Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Will Tiny be Availble?

What do you think?  Will Brum be more willing to sell him if they get relegated, or if they stay up?  He seems to be one of the only sure things out there as a player who can help us with immediate impact.  I''d like to see Brum relegated, only because I don''t like Brady at all, and I''d like Fulham to stay up, because they''d buy their way back up to the Premiership immediately.  For someone who wants Tiny on our squad, what is the best case scenario?  Thoughts?

I don''t know the answer to your question but the thing that would concern me is whether the Eduardo incident has altered his confidence/game in any way.  If it has you might not be getting quite the same player.  I get the impression from friends in Brum that he''s hardly played at all since then.

I think they will defianately need to stay up if we want him. I think he was one of there main players during their promtion season so bruce will know that tiny is very good at this level and will probably want to keep him. Tho i hate birmingham and Brady and her s**t colum in the sun that she writes.

[quote user="Waller"]I think they will defianately need to stay up if we want him. I think he was one of there main players during their promtion season so bruce will know that tiny is very good at this level and will probably want to keep him. Tho i hate birmingham and Brady and her s**t colum in the sun that she writes.[/quote]

I can tell that you read the sun.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

What do you think?  Will Brum be more willing to sell him if they get relegated, or if they stay up?  He seems to be one of the only sure things out there as a player who can help us with immediate impact.  I''d like to see Brum relegated, only because I don''t like Brady at all, and I''d like Fulham to stay up, because they''d buy their way back up to the Premiership immediately.  For someone who wants Tiny on our squad, what is the best case scenario?  Thoughts?

[/quote]If the board had not numptied around when we made the initial enquiry he would be part of the squad now. Can''t see us spending the money now.

[quote user="Waller"]I think they will defianately need to stay up if we want him. I think he was one of there main players during their promtion season so bruce will know that tiny is very good at this level and will probably want to keep him. Tho i hate birmingham and Brady and her s**t colum in the sun that she writes.[/quote]

Bruce isn''t their manager now though, but your point remains valid. I don''t think we''ll see Tiny here again whatever league they''re in. He''s been involved in the first team regularly since January (apart from the suspension) and if they come down they won''t want to get rid of him.

he hasnt played a 1st team game since his suspension, so i doubt hes in their plans. hes damaged goods as it were, so i reckon brum will look to sell, altho i can see teams with more money wanting taylor coz hes a great defender. wud be great to get him bak tho.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]he hasnt played a 1st team game since his suspension, so i doubt hes in their plans. hes damaged goods as it were, so i reckon brum will look to sell, altho i can see teams with more money wanting taylor coz hes a great defender. wud be great to get him bak tho.[/quote]

He played in their 2-0 defeat at Wigan in April, though he was subbed after 72 mins according to their website. Whether he stays or goes, I agree that he won''t be back here.

I''m not going to lie to you newyorkcanary he''s going to be signing for us this summer. Can''t divulge my source obviously but lets just say it''s a done deal. Think we can put this one to bed and take it as read he''s one of ours.

[quote user="Mal"]I''m not going to lie to you newyorkcanary he''s going to be signing for us this summer. Can''t divulge my source obviously but lets just say it''s a done deal. Think we can put this one to bed and take it as read he''s one of ours.[/quote]

Cor what''s that smell?  I thought muckspreading had finished for this year . . . [;)]

[quote user="Mal"]I''m not going to lie to you newyorkcanary he''s going to be signing for us this summer. Can''t divulge my source obviously but lets just say it''s a done deal. Think we can put this one to bed and take it as read he''s one of ours.[/quote]

I''m sure you said that in Jan as well.

In much the same way I can''t spend my million pound fortune on whatever I want because I HAVEN''T GOT ONE.

I really do hope so. I can see Birmingham buying a center half as a matter of priority if they stay up, so I am hoping they do it - unlikely as it may seem.

A tiny sum - will be offered for Tiny......and the board can then say "We Tried!"........"Again"....

[quote user="Badcanary"]Has he not got 6 months left on his contract. He''ll be here in the summer on the cheap.[/quote]

According to the Birmingham Post of some months ago (when you were trying to sign him) he signed a three year contract with Birmingham in May 2007.

[quote user="Badcanary"]Has he not got 6 months left on his contract. He''ll be here in the summer on the cheap.[/quote]Wow, deja vue.He has more than a year left on his contract. Also what player has a contract that ends in November?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Will somebody please tell me who the heck "Tiny" is?

All this stuff about WBA being relegated doesn''t make it any clearer.

[/quote]

Apparently....he''s HUGE!.....Is ''Tiny''....

Houston - Tiny is the nickname given to Martin Taylor, the 6''4 defender we had on loan from Birmingham earlier in the season.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Must be some sort of inside joke I''m not privy to. Oh well. If Mellow Yellow''s response was amusing to someone, lucky ''that guy''.[/quote]

Martin Taylor, Birmingham City.  Nicknamed Tiny because he isn''t in the same way that one of my daughter''s instrumental teachers was nicknamed "Titch" because he was 6ft 5 and 17 stone.

[quote user="Badcanary"]Has he not got 6 months left on his contract. He''ll be here in the summer on the cheap.[/quote]

He has another year on his contract - however i would imagine that they would rather get what they can for him rather than him running down his contract

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Must be some sort of inside joke I''m not privy to. Oh well. If Mellow Yellow''s response was amusing to someone, lucky ''that guy''.[/quote]

"Houston......We have a problem"......

I think that he will come here again. But I think he is close on 20k a week for in reality, an average player. I would have him here straight away. But with the finacial restraints we have, can we afford someone who will cost close to a million and double that over the length of his contract? Get him here thou, I''m sure we would have been higher up in the league with him here and look what he done in Brum''s promotion season.

simple as this

birmingham prem next season - sold

birmingham champ next year - kept

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[/quote]

If the board had not numptied around when we made the initial enquiry he would be part of the squad now. Can''t see us spending the money now.
[/quote]

It was not the Board that numptied around, it was GR - common knowledge.

"Houston......We have a problem"...... - Mellow Yellow

Yes, you do, MY.

If we do manage to sign Taylor, the only problem I will have with that will be WHY THE HECK didn''t we just do it last January when it could have helped.  Signing him now may not work as well if the squad is not the ones he had become familiar with and played so well for. But it would certainly be an improvement on what we have now, so bring him on!

the reason we didn''t do it last Jan Houston is that Brum wanted £1.1m (i think) and we would only offer £750k max

or at least that''s what Brady (hate that women) said in her COLUMN (why can no one can spell that!) at the time

is this the same source who told u he was "signing tommorow" EVERY DAY in Janaury.... go and wind up someone else..

jas :)