Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

hucks is gone - time to move on

Accept it , He is no longer an NCFC player

Our club is bigger than any player , always has been , always will be

I was gutted when Watson was sold , we bounced back - gutted when fleck left as well

We will be fine - Roeder is a good manager doing a far better job than the clown he replaced  

[quote user="gary "]

Accept it , He is no longer an NCFC player

Our club is bigger than any player , always has been , always will be

I was gutted when Watson was sold , we bounced back - gutted when fleck left as well

We will be fine - Roeder is a good manager doing a far better job than the clown he replaced  

[/quote]Rodent is an egotistical clown. Always has been and always will be. The club didn''t get rid of Hucks, Rodent did. Fear we won''t be fine.We will all find out next season.

As Bunny said, I think we8wba brings some welcome perspective sometimes. Some of his posts are b*llocks, but then we all are in that category sometimes.On to more important things: Your Majesty, you clearly have an interest in Norwich City. Any chance of a few million before next season? I''m sure we can add "By Royal Appointment" onto the new strip. Please?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]As Bunny said, I think we8wba brings some welcome perspective sometimes. Some of his posts are b*llocks, but then we all are in that category sometimes.

On to more important things: Your Majesty, you clearly have an interest in Norwich City. Any chance of a few million before next season? I''m sure we can add "By Royal Appointment" onto the new strip. Please?
[/quote]

i will admit of posting the odd one or two thousand post to wind you guys up lol

Huckerbys gone get over it, as a team we have seen many good players come and go. Roeder is our manager even if some disagree at his appointment.

The season is over it was terrible but we stayed up and as many of you know the championship is so unpredictable.

Lets stop all this moaning over the last few months theres been hundreds of posts and topics popping up all surrounding the same subjects it''s boring.

LETS LOOK FORWARD...

I hate to say this but for once i agree with We8wba... lets move on he''s one player. in the past we have seen better players come and go.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

I hate to say this but for once i agree with We8wba... lets move on he''s one player. in the past we have seen better players come and go.

[/quote]

Name me a single player better than Hucks who was let go instead of leaving because he wanted to go.

[quote user="tribes"]Rodent is an egotistical clown. Always has been and always will be. The club didn''t get rid of Hucks, Rodent did. Fear we won''t be fine.We will all find out next season.[/quote]Rodent!!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I see what you''ve done there. That''s really clever. No, it really is [:|]

Excellent post

Concise, intelligent and obviously you have attended many games when he has been absolutely useless. Unlike the Muffin and others.

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]Move on and get on with it.[/quote]

must of taken you days to come up with that masterpost.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

...at least it didn''t babble on inanely, full of self importance like a lot of the 50-odd other threads about it have done!

The simple fact is that Hucks has gone.  I''d have probably kept him on for a season but to release him was not an unreasonable call by any stretch.  IMO we just have to wait and see what Roeder''s plans are before we can criticise him too much for what is a footballing decision. 

It was indeed handled clumsily, and this is what has clearly disgruntled many, but I''ve been watching Norwich since the early 1980s and can think of lots of players who have gone from both NCFC and other clubs without any farewell when they possibly deserved better.  But that''s football/life.  We don''t always get what we want or think we deserve and to harp on about it ad infinitum really doesn''t do much good.  As the opening comment says, it is time to move on and get on with it.

The way some people are bleating on, you''d wonder whether they support Huckerby rather than NCFC....

yeah who cares if somebody who really cared about this club, has been our best player for 5 years and has basically made himself a city legend leaves...

not.

fair enough to say you think now was the time for him to go or what not. but to just say ''who cares'' is ridiculous.

Granted that some people (small minority) have gone way over the top with the whole Hucks situation by calling for Glens head, asking to retire Hucks shirt number etc etc, but I think that you will find that were more than entitled to care about how Hucks left the club... Like I keep saying to all these drama queens who demand us fans to just forget about a player who is looked upon as a legend to so many City fans... WE WILL MOVE ON.. but for now all we ask is for the chance to give Hucks a good send off, not allowing us to do so is takeing something away from the great man himself and the loyal City fans.

88.87% of Norwich City supporters according to the Evening News poll  think it was handled badly , now thats a pretty high majority.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

...at least it didn''t babble on inanely, full of self importance like a lot of the 50-odd other threads about it have done!

The simple fact is that Hucks has gone.  I''d have probably kept him on for a season but to release him was not an unreasonable call by any stretch.  IMO we just have to wait and see what Roeder''s plans are before we can criticise him too much for what is a footballing decision. 

It was indeed handled clumsily, and this is what has clearly disgruntled many, but I''ve been watching Norwich since the early 1980s and can think of lots of players who have gone from both NCFC and other clubs without any farewell when they possibly deserved better.  But that''s football/life.  We don''t always get what we want or think we deserve and to harp on about it ad infinitum really doesn''t do much good.  As the opening comment says, it is time to move on and get on with it.

The way some people are bleating on, you''d wonder whether they support Huckerby rather than NCFC....

[/quote]

But why bother to start a new thread if it was not an attention seeking gimmick. Its seems there is alot of people pxssed off to how it was handled according to EEN.

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]Move on and get on with it.[/quote]Who cares if Huckerby has gone?Pretty much everybody except you

The majority of supporters care. You are in a minority but then I will probably be in a minority when I say I can''t wait for Roeder to go elsewhere.

Look mate. I''d book yourself in to see a shrink. Huckerby is one of the greatest wingers to waltz the flanks at Carrow Road and should be immortilized with Legendary status at Carrow Road.

I care cause the Hucks is still good enough to have served us for at least another season and I fear that we''re not going to get near the top of the championship when we get rid of players capable of taking us there!

And yes I''ved moved on like I have had to many times before in my 3 decades+ of following Norwich City FC but it doesn''t mean I''ll ever accept Glen Roeders hideous decision!

I care, I think he could''ve still done another season at least.

I eagerly await the impending quality replacement for Huckerby - that I assume will arrive before the onset of  the new season, including additional quality reinforcements for those ''fringes'' and ''youth'' players, that were shown the exit-door by the club........If we do an ''Only Crofty'' (very unlikely as Roeder won''t accept that) who was the singular (no plural) addition to the NCFC ''limited'' squad a few years back.....I will be firkin livid!

We cannot afford to downsize or accept average additions......I think that next season is going to be an entirely different ''Ball-Game'' to our 3rd under-achieving season in the Championship. Totally different to the ''anyone can beat anyone'' and few points between mid, bottom and top of the league positions. 

Before we hopefully reinforce our squad, who is the actually true ''quality'' amongst the permanent and regulars? Without wishing to be a ''Drama Queen''. We need more than fine-tuning, we require a major-overhaul, or we will certainly struggle.

We''ll miss him now he''s gone......

So if Huvkerbys departure turns out for example to free up the money for a done deal on Etherington would you still be angry? 

[quote user="scott"]

I care cause the Hucks is still good enough to have served us for at least another season and I fear that we''re not going to get near the top of the championship when we get rid of players capable of taking us there!

And yes I''ved moved on like I have had to many times before in my 3 decades+ of following Norwich City FC but it doesn''t mean I''ll ever accept Glen Roeders hideous decision!

[/quote]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

We cannot afford to downsize or accept average additions......I think that next season is going to be an entirely different ''Ball-Game'' to our 3rd under-achieving season in the Championship. Totally different to the ''anyone can beat anyone'' and few points between mid, bottom and top of the league positions. 

[/quote]

I agree.  This season will prove to be a tipping point imo.  The Champ will soon become like the Prem, with a gap between the clubs with new investment and those without.  If the present trend continues we can forget the top six.  Mid-table security will be the most we can achieve, if we''re lucky.   Which was what was wanted as far as the board are concerned . . .

Having invested so much in protecting themselves against takeover could backfire horribly on our club.  If the finances get so desperate that we need new investment to avoid going out of business, they may bitterly regret that they''ve made the club so unattractive to potential investors.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I agree.  This season will prove to be a tipping point imo.  The Champ will soon become like the Prem, with a gap between the clubs with new investment and those without.  If the present trend continues we can forget the top six.  Mid-table security will be the most we can achieve, if we''re lucky.   Which was what was wanted as far as the board are concerned . . .

Having invested so much in protecting themselves against takeover could backfire horribly on our club.  If the finances get so desperate that we need new investment to avoid going out of business, they may bitterly regret that they''ve made the club so unattractive to potential investors.

[/quote]

Your argument continues to fail to sustain logic Fat Prophet. Your reasoning asks that logic be suspended. Why would people who have clearly demonstrated their ability to manage their lives successfully in a financial manner operate in such a foolish way, i.e. to make their business unatttractive to others while it perches on the edge of going out of business?  

The club is not unattactive to any investor on face value; what''s unattactive is the major shareholders have such a large stake in it and have a very exacting shortlist which any applicants have to comply with. Ask yourself this, if you wanted to invest say 10m, would you also not want a say in the way the club is run? At present Delia and Michael call the shots and until that changes the prospect of any new investment remains unlikely.