Sign in to follow this  
City Devil

ROEDER OUT!!!!!

[quote user="Polar"]Ricky, i''m not getting hot and bothered over it i''m just defending my opinion. You will always find people who agree and disagree though, but thats not an issue i''m overly interested in..,

Dizzy Wizzy, still waiting for your justification sunshine.
[/quote]

Of what Polo?.

Walk down the street, even in Loewestoft, and its anti Roeder feelings here too over this, likewise with the Offy message boards, PU, carrowroad.net, city mad etc etc, so don''t you dare attempt to single me out as the only anti roeder poster!.

Compared to some I''m a bloody pussy cat!.

All through my 50+ years of active support, home and away, and season ticket holder to boot, the shower who infest and run my club, and a few managers as well, have pulled some stunts, but this is a new low, even for them..............there''s my justification!.

I''ll leave you with Hucks own words:

"That''s the disappointing thing. The fans probably though I was trying it on to get a better deal or something but I''ve never spoke to anyone. It wasn''t about money. I''ve been very well paid while I''ve been here. On and off the pitch I''ve done a lot for the club but it''s not the be all and end all. I''ve still got the rest of my life. It would''ve been nice to get that option but, as I said you don''t always get what you want."

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, what is important thats my point about the opinion in pubs and clubs in the city, where on this board people keep harping on about his release for and against especially the Percy''s, because they cant defend the indefensible, the man should have got an even better send off then Dublin, all week it was Dion, what does Hux get, backdoor with a few fringe players, how anybody can defend that is beyond me.[/quote] To be honest I couldn''t give a flying .... about the pubs and clubs in the city, I have tried to have a debate with you about this but you are insistent that this is where the general opinion comes from. IT DOESN''T, you may get the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or the ridiculous Snakepit, but the general consensus as you can see from this board is that the RIGHT decision was made. He hasn''t exactly seen the backdoor with a few fringe players and not been noticed, the official site has a huge interview with him. Get over your Norwich-centric attitude, and see the wider picture, because (and I know this will alienate me from the board, because I am making a huge generalisation here) I don''t care about the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or Snakepit because from what I see game after game they are the most fickle and unimaginative fans around.[/quote]

So mouth you agree the way Hux has been treated then, forget release, his treatment, if you do you are way out of touch with most of the fans i know young and old, thats my point, how many city fans in Plymouth for example, it was not to belittle our fans from away its how can you guage reaction from a board like this, when smart axses from both sides post to be clever or for one upmanship.

So dizzy wizzy your justification for wanting the team to fail, thus be relegated next season is the fact you''ve been a supporter for 50 years season tickets blah blah blah and the fact Roeder released Huckerby was the reason you want him to get us relegated?thats your justification?

i don''t know why i''m suprised but i was expecting a half decent argument rather than the usual "I''m a loyal fan, spent lots and lots, sung songs, been to games, met delia - she nice, met donny - hes a fool blah blah blah blah blah"

pathetic dizzy, pathetic.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, what is important thats my point about the opinion in pubs and clubs in the city, where on this board people keep harping on about his release for and against especially the Percy''s, because they cant defend the indefensible, the man should have got an even better send off then Dublin, all week it was Dion, what does Hux get, backdoor with a few fringe players, how anybody can defend that is beyond me.[/quote] To be honest I couldn''t give a flying .... about the pubs and clubs in the city, I have tried to have a debate with you about this but you are insistent that this is where the general opinion comes from. IT DOESN''T, you may get the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or the ridiculous Snakepit, but the general consensus as you can see from this board is that the RIGHT decision was made. He hasn''t exactly seen the backdoor with a few fringe players and not been noticed, the official site has a huge interview with him. Get over your Norwich-centric attitude, and see the wider picture, because (and I know this will alienate me from the board, because I am making a huge generalisation here) I don''t care about the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or Snakepit because from what I see game after game they are the most fickle and unimaginative fans around.[/quote]

So mouth you agree the way Hux has been treated then, forget release, his treatment, if you do you are way out of touch with most of the fans i know young and old, thats my point, how many city fans in Plymouth for example, it was not to belittle our fans from away its how can you guage reaction from a board like this, when smart axses from both sides post to be clever or for one upmanship.

[/quote]

But you can realise the basic reaction from some of the more isolated threads.

[quote user="Polar"]So dizzy wizzy your justification for wanting the team to fail, thus be relegated next season is the fact you''ve been a supporter for 50 years season tickets blah blah blah and the fact Roeder released Huckerby was the reason you want him to get us relegated?

thats your justification?

i don''t know why i''m suprised but i was expecting a half decent argument rather than the usual "I''m a loyal fan, spent lots and lots, sung songs, been to games, met delia - she nice, met donny - hes a fool blah blah blah blah blah"

[/quote]

you still dont get it, do you.

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

But you can realise the basic reaction from some of the more isolated threads.
[/quote]

so in your humble opinion what is the basic reaction.

one of outrage and dissent.Everyone is appalled at Hucks treatment and the majority want him to stay, theres also a number who would like roeder to resign today and have hucks signed up as manager.that last bit was an exaggeration but thats the general perception i''m getting.

[quote user="City Devil"]I don''t care how long he has been manager at the club, I don''t care if people think he should be given next season to show us what he can do. He has shown me what he can do and what type of person he is and is definitely somebody that shouldn''t be associated with the club - and let''s face it.... he is utter rubbish!!

I am so furious about the treatment of Huckerby - clearly there where personal reasons involved and if it was just down to footballing reasons then why haven''t several other first team players been released??

When I first found out that Roeder was taking over as manager I was somewhat concerned as he had always been a manager that I never really credited and the fact he was listed in the top 10 of worst managers pretty much backed this up. However, it seemed at first that he may have found a club that he worked well with and perhaps he was just what we needed. But it didn''t take long for things to change. The results stopped coming and the belief faded.

If he cared about the club, the team and especially the fans he would never have made the decision to release Huckerby especially in the way that he did.

I want him out now before he does anymore damage!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Hi Hucks. Welcome to the pinkun forum.

[quote user="Polar"]So dizzy wizzy your justification for wanting the team to fail, thus be relegated next season is the fact you''ve been a supporter for 50 years season tickets blah blah blah and the fact Roeder released Huckerby was the reason you want him to get us relegated?

thats your justification?

[/quote]

Err?

Polo, where did I say I want the team relegated? go on, show me.

Yes, I want roeder to fail, sacked? certainly, and City could still survive that, after all we survived Grant didn''t we?.

And who''s to say a better, less tinkering/spiteful manager than ratty might have got us into the playoffs, after all, Warnock has!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I totally agree with the sentiments of this thread, and Rodent crossed a line with me yesterday. This hopefully, will blow up in his face big time.

And all those no marks having a cheap pop at the orignator of this thread will soon be back on here attacking ratty when it all goes tits up early next season..................and believe me, it will!.

[/quote]

That to me dizzy says, i want to see roeder fail, from the position we are now in the only way for him to fail is through relegation dizzy.yes yes ok i know: "polo (original btw) you have taken my words out of context*insert sounds of whining and groaning here*" yes dizzy i have, but you knew perfectly well what you were saying and what you were implying so don''t try and deny thats what you want.

[quote user="Polar"]one of outrage and dissent.

Everyone is appalled at Hucks treatment and the majority want him to stay, theres also a number who would like roeder to resign today and have hucks signed up as manager.

that last bit was an exaggeration but thats the general perception i''m getting.
[/quote]

And thats all i have said from the get go, so we actually agree, do we not, its n the main newsboards in the city tonight also, fans pxssed off basically.

Yes....

so now you concede i have been able to guage opinion based on a messageboard?which i believe your original point revolved around?

As a Canaries World subscriber, I was able to watch the Hucks interview in full this afternoon, likwise, I visited many City message boards and I have talked to fellow fans about this thorny subject.

So taking the above into account, I retract nothing, my concience is clear and I feel my words are from my heart and are true of how I and many others feel tonight.

I have a right to defend my opinion...........and have.

I will now close the book today on the end of this chapter...................perhaps the next one will be better tomorrow.[:|]

[quote user="Polar"]Yes....

so now you concede i have been able to guage opinion based on a messageboard?

which i believe your original point revolved around?
[/quote]

your case is proven.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

As a Canaries World subscriber, I was able to watch the Hucks interview in full this afternoon, likwise, I visited many City message boards and I have talked to fellow fans about this thorny subject.

So taking the above into account, I retract nothing, my concience is clear and I feel my words are from my heart and are true of how I and many others feel tonight.

I have a right to defend my opinion...........and have.

I will now close the book today on the end of this chapter...................perhaps the next one will be better tomorrow.[:|]

[/quote]I''ve just seen the interview as well and i''m in the keep huckerby camp but still in the roeder in camp.I still believe though that your words imply you''d like to see us relegated to spite roeder and say i told you so to us lot.But i''ll leave it at that, if you leave it at that and lets turn attention to the othr 6 billion huckerby gone threads.

[quote user="Polar"]Yes....

so now you concede i have been able to guage opinion based on a messageboard?which i believe your original point revolved around?[/quote]

your case is proven.

[/quote]Thank you.

[/quote]

I don''t agree for gods sake, but we have to deal with it, what''s done is done, he''s gone and will never come back, so we must move on.

I don''t understand why you think living in Norwich gives you any sort of better opinion than me though, I know plenty of fans who think the same as me, and not just through the message board, it''s not like I''m on the other side of the world, I''m 30 miles down the A140

its seems on the main point we are all agreed so what is all the bitching about, Hux was treated shabbily we all agree, so why are some still trying to defend the club, they got this one wrong, bottom line.

[quote user="ricky knight"]its seems on the main point we are all agreed so what is all the bitching about, Hux was treated shabbily we all agree, so why are some still trying to defend the club, they got this one wrong, bottom line.[/quote]

Ricky the argument stems from the title of this thread ''Roeder Out.''

[quote user="ricky knight"]its seems on the main point we are all agreed so what is all the bitching about, Hux was treated shabbily we all agree, so why are some still trying to defend the club, they got this one wrong, bottom line.[/quote]Im with you Ricky (for once! lol). I believe the club has screwed up Hucks'' departure in an unprecedented way, whether or not this is down to Roeder or the club, i couldn''t say as i am not privy to info making me believe either way.I do not agree with his lack of a send off - i don''t think anyone is happy about the way it has been handled - but the man himself said words to the effect of "it would have been nice to say goodbye, but hey, that''s football". He has also said he finds GR "honest and genuine" and he likes the manager, there were no personal issues. Those sentiments are phallousy distributed through messageboards.That is what i struggle to comprehend, why people are trying to insist there was some sort of enmity or that GR didn''t give us a chance to say bye for his own malicious reasons and that he gets some sort of satisfaction from winding the fans up. Yes the reasons may not be blindingly obvious, and i for one am not going to put forth any purely because it would be wildly speculative, but im sure Glenn had his reasons.Roeder''s objective is to succeed with us. Whether he will or not, we don''t know, but i am keeping my powder dry and fencing this one out til next season when we see what sort of a squad he has assembled and how well he has gelled them. I think some fans would do well to remember that football is results driven, and GR will be judged ultimately on the results he achieves, not whether he told us Hucks was leaving when he should have done.

I agree with the anti GR and to a certain extent the board for the shabby treatment of Hucks, I agree that we should have done this before. But asking for GR to fail, which if he fails then we as NCFC fails, is shocking. I want GR to do well not for himself, not for the players but for the club and fans. If he has a good good summer of buying and we have a flying start, which continues, will the people be salluting him for his effort? I bet people will including certain people who change their mind more times than their underwear. I do believe, that he needs a full season to sumount a decent challenge, I''m not saying that GR is immune to blame, but this post is about GR out, which is stupid......

Look at Leicester, they got relegated because of too many changes in managers. We keep changing, we will end up like them, they had a chairman who bankrolled them to the tune of 25 million, including a fair amount on players, has not done them good has it?

[quote user="king canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]its seems on the main point we are all agreed so what is all the bitching about, Hux was treated shabbily we all agree, so why are some still trying to defend the club, they got this one wrong, bottom line.[/quote]

Ricky the argument stems from the title of this thread ''Roeder Out.''

[/quote]

yes maybe an over reaction but so is people trying to defend the situation.

But is anybody defending it? Most people are saying that Hucks deserved a better send off, some are saying they understand why he was let go (which incidently is where I stand) but almost all reckon he should have been treated better.

I wanted Hucks out of the team in the middle of the season.  He is past it and can only turn it on for very short periods of time.  If it wasn''t for the ref''s myopic decision on Sunday, Hucks would have cost us the match anyway with his lack of support for Bertrand - this is the real reason he has been released.

He has been treated pretty badly at the end of the season.  But as another person above mentioned no worse than other "City Legends" were treated at the end of their careers.  I don''t remember similar venom being aimed at the then incumbent manager, but there again we didn''t have message boards then and as it wasn''t a recession, most people were probably down a Restuarant in Norwich having a nice steak and a bottle of chianti enjoying life and looking to the future, rather than being down the pub looking for another scapegoat to express their unhappiness upon (that is said purely tongue in cheek guys before you start!!!

By the way - the Sheffield Star thinks Sheffield United will try and pick him up despite his contention that he won''t play for another Championship club.  What if he actually did transfer to another club, would that be laid at Roeder''s door and would you support Hucks decision as vindication for his treatment by the Board - or would you label him a spin doctor on the same level as Munby / Doomcaster?  Purely hypothetical but I want to push the envelope on this vitriolic thread!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="City Devil"][quote user="Wings"]

Frankly, City Devil, I wonder whether you are an NCFC fan or a Darren Huckerby fan. I agree he deserved another season or, at worst, a decent send off. And I''m as disappointed he didn''t get it as any. But it can''t be denied that this team is in need of a decent overhaul and I''m sure this isn''t the last first team player to leave.

[/quote]

You are clearly missing the point!
[/quote]

If the point is regarding the best interests of NCFC then I am afraid you are missing the point.

[/quote]

Spot on Yellow Rages, everyone supporting Norwich City should be fully behind Roeder and although have disappointment about the way Huckerby didn''t get a proper send off, at least realise that correct decision has probably been made for both parties. Nobody''s questioning what a massive part Darren Huckerby played in a great period for the club but no player wants to be picked in a team for past glories, and I believe playing Hucks long term would have been doing just this.

I don''t want Roeder to fail. I just don''t want Roeder to be given the chance to fail and going by past performance the chances are likely. I really don''t think he is good enough for NCFC and his treatment of Hucks only adds to this!!

ROEDER OUT!!!