Sign in to follow this  
City Devil

ROEDER OUT!!!!!

[quote user="City Devil"]I don''t care how long he has been manager at the club, I don''t care if people think he should be given next season to show us what he can do. He has shown me what he can do and what type of person he is and is definitely somebody that shouldn''t be associated with the club - and let''s face it.... he is utter rubbish!!I am so furious about the treatment of Huckerby - clearly there where personal reasons involved and if it was just down to footballing reasons then why haven''t several other first team players been released??When I first found out that Roeder was taking over as manager I was somewhat concerned as he had always been a manager that I never really credited and the fact he was listed in the top 10 of worst managers pretty much backed this up. However, it seemed at first that he may have found a club that he worked well with and perhaps he was just what we needed. But it didn''t take long for things to change. The results stopped coming and the belief faded. If he cared about the club, the team and especially the fans he would never have made the decision to release Huckerby especially in the way that he did.I want him out now before he does anymore damage!!!!!!!!![/quote]I agree, I have never been a big fan of Roeder and don''t think I ever will be. The bad decisions just keep coming (and I don''t think that they will stop here!). Maybe he has planned another mid season jolly in Spain with the money he has saved by terminating Huckerbys contract!! And selling Joe Lewis for a ridiculously small fee will come back to haunt the club big time!And sadly I can''t see things getting any better, just look at the guys CV. It certainly doesn''t inspire much confidence!Lets see how the season begins, I fear the worst. The results had better be good or Glen will be on borrowed time, I know a lot of fans are already against him!! P.S Thank you Hucks. I would rather have you than Roeder at our club any day!!

Look, I, along with many others, are completely fed up with the nonsense I am hearing on this board. Do you honestly think that Roeder does not have a plan, and several back up plans for next season?!? He isn''t going to take us into next season with our current squad. There will be additions, we just have to be patient. If it wasn''t for him, we WOULD now be in league 1. Fans have such short memories. The last thing we need now is more change, we need stability. Look at the clubs that have had stability in previous years, and then look at Leicester. We mock Milan Manadaric for changing manager on a weekly basis - look where they are now.

If you guys aren''t careful, it''l be you that put us into league 1, not Glenn Roeder.

It''s not just Roeder that refused to extend Huckerby''s contract. Grant could have easily have done it last summer rather than let it go into the final year.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]

Look, I, along with many others, are completely fed up with the nonsense I am hearing on this board. Do you honestly think that Roeder does not have a plan, and several back up plans for next season?!? He isn''t going to take us into next season with our current squad. There will be additions, we just have to be patient. If it wasn''t for him, we WOULD now be in league 1. Fans have such short memories. The last thing we need now is more change, we need stability. Look at the clubs that have had stability in previous years, and then look at Leicester. We mock Milan Manadaric for changing manager on a weekly basis - look where they are now.

If you guys aren''t careful, it''l be you that put us into league 1, not Glenn Roeder.

[/quote]The same people who spent most of the season saying how desperately poor our squad was, how we needed a complete overhaul. And now Roeder is doing that, he''s getting castigated for leaving the squad too thin! It''s three months until our next competitive match for crying out loud! Judge him on his results at the end of the summer, not the beginning...

[quote user="Canary Chris"]

[/quote]Know this for a fact do you? If we hadn''t won against QPR then we would be in league 1, so it wasn''t exactly guaranteed safety. Look where Warnock took Palace and that''s without the massive fan base that Norwich have.I really don''t rate Roeder as a manager nor as a person so why would I want him managing the club I love?

[quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Canary Chris"]

[/quote]Know this for a fact do you? If we hadn''t won against QPR then we would be in league 1, so it wasn''t exactly guaranteed safety. Look where Warnock took Palace and that''s without the massive fan base that Norwich have.I really don''t rate Roeder as a manager nor as a person so why would I want him managing the club I love?[/quote]You don''t rate him as a person? How well do you know him, exactly?

Yea, and the next person that comes in that loses his first couple of games will doubtless be getting the same treatment from you. Im not saying im happy with our current situation, im saying give it time and patience. I didn''t hear you complaining on our huge unbeaten run. As i said before, you''re trying to turn us into another Leicester. Hopefully there''s enough people who see sense around the club, including us, that won''t let that happen.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Yea, and the next person that comes in that loses his first couple of games will doubtless be getting the same treatment from you. Im not saying im happy with our current situation, im saying give it time and patience. I didn''t hear you complaining on our huge unbeaten run. As i said before, you''re trying to turn us into another Leicester. Hopefully there''s enough people who see sense around the club, including us, that won''t let that happen.[/quote]

Spot on chris, why replace Roeder just because he decided to move the club forward, some people just love to hate!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Canary Chris"]

[/quote]Know this for a fact do you? If we hadn''t won against QPR then we would be in league 1, so it wasn''t exactly guaranteed safety. Look where Warnock took Palace and that''s without the massive fan base that Norwich have.I really don''t rate Roeder as a manager nor as a person so why would I want him managing the club I love?[/quote]You don''t rate him as a person? How well do you know him, exactly?[/quote]I don''t think you need to know him personally to know what sort of person he is. Surely no one with respect for other professionals would have dealt with the Huckerby situation in the way he did? And if he really cared about the fans, even if he had to let Hucks go, he should at least have given him a proper send off.

[quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Canary Chris"]

[/quote]Know this for a fact do you? If we hadn''t won against QPR then we would be in league 1, so it wasn''t exactly guaranteed safety. Look where Warnock took Palace and that''s without the massive fan base that Norwich have.I really don''t rate Roeder as a manager nor as a person so why would I want him managing the club I love?[/quote]You don''t rate him as a person? How well do you know him, exactly?[/quote]I don''t think you need to know him personally to know what sort of person he is. Surely no one with respect for other professionals would have dealt with the Huckerby situation in the way he did? And if he really cared about the fans, even if he had to let Hucks go, he should at least have given him a proper send off.[/quote]What sort of person are you implying he is, then? He''s decisive, for one thing, and you need that as a football manager. I think the way he dealt with Huckerby was harsh in the extreme, but that doesn''t make him a bad person. It''s a bit presumptuous to dislike Glenn as a person one the back of one decision he''s made. He also made a lot of other decisions that helped us to pull clear of relegation.

Eh? If we hadn''t beaten QPR? Who was in charge for that game?????????? GLENN F***IN ROEDER! Who is to say that with a different manager we would even have been in a position to stay up.

[quote user="king canary"]

Eh? If we hadn''t beaten QPR? Who was in charge for that game?????????? GLENN F***IN ROEDER! Who is to say that with a different manager we would even have been in a position to stay up.

[/quote]You''re missing the point. It shouldn''t have come down to needing to win that one game to avoid relegation. It should have been needing one win to be in the playoffs. Or maybe my expectations are higher than yours?

[quote user="City Devil"][quote user="king canary"]

[/quote]You''re missing the point. It shouldn''t have come down to needing to win that one game to avoid relegation. It should have been needing one win to be in the playoffs. Or maybe my expectations are higher than yours?[/quote]Well considering where we were when Glenn took over, we would have needed to display title-winning form for the remainder of the season to get into the top six. Considering the squad he inherited, and the complete lack of confidence in that group of players, I think your expectations are way too high. The slump was very worrying, but come August he will have rebuilt the squad in his own image, and then our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher.

Yes you do, personally i believe expecting a team that are bottom of the league after 12 games with only 8 points to get into the play off''s at the end of the season is increbibly unrealistic.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="king canary"]

[/quote]You''re missing the point. It shouldn''t have come down to needing to win that one game to avoid relegation. It should have been needing one win to be in the playoffs. Or maybe my expectations are higher than yours?[/quote]Well considering where we were when Glenn took over, we would have needed to display title-winning form for the remainder of the season to get into the top six. Considering the squad he inherited, and the complete lack of confidence in that group of players, I think your expectations are way too high. The slump was very worrying, but come August he will have rebuilt the squad in his own image, and then our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher.[/quote]Initially when Roeder took over clearly the priority was to avoid relegation however when we came within 4 points of the playoffs, of course my expectations were higher. But expectations were actually opportunity and had Roeder been the manager we needed we could have achieved it. However it all went wrong very quickly and Roeders true colours shone through!And as for "our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher". Does that mean we should look forward to 15th next season?

[quote user="kick it off"]Should have read "those sentiments to the contrary are phallousy...."[/quote]Your Freudian slip''s showing.

[quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="king canary"]

[/quote]You''re missing the point. It shouldn''t have come down to needing to win that one game to avoid relegation. It should have been needing one win to be in the playoffs. Or maybe my expectations are higher than yours?[/quote]Well considering where we were when Glenn took over, we would have needed to display title-winning form for the remainder of the season to get into the top six. Considering the squad he inherited, and the complete lack of confidence in that group of players, I think your expectations are way too high. The slump was very worrying, but come August he will have rebuilt the squad in his own image, and then our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher.[/quote]Initially when Roeder took over clearly the priority was to avoid relegation however when we came within 4 points of the playoffs, of course my expectations were higher. But expectations were actually opportunity and had Roeder been the manager we needed we could have achieved it. However it all went wrong very quickly and Roeders true colours shone through!And as for "our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher". Does that mean we should look forward to 15th next season?

[/quote]You''re basically making Glenn a victim of his own success there. If I''d have told you we''d be four points off the playoffs by March when Grant got fired, you''d have laughed in my face, wouldn''t you? Next season we need to show significant signs of improvement and a lot more consistency. I could stomach missing out on the playoffs, because it does take time to rebuild, but another bottom-half finish would be unacceptable. As I just said in another thread, though, if we''re down there I think it will be more to do with lack of financial support from the board rather than Glenn''s tactics.

No but to say he should be sacked cos we didnt make the play offs is just stupid. Personally I''m looking for a top half finish next season with the all the rebuilding that needs to be done.

[quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="king canary"]

[/quote]

No but it''s because he knows fickle fans like you will jump on the ''sack the manager'' bandwagon if he says we will make the playoffs and then don''t.

All this arguing guys, We will all know by Xmas if Roeder has make a pigs ear of it, or is Mr Wonderful.I am going off the guy but i am prepared to wait to see who he brings in and how we start.

[quote user="ricky knight"]All this arguing guys, We will all know by Xmas if Roeder has make a pigs ear of it, or is Mr Wonderful.I am going off the guy but i am prepared to wait to see who he brings in and how we start.[/quote]I totally agree ricky !   [;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]All this arguing guys, We will all know by Xmas if Roeder has make a pigs ear of it, or is Mr Wonderful.I am going off the guy but i am prepared to wait to see who he brings in and how we start.[/quote]

Yep, there''s always next year....[:P]

there is nobody more radical than me but there is not enough of us about anymore. So that being the case we can only wait to see which side of the Roeder argument is right. As i have said the Hux thing is a bloody disgrace but if you mention any sort of action nowadays, you are swamped by Percy''s KGB telling you what a traitor you are, for wanting answer from a club that is in massive decline, run by idiots. Believe me if by Xmas things are looking dodgy, i will be giving the large as usual, i really hope i dont have to.

[quote user="ricky knight"]there is nobody more radical than me but there is not enough of us about anymore. So that being the case we can only wait to see which side of the Roeder argument is right. As i have said the Hux thing is a bloody disgrace but if you mention any sort of action nowadays, you are swamped by Percy''s KGB telling you what a traitor you are, for wanting answer from a club that is in massive decline, run by idiots. Believe me if by Xmas things are looking dodgy, i will be giving the large as usual, i really hope i dont have to.[/quote]I said this in another thread, but we''ll have a good idea by August where the problem is. If Roeder gets a good chunk of money and we get good signings but still fail, he''ll have to cop the blame. More likely is that he gets little money to work with, and is asked to make a silk purse from a sow''s ear. If we''re near the bottom at Christmas due to lack of funds available in the summer, I think a lot of people in the middle ground (myself included) will begin to come round to your way of thinking about the board.After being too prudent after promotion, hanging on to Worthy too long, replacing him with the appalling Grant and then failing to back Roeder, I think the board would have no hiding place if we were in a relegation scrap again next season. I''ve been very patient with the board, as have lots of fans, but patience is finite.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="kick it off"]Should have read "those sentiments to the contrary are phallousy...."[/quote]Your Freudian slip''s showing.[/quote]Nope - that''s how i meant it!!  in response to a load of COCK and bull! lol

Its always the same topic''s different headings.... city devil get over it buddy roeder has the backing of most of the fans at this club you can''t call for his head over 6months and for releasing huckerby and ricky you a middle aged fake wrestler theres nothing radical in that.

I''m all for seeing roeder do well next season with a couple of good signings and some motivaiton we can do a hell of a lot better than we have done this season. Alot of people are forgetting it wasn''t roeder who put us in this postion!

[/quote]

You''re missing the point. It shouldn''t have come down to needing to win that one game to avoid relegation. It should have been needing one win to be in the playoffs. Or maybe my expectations are higher than yours?
[/quote]
Well considering where we were when Glenn took over, we would have needed to display title-winning form for the remainder of the season to get into the top six. Considering the squad he inherited, and the complete lack of confidence in that group of players, I think your expectations are way too high. The slump was very worrying, but come August he will have rebuilt the squad in his own image, and then our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher.
[/quote]

Initially when Roeder took over clearly the priority was to avoid relegation however when we came within 4 points of the playoffs, of course my expectations were higher. But expectations were actually opportunity and had Roeder been the manager we needed we could have achieved it. However it all went wrong very quickly and Roeders true colours shone through!

And as for "our expectations are entitled to be a bit higher". Does that mean we should look forward to 15th next season?

[/quote]

The only detail that GR was to do this season was to keep us up. However, I did felt that we were close to the playoffs at that stage and we could have pushed on a bit further. But no manager would want their team to lose and sure as hell , GR would have been over the flaming moon to get us there as would we all, but we stayed up, people on here were saying when we took over, that if we stayed up by goal difference, we would be well happy.