Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Interview with Darren Huckerby

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

As you are a reader of our Forum Darren, you will be obviously aware that this managers views on yourself are his alone and not ours.

WE are Norwich City not HIM, therefore you will now realise how much we think of you. Yes this is the feeling you must take away with you and not the bitterness you must be harbouring of the treatment by this  manager.

So sorry for the way it has all been done, good luck in the future mate.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but Hux has been very unaffective for the last few seasons. He not a championship player any more so should be released without any doubt. Hes a disruptive member of the dressing room and players will not come to NCFC while he is there.

As for passion and feelings for our club...look at his revent performance against ipswich - more passion in my little toe!! Hes picked up his massive wages every week and has done very little to merit it .Time to move on and replace him.

And if Hux is our ''best ever'' player, as some have said, it doesn''t say very much for our club!!

[/quote]

Can only assume this post is from a Binman as it in no way sums up the views of any Norwich fans I know. Hucks = Legend.

[quote user="KINGhucks"]

I''m devestated, broken-hearted and total despair! Actually, none of these words can sum up how low i am feeling. My hero ever since i saw him play for Forest as a neutral fan. Couldn''t believe it when Worthy pulled him out of the bag. I hope we see you again soon Darren, You are truley a great man and have been virtually unstoppable 99% of the matches i have seen you play.

I Would like to take this opportunity to wish you ALL the success and luck a fantastic man, servant and player deserves!

[/quote]

Lets keep this in perspective shall we. I know some people are dissapointed but come on guys!...

Remember that Hux never cut it in the Premier League. I take it you mean ''unstoppable'' against second division defences?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

As you are a reader of our Forum Darren, you will be obviously aware that this managers views on yourself are his alone and not ours.

WE are Norwich City not HIM, therefore you will now realise how much we think of you. Yes this is the feeling you must take away with you and not the bitterness you must be harbouring of the treatment by this  manager.

So sorry for the way it has all been done, good luck in the future mate.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but Hux has been very unaffective for the last few seasons. He not a championship player any more so should be released without any doubt. Hes a disruptive member of the dressing room and players will not come to NCFC while he is there.

As for passion and feelings for our club...look at his revent performance against ipswich - more passion in my little toe!! Hes picked up his massive wages every week and has done very little to merit it .Time to move on and replace him.

And if Hux is our ''best ever'' player, as some have said, it doesn''t say very much for our club!!

[/quote]

Can only assume this post is from a Binman as it in no way sums up the views of any Norwich fans I know. Hucks = Legend.

[/quote]

Just becuase i''m not carried away with all this ''greatest ever to wear the shirt'' rubbish. Don''t accuse me of being a binner!! lol

Go crawl back under your blue and white rock... I may not have loads of posts to my name but your 3 give you no credability at all... you''re just trying to stir.

I posted after the Sheffield game that it was a real shame that Hucks didn''t get a send off like Dion, as in mine and I''m sure many other''s opinions he more than deserves one at least equal to that!  When was the last time we had a player at the club that was capable of single handedly changing games...? One that you could spend a whole evening down the pub taking about his performances...? One that opposing teams would often mark with 2 players...? One that had the opportunity to leave for a more successful club but stayed loyal...?

It is a great shame and a little bit of magic on a Saturday afternoon has now gone. When I saw that article this morning, I honestly felt gutted both for myself and him as he clearly wanted to stay.

If you do read this board, thanks for the memories and good luck with wherever you go next!!! To be honest, I hope you go to somewhere like Sunderland and show GR and the board just when they are missing out on! The only reason I went to Sheffield was to see (potentially at the time) your last game, cheers for coming over to us at the end even though you didn''t know what was happening.

A bad day today.

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="KINGhucks"]

I''m devestated, broken-hearted and total despair! Actually, none of these words can sum up how low i am feeling. My hero ever since i saw him play for Forest as a neutral fan. Couldn''t believe it when Worthy pulled him out of the bag. I hope we see you again soon Darren, You are truley a great man and have been virtually unstoppable 99% of the matches i have seen you play.

I Would like to take this opportunity to wish you ALL the success and luck a fantastic man, servant and player deserves!

[/quote]

Lets keep this in perspective shall we. I know some people are dissapointed but come on guys!...

Remember that Hux never cut it in the Premier League. I take it you mean ''unstoppable'' against second division defences?

[/quote]

30 goals in 100 games for Coventry. That record dosen''t lie and a £4 million transfer to Leeds to boot. . . couldn''t cut it in the prem?

[quote user="Gibbo"]

Go crawl back under your blue and white rock... I may not have loads of posts to my name but your 3 give you no credability at all... you''re just trying to stir.

I posted after the Sheffield game that it was a real shame that Hucks didn''t get a send off like Dion, as in mine and I''m sure many other''s opinions he more than deserves one at least equal to that!  When was the last time we had a player at the club that was capable of single handedly changing games...? One that you could spend a whole evening down the pub taking about his performances...? One that opposing teams would often mark with 2 players...? One that had the opportunity to leave for a more successful club but stayed loyal...?

It is a great shame and a little bit of magic on a Saturday afternoon has now gone. When I saw that article this morning, I honestly felt gutted both for myself and him as he clearly wanted to stay.

If you do read this board, thanks for the memories and good luck with wherever you go next!!! To be honest, I hope you go to somewhere like Sunderland and show GR and the board just when they are missing out on! The only reason I went to Sheffield was to see (potentially at the time) your last game, cheers for coming over to us at the end even though you didn''t know what was happening.

A bad day today.

[/quote]

Isnt this message board for peoples opinions. Thankyou, i will continue.

When was the last time Hux ''single handedly changed a game'' then? Youre living in a time warp i''m afraid.

Hux is always welcome to my house for a beer, but lets not go mental over this. No body has died.

funny you should say that cos when i read he was going it felt like a sudden bereavement i cant think of any other way of describing it. i`m still numb and angry

Thank you Hucks for 5 years of fantastic service, 100% commitment and 100% good attitude and quality football.

Never got to meet you personally, really wish i could have, but all i hear is good reports about yourself, and you have been a credit to our football club.

Maybe we can get you on loan from Chelsea in the near future :)

Good luck for the future Darren! Hope to see you around Carrow Road sometime!

[quote user="ched seven"]funny you should say that cos when i read he was going it felt like a sudden bereavement i cant think of any other way of describing it. i`m still numb and angry[/quote]

"Every parting a little death" is a wise old saying. 

You''re response is spot on ched, after all no one dies when there''s a divorce but it can certainly feel that way.

Archer...ive never heard such crap in all my life!!!

Never made it in the Prem?? Did you watch any of our Prem campaign, still remember him skinning the Arsenal defence!!!

And to claim hes not a championship player??!! Is that why Sunderland, Sheff Utd and Crystal Pal are after him???

Hucks, just watched the interview, what a top bloke and I still quite can''t believe that the club let you go, too early and we did not get a chance to give you a proper send off. Thanks for all you have done fella, been the greatest player in my 22 years of supporting Norwich. Good luck with the future.

I''m furious with the club. Roeder had obviously made his mind up before yesterday and didn''t even have the decency to let us, the fans, give him a proper send off. No excuses, that''s nothing short of pathetic...What a w&nk£r. So many players are at clubs for the money, but when you get a player at your club because he loves, and feels affinity for the club...well that''s something special...and means so much to the fans. I was so sure Darren would get another year here.....but anyway. Darren...All the very very best, you will leave with the highest regard from every Norwich fan, young and old, without doubt the greatest and most passionate player to grace our pitch and wear the shirt. Good luck in the future fella, Alex. 

Thanks Hucks, great player. Gave hope when we coudent do enything right. Great prefisionale. Deserve a testamonie game. Will rembember him as a LEGEND!!!!!

(whont blame him for signing for an other championship club, afther the way the sad man Roder trated him)

My favorit Norwich player ever.

(sorry, Green, Fleck, Ryan and Eadie)

I think it''s an absolute disgrace !! Roeder obviously knew that he wasn''t going to offer Hux a new contract so why did he not let the fans know so that they could give the man the send off he deserved. Glenn, you have definitely handled this the wrong way!! Surely he must have realised the place that Hux holds in the hearts of all true Norwich fans.  I realise that there are many doubters here who think that Hux is past his best but that does not detract from the years of service and not least LOYALTY that he has shown this club, the club that he obviously loves.  In this era of money money money I find it even more amazing that ANY player would show such loyalty even to the extent of never wanting to play against the club.

To you Darren, if as they say, you read these, you have my utmost respect and gratitude for you service to this club. I would love to see you back at some stage in whatever capacity you would chose.  You have been one of the true greats to have worn the yellow and green. Thank you for everything.

To you Glenn, you have a lot of work to do to make up for this. 

I can''t believe the way the Club has treated a player who has been so loyal!! These days players are more and more likely to want to jump ship every season in search of more money yet Hucks remained committed the cause, under a successful manager in Worthy and an unsuccessful in Grant.

Dion got a huge deserved send off but if id have known it was Hucks'' last game I would have made more fuss of Hucks! I feel we haven''t had chance to thank him as the board and manager kept to their version of no new contracts until we are safe...won''t be falling for that again!

Oh Huck''a Huck''a Huckerby............

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

He looked distant. His speech contained very long gaps indicating to me that it was playing on his mind alot. 

[/quote]His £12,000 a week just stopped. Course its on his mind. Maybe if he''s pulled his finger o0ut a bit more often when we lost the ball he''s be signing a new dealWe didn''t axe him for being brilliant. Like Crouch, he forced us to play a certain (predictable) way and defend with 10 men.Thanks.Bye.

The best entertainer the Canaries have had in years. Currently listening to him on Radio Broadland (he''s just chosen Guns N'' Roses) talking about the Cardiff game, his last game on loan with the Canaries. That has to be one of the best games at Carrow Road in years.

Roeder has made the correct decision, but he should of gone about it a much more respectable way, which hasn''t endeared him to many fans. Roeder doesn''t have to make apologies - it''s the Roeder way.

However, Huckerby has had the luxury of playing infront of over 20,000 pandering idiots week after week AND getting away with it!. No other club would of put up with lets face it, meandering mediocrity for so long. Because many - though not all - Norwich fans seem to love him no matter how he plays. I''ve never seen anything quite like it at Carrow Road - why did it ever get this way?

On arrival, Huckerby was brilliant and that will never be forgotten [and through no fault of his own consequently made Drury from being one of the best full backs in the league, to one of the worst]. But have Norwich ever got the value for money that Huckerby has been paid over the years? It''s a big question.

It is no co-incidence that he has returned to form over the last few weeks, because he needed to play well. That said, I believe Roeders mind was made up long ago. Huckerby frustrated us when he was here, and will continue to do so in the future.

You just can''t win with him, whatever you do...

If we''d never signed Hux in the first place, and we now found out that Roeder''s first close season signing was the ageing, slowing, over the hill, injury prone, unable to defend, tackle or head Hux for Â£400 - 500k per year there''d be a riot on this board.

A brave decision by Roeder - could have handled it better but there''s little room for sentiment in football at the moment.

Why don''t all of you upset fans dry your eyes, look at the bigger picture and wait to see where those wages go. If Roeders team is good you''ll all forget about Hucks  - if it isn''t, I''ll join you in calling for his head by Christmas.

I think some of you may be pleasantly surprised by Roeders team performance next year whilst others (who is that muppit 1st Gizzard??) will be unhappy that we''re doing well.......

[quote user="komakino"]Roeder has made the correct decision, but he should of gone about it a much more respectable way, which hasn''t endeared him to many fans. Roeder doesn''t have to make apologies - it''s the Roeder way. However, Huckerby has had the luxury of playing infront of over 20,000 pandering idiots week after week AND getting away with it!. No other club would of put up with lets face it, meandering mediocrity for so long. Because many - though not all - Norwich fans seem to love him no matter how he plays. I''ve never seen anything quite like it at Carrow Road - why did it ever get this way? On arrival, Huckerby was brilliant and that will never be forgotten [and through no fault of his own consequently made Drury from being one of the best full backs in the league, to one of the worst]. But have Norwich ever got the value for money that Huckerby has been paid over the years? It''s a big question. It is no co-incidence that he has returned to form over the last few weeks, because he needed to play well. That said, I believe Roeders mind was made up long ago. Huckerby frustrated us when he was here, and will continue to do so in the future. You just can''t win with him, whatever you do...[/quote]

Great post.

Hucks is not the ''legend'' everyone is making out. If you think about it, there have probably been more poor/very average performances than good ones. Did no one else witness Hucks pathetic game against the scum?? It was frankly embarrassing, and so were plenty of other ''performances'' over the last couple of seasons. People think he is a ''legend'' simply because he has been the ''best of a bad lot'', says a lot really when you think about it. A good player on his day, but whats legendary about that exactly?

Also, interesting point about Huckerbys recent good form - a lot of my mates have said exactly the same - shame he couldn''t get his ass into gear before he realised what was coming. I hate to say it, but i think Huckerby is a typical football and will go wherever the money is. To say he would happily have taken a pay cut is laughable. There is no ''loyalty'' if nobody else came in for him, is there? Who did he turn down? i must have missed that!

archer4721 - We all know football is about opinions but i can assure you where we sit, together with all my mates who attend matches home and away, I simply do not agree with you. It is also annoying that all anti Hucks posts on the board are mainly accompanied by swearing or ignorant accusations to those who hold my view.

komakino - Your post is a typical example of spewing vitriol. You are accusing me and others of being pandering idiots. I would not be happy if someone said that to my face!!

Finally - how many times has Hucks stated that money is not the important factor. He has had clubs approach him on numerous occasions including the January window.

As for how other clubs rate him, lets see what happens. He won''t go to another Championship club so that restricts him. Personally it wouldn''t worry me if he did, I would be pleased to see him at Carrow road again.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]archer4721 - We all know football is about opinions but i can assure you where we sit, together with all my mates who attend matches home and away, I simply do not agree with you. It is also annoying that all anti Hucks posts on the board are mainly accompanied by swearing or ignorant accusations to those who hold my view. komakino - Your post is a typical example of spewing vitriol. You are accusing me and others of being pandering idiots. I would not be happy if someone said that to my face!! Finally - how many times has Hucks stated that money is not the important factor. He has had clubs approach him on numerous occasions including the January window. As for how other clubs rate him, lets see what happens. He won''t go to another Championship club so that restricts him. Personally it wouldn''t worry me if he did, I would be pleased to see him at Carrow road again.[/quote]

"how many times has Hux stated that money is not important"???

If you believe that then you really are a sucker of the highest possible order. Think about it for a minute...how many footballers have you heard of that don''t care about money??...its his livelihood FFS! Stop falling for the end-less spin coming from both board AND players!

If Huxs ever actually said that money is not important then he is nothing short of a liar.

we''ve had some good players here down the years , weve had some great players too , but hucks was something different . during the promotion year he was literally unplayable , nobody could stop his mazy runs into the box and for me the goal he scored against wigan summed up his game perfectly . we will probably not have another one quite like him , someone who puts bums on seats never quite knowing what he was going to produce . i dont care what he was earning , hucks was worth another year at least over some of our lesser payed mr average . great memories from a great player . all the best darren .

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]archer4721 - We all know football is about opinions but i can assure you where we sit, together with all my mates who attend matches home and away, I simply do not agree with you. It is also annoying that all anti Hucks posts on the board are mainly accompanied by swearing or ignorant accusations to those who hold my view. komakino - Your post is a typical example of spewing vitriol. You are accusing me and others of being pandering idiots. I would not be happy if someone said that to my face!! Finally - how many times has Hucks stated that money is not the important factor. He has had clubs approach him on numerous occasions including the January window. As for how other clubs rate him, lets see what happens. He won''t go to another Championship club so that restricts him. Personally it wouldn''t worry me if he did, I would be pleased to see him at Carrow road again.[/quote]

"how many times has Hux stated that money is not important"???

If you believe that then you really are a sucker of the highest possible order. Think about it for a minute...how many footballers have you heard of that don''t care about money??...its his livelihood FFS! Stop falling for the end-less spin coming from both board AND players!

If Huxs ever actually said that money is not important then he is nothing short of a liar.

[/quote]

...and, as if all the fans, actually believe that the NCFC Board - "truly have the supporter''s best interests in their hearts".....

I suppose in a way, you''re sort of correct...."Rich people - always want to get richer".......

Anyway, you should apply for a job with the club media.... 

Ok Archer - The gloves are off. You have now called me a sucker. I could accuse you of using your wrist a bit too much but i will resist because all of your posts have been a bit too stupid to be really meaningful. As Harry Hill would say FIGHT!

I will meet you any where any place You total pratt

Darren Huckerby was the best thing that has happened to Norwich City FC. His speed, skills and great goals were marvels to behold. He''s also Norwich through and through, and has been loyal and committed to the club, even through the tough times post relegation to today. Darren joined the club and made exciting things happen. His flair and talent are what inspired me to follow the team closely, even though I live on the other side of the country. Without Darren, we wouldn''t have gotten promoted in 2004. He was a catalyst of revival, and made things happen once again at NCFC.I''m bitterly disappointed that Roeder and the board have released a true Norwich legend before he was ready to go. Darren Huckerby was, and is, my favourite player and I''ll always have a place for him and his silky skills in the footballing part of my heart.Good luck with your future endeavours, Darren, and thanks for all the great times,Alex.

I sensed in the interview that for once Hucks is being very diplomatic and inside is hurting badly and seething at Roeders terrible decision to release him!

Crap decision Glen, I''m losing faith in you!

Thanks Hucks. You may be gone but Never forgotten. Thanks for 5 great years. You ran the show with speed,goals and class.Shame on Roeder and co. for not offering you a new contract. This is my 2 year old son ''Darren'' called after your great self.All the best!!![:(]