Sign in to follow this  
OB-news.dk

Steen Nedergaard - how do you remember him?

Pure class...like everyone said probably the best overseas player that City have had. The Coventry goal was just so out of the blue which made it even more memorable. That evening I bumped into Steeno in the curryhouse on Harvey Lane where I proceeded to chant Steeno at him and shook his hand. He just chatted away till his take-away was ready. I would be delighted if he ever came back to the club in any capacity. Shame there aren''t more players of his ilk in football!

[quote user="yellow blood"]Pure class...like everyone said probably the best overseas player that City have had. The Coventry goal was just so out of the blue which made it even more memorable. That evening I bumped into Steeno in the curryhouse on Harvey Lane where I proceeded to chant Steeno at him and shook his hand. He just chatted away till his take-away was ready. I would be delighted if he ever came back to the club in any capacity. Shame there aren''t more players of his ilk in football![/quote]

i totally agree. I think, that his way of being so polite to the fans, where other players often have their "nose in the sky" is, that Steeno understood and appreciated the football culture. He feels, i think, that fans are just as important as the players, that all these different parts, are creating a fantastic culture together. Everybody could learn from his approach.

Steeno was one the best players we had at the time, though not exceptionally gifted, he was solid, always gave 100% and was easily one of the most likeable we''ve had at the club in a long time... Legend, simple as.

Ahhh Steeno. What a superb guy. One of my all time favourite City players. He was such a great crosser, the best I''ve seen play in yellow. I can''t count the number of times he whipped ''em in and found Iwan. I remember after a cup game I met a few of the players and I asked him to sign my programme and he said sure or something and he asked me who my favourite player was and I said him and he just smiled.

I remember it now! Chelsea at home in the cup! How we didn''t win that game I don''t know, cudicini was excellent and we only got tickets because my dad chatted up the woman in the ticket office [:)]

Steeno was the most polite footballer I''ve met.Always a "thank you very much" when wishing him good luck before a game.  And signing autographs for kids was never a problem.  When he did his lap of honour when he left, I was standing at the front, you could clearly see he was emotionally touched at the send off he was given.

he came across as a very honest and genuine player, I was always happy to see him in the team. Remember Keegan slagging him on tv off after a game against Man City the season they went up when he got hacked down by one of their players. Have loathed Keegan ever since.

Strangely Steeno always used to remind me of Pinnochio, wooden chiselled features, although it could of course have been down to substance abuse at the time....

I remember Steeno putting Stuart Pearce on his arse with a "hard but fair" tackle and immediately Pearce got up and got in Steen''s face, ranting and raving.Steeno just stared at him, totally unfazed and won the "psycho"logical battle there and then.

[quote user="Herb"]I remember Steeno putting Stuart Pearce on his arse with a "hard but fair" tackle and immediately Pearce got up and got in Steen''s face, ranting and raving.Steeno just stared at him, totally unfazed and won the "psycho"logical battle there and then.[/quote]Hier Klicken

Steen Nedergaard is the best right back I have ever seen playing for this club.

And that 30 yarder vs Coventry.... was immense.

[quote user="elgrande"]

[/quote]Christ yeah,  it nearly took the net off

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]I remember one tackle when Darren Kenton and Steeno crunched an opponent and Steeno jumped and high fived Kents.

Kenton looked really confused but the fans loved it!!  memo to Kenton.... it was called passion
[/quote]
I remember that too, faithful. Brilliant moment. It''s just a pity Kenton didn''t share Steeno''s attitude to the game.
[/quote]

Me too - was that the same game as the Marc Libbra debut goal???

Hi, I would happily take your translation of Steeno''s footballing story and edit it for you to make your summary flow a little better.

send it to me on james.wallis@dowjones.com

Depending on length, i will get it done asap and send it to whoever wants it (flown the nest, pinkun etc...)

Steen was a very classy player, nice touch, good passer...like many danish players... he just got english football, understood the fans passion and seemed to really enjoy the way the game was played over here.

Pleased he is doing well, he is a player who''ll be held in high regard in and around Norwich for a long time to come.

James

[quote user="elgrande"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t ''that'' goal against Palace?

As everyone has said on here, Steeno was a legend. His delivery from crosses whilst running at pace was phenomenal. He was committed and worked selflessly for the team and he also really seemed to appreciate the fans - always taking time to acknowledge us. When you consider how many players have been and gone in recent years, it''s a real testament to him as a person that he is so fondly remembered by the City fans. I will never forget the lap of honour after his last game and his chant belting out from the Barclay or the photo of him after with tears in his eyes.

Be nice if Steen was made aware of this discussion and could read how much we appreciated him here?

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

Hi, I would happily take your translation of Steeno''s footballing story and edit it for you to make your summary flow a little better.

send it to me on james.wallis@dowjones.com

Depending on length, i will get it done asap and send it to whoever wants it (flown the nest, pinkun etc...)

Steen was a very classy player, nice touch, good passer...like many danish players... he just got english football, understood the fans passion and seemed to really enjoy the way the game was played over here.

Pleased he is doing well, he is a player who''ll be held in high regard in and around Norwich for a long time to come.

James

[/quote]

Hi James

Sounds great. I can''t tell when i will have the translation ready, it''s rather long (four pages each interview), so it is a lot of work. But eventually i will have it ready, i have written down your mail address, so sooner og later you will receive it. Where will you publish it?

Bingo: I can send a link to Steeno from this debate.

Hi I will probably post it to the chap who runs flown the nest - a site dedicated to ex canaries... i think the url is www.ex-canaries.co.uk

Also i''ll post it to the pinkun... obviously i will say it''s you who''s written it etc...!

Look forward to reading the article!

james.

Steeno also mananged to get Thomas Helveg to sign for us, if Worthy had have used him at right back and not a hloding midfielder we would have been a much better player for us.

[quote user="queen be"] I still treasure my signed program. [/quote]

I still treasure my inflatable cat, signed by Steeno himself. He looked rather bemused to be signing a cat, but its all I had to hand at the time. Dont ask.