Croft at times has been unlucky particularly with Roeder preferring to play blokes out of position instead of him but he still didn''t do as much as what Hucks did last season!

[quote user="scott"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Yes but who was a fan favourite GR had decided was leaving - the backlash is bad now, how about if Hucks had barely played for the last 6months? I accept Roeder has to take the blame for the poor run, but in my honest opinion, we looked more balanced with Croft in the side, even if he couldnt buy a bloody goal! I think Croft looked like he could be a very good player under Glenn, as did Boro and Newcastle who were two of the Prem clubs watching him.Why is it nothing to do with Hucks? he was one of the 11 every week. Who actually plays on the pitch, Hucks or Glenn? How can you say Glenn must accept some of the blame but Hucks doesn''t take any? Maybe if he''d bothered to defend once in a while, we may have been less vulnerable - especially against the Scum where they ripped us down Huckerby''s side time and again. Maybe if he had attacked any balls in at the far post, forehead first, as a winger should as it comes in from the other side, instead of waiting by the touchline for it to come out to him, we may have scored a few more and won a few more. Then again, he doesn''t "do" headers, does he?Dont get me wrong, i love Hucks as much as the next fan, but he is not the embodiment of perfection, believe it or not, he did have flaws.[/quote]

Whos saying that Hucks was near perfection?

We all know his weaknesses but his qualities far outweigh them!

He had an extra dimension that I''ve never seen in any other Norwich player!

Crap decision that will I fear cast a huge shadow over next season if we''re struggling and a crap loanee is playing left wing!

I think Croft at times has been unlucky particularly with Roeder preferring to play blokes out of position instead of him but he still didn''t do as much as what Hucks did last season!

[/quote]About 90% of the messageboard seem to think the man could do no wrong! that post was in response to me being told that Roeder had to accept blame for the poor run, but it was "nothing to do with Hucks".

[/quote]

Well said James Norwich. Ignore the moronic abuse from the mindless idiots who seem to populate this MB. I fully agree with the points and sentiments made in your message. I predict that Roeder will leave Carrow Road before the end of the next season and only a small minority will mourn his departure.

We''ve now lost 2 good dressing room characters for the price of 1 and you may say that Fozzy, Rusty and Shacks will take over from the massive hole left by Huckerby, and Dion for that matter. They were clearly a different class to those. I personally believe we made a huge mistake letting go of huckerby because now not only have we got to find a replcement for Hucks, who can play well on the pitch but we''ve got to find someone that is just as good in the dressing room.

Big Mistake!!

He''s going to regret it!!

I''m not going to be as hasty as to say ROEDER OUT!! but i do think he''s just made a job twice as worse. 

Im not being funny or trying to sh*t stir but i heard he was a bit of a prima donna and not as well liked in the dressing room as on the terraces.

KIO - Where are you getting 65 points from? and have you forgotten our form in the last 14/15 games of the season? Yes we stayed up but Palace went from 2nd bottom to a play off place, in other words they sustained their good form to the end of the season. GR is not the messiah, he is a very very naughty boy.....

[quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]

We''ve now lost 2 good dressing room characters for the price of 1 and you may say that Fozzy, Rusty and Shacks will take over from the massive hole left by Huckerby, and Dion for that matter. They were clearly a different class to those. I personally believe we made a huge mistake letting go of huckerby because now not only have we got to find a replcement for Hucks, who can play well on the pitch but we''ve got to find someone that is just as good in the dressing room.

Big Mistake!!

He''s going to regret it!!

I''m not going to be as hasty as to say ROEDER OUT!! but i do think he''s just made a job twice as worse. 

[/quote]

How do you know that Hucks was this positive influence in the dressing room?

On the pitch he was most certainly ''a loner''. You could see that in the way he played AND you could see a very limited degree of ''involvement'' with colleagues in terms of motivation, geeing up, communication etc. Contrast that approach with Dublin who was completely the opposite - always cajoling, instructing, encouraging, giving tactical messages etc. 

Sorry but that kind of ''influence'' did not come from Hucks. Now whether he was totally different at Colney, on the team bus, in the dressing room etc. I don''t know but somehow I doubt it.  

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

KIO - Where are you getting 65 points from? and have you forgotten our form in the last 14/15 games of the season? Yes we stayed up but Palace went from 2nd bottom to a play off place, in other words they sustained their good form to the end of the season. GR is not the messiah, he is a very very naughty boy.....

[/quote]Another thread which calculated Glenn''s points average per game and applied it to the whole season.

[quote user="kick it off"]Im not being funny or trying to sh*t stir but i heard he was a bit of a prima donna and not as well liked in the dressing room as on the terraces.
[/quote]

I have heard this rumour too, straight from the mouth of a pretty close source.