Sign in to follow this  
City Devil

ROEDER OUT!!!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]let me tell you there is alot of angry people around the city, everyday fans, in shops, clubs, and pubs last night were really pxssed off with Roeder and the board, he better make a good start next year, for now i stick by him just but my patience is wearing very thin.[/quote]

Indeed. A poor start next season and I doubt he will last very long. I doubt he will be as thick-skinned as Worthy was in the face of criticism.

I think we will do well based on the performance since Glenn took over, combined with the terrible standard of the squad we had. However there will be no doubts that come august it will be Glenns squad, so he will have no excuses.

Yer he only helped save us from relegation and is looking good for us

Just because he''s letting Huckerby go doesn''t mean he''s a awful manager. He''s got good potential to do good for us.

Stupid comment, absolutely rash

[quote user="Macca"]

I don''t often feel the need to post here..

But jesus, what a bunch of petulant kids.

Hucks going however difficult for the fans to take, is a decision, I think, will be vindicated next season. We''ll get 2 young hungry players for the price of one fading gem.

See the big picture, the club doesn''t owe Huckerby anything, there are plenty of pro''s out their like him. I happen to know that his Hip problem won''t just disappear, he''ll be managing with it for the rest of his career.

Roeder will make good & bad decisions, everyone does.

But for christ sake, the guys not even had a summer transfer window to sort us out, just the over-inflated Jan window, where he''s probably saved a substantial amount of cash for the summer, think back to the candidates that actually wanted this job.. I wouldn''t swap glenn for any off them, most are still out of work!!!

[/quote]Spot on. Roeder has put himself up above the parapet. Next season''s team will be his, and he will stand or fall on the team''s results, exactly as it should be. After the job he''s done this season, I wish him all the best.

He only just saved us from relegation!!! Christ.the way some of you talk you would think he won us the Prem!!!!

Look at how much better other managers have done this season....QPR?????????? PRESTON??????????? PALACE!!!!!!!!!

All were in as much shit as us and came away with much better results!!!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Polar"]

Decide if you support the club Wiz, if you do SUPPORT it, if not sod off![/quote]

Oh I support the club Polar...........I just don''t swallow the spin and bury my head in the sand like you and the other easily fooled do.

Just as we needed a wake up over Grant, we do again now with ratty, good medicine tastes nasty pal................now, with respect, unlike Darren got from this club................

You can sod off!.

[/quote]you have a weird way of showing it sparky, it must be bad for you to be so dillusional. Do you honestly think the board sit around trying think of ways to screw the fans out of money all the time? they''re not idiots, they know if they don''t invest we will go down, no two ways about it. Your perception of Spin is completly false, where was the Spin over Huckerby going my fickle little friend? None at all, no one coming out with "hucks wages will be pumped into the transfer fund" blah blah blah. NO SPIN this time. So, for all the Wiz lovers, the three of them... stop swallowing this bitter old mans spin.You know what if we ''woke up'' everytime you told us we had to we would be having a manager of the month award solely for Norwich city!Your turn to sod off buddy, theres a nice witch waiting for you.[/quote]

You are supporting a fool, who thinks its okay to deny the fans and Hucks saying a proper goodbye to each other. Ratty said two weeks ago he knew who he was letting go, so why not let fans know this at the Sheffield?

I''ll tell you why sonny, Ratty can''t handle big name players...........just ask Wet Spam fans.

And if you think its okay to treat true City legends like this, then I''m doubtful you''re a real fan anyway.

[/quote]You can''t see your hand in front of your face with a telescope can you?"You are supporting a fool, who thinks its okay to deny the fans and Hucks saying a proper goodbye to each other."Actually as it happens i''m supporting the Norwich City Manager who i believe has made a very brave descision and put his head on the block for it, i believe we should wait and see what happens in the coming monthes before we jump on his back and try to force him out. Ratty said two weeks ago he knew who he was letting go, so why not let fans know this at the Sheffield?Do put the pointy hat in gear wizzy, why would he not tell us before sheffield? probably because he mentioned he wanted to win the last game, i know he didn''t thats beside the point, but he wanted to try and win to do justice to those in the relegation battle. Telling us Huckerby was off would just make everyone complacent, it wouldn''t be a relegation fight where club was on the line, but a goodbye Huckerby show, naturally we all want to say thanks and goodbye but i think Roeders done a good job and being fair to the team by telling the nine players who are off the same thing at the same time. It was all about being professional and sentiment can''t get in the way off that sometimes.I''ll tell you why sonny, Ratty can''t handle big name players...........just ask Wet Spam fans.I''d imagine it would be very difficult to manage big name players when he was sitting in a hospital bed with a brain tumour, who could criticise someone for being unable to manage because they have a tumour? only someone very sick in the head themselves!And if you think its okay to treat true City legends like this, then I''m doubtful you''re a real fan anyway.No, i don''t think its right but i UNDERSTAND the reasons for this eventuality, i can see WHY Glenn didn''t tell is sooner. And not being a real fan wiz?Who complains constantly about the club?  You do.Who tries to see optimism in the way things are going? I Do.Who actually wants the team to FAIL? You do.Who lives 400miles from Norwich and still supports the team? I do.Who lives in Lowestoft and hardly supports the team? You do.i don''t want to get into a childish ''whose the better fan'' argument but if you''re silly enough to resort to that by all means carry on.So, dizzy wizzy, i''ve justified myself, now do me the same courtesy:HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU WANT NORWICH TO FAIL NEXT SEASON WHEN YOU''RE SUPPOSE TO BE A FAN!?!?!?!

Polar you live miles away so you cant guage opinion, let me tell you the majority fans who live in the city are very angry with Roeder and the way Hux has been treated and he has definately made a rod for his own back for next season. Its not quite Roeder out yet but he better make some good signings and make a good start.

Why can''t i guage opinion Ricky?i can see well enough how annoyed people are on this board and naturally that would spread to the city.So... why dose distance have the effect on my ability to guage opinion?

this board is a small minority of city fans, i was in the city last night and i could not find many Roeder backers, yet on this board their are quite a few, so which in your opinion is the true story.

Were you out looking for Roeder backers?the thing about a messageboard is its free opinion, you won''t find many people who will stand in a group of roeder haters and say: actually i quite like the guy and think the choice ws the right one. For obvious reasons, sooo... this messageboard is a more relaistic reflection of the true story if you take that into consideration.

Its called debate over a pint mate, perhaps they dont do that in union street, there were a couple of Roeder backers obviously but an overwhelming majority against. Maybe it splits between the city dwellers and the outside city people just interesting thats all, no biggy to get yourself all hot a bothered about.

Ricky, i''m not getting hot and bothered over it i''m just defending my opinion. You will always find people who agree and disagree though, but thats not an issue i''m overly interested in..,

Dizzy Wizzy, still waiting for your justification sunshine.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its called debate over a pint mate, perhaps they dont do that in union street, there were a couple of Roeder backers obviously but an overwhelming majority against. Maybe it splits between the city dwellers and the outside city people just interesting thats all, no biggy to get yourself all hot a bothered about.[/quote]Again, though, everyone is being so divisive – as with the whole ''WO'' and ''KTF'' scenario of yesteryear, it''s not as simple as being a ''Roeder backer'' or not. I back Roeder to a point, I think he could do really well for us and I trust him to get a better squad together for next season, but I strongly disagree with the way he has handled the Huckerby situation. I''m prepared to hold fire and see what happens over the summer, even though I''m gutted about Hucks, and I''m sure a lot of other fans feel the same. Why do we always have to be on one side or the other of a line in the sand? Everyone is so reactionary!

So Huckerby''s being released - so what?  He''s not been the force he was, he''s clearly not going to suddenly improve next season, so what on earth are all these people bleating on about?   We want City to be a force to be reckoned with, not a holiday camp for players to do what they want because they played a fantastic part in the history of the club a few years ago.Sorry folks but you''ve got to be cold hearted about this - Hucks is no longer the future, Roeder is.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]So Huckerby''s being released - so what?  He''s not been the force he was, he''s clearly not going to suddenly improve next season, so what on earth are all these people bleating on about?   We want City to be a force to be reckoned with, not a holiday camp for players to do what they want because they played a fantastic part in the history of the club a few years ago.Sorry folks but you''ve got to be cold hearted about this - Hucks is no longer the future, Roeder is.[/quote]your sig is annoyingly correct O.0

[quote user="City Devil"]I don''t care how long he has been manager at the club, I don''t care if people think he should be given next season to show us what he can do. He has shown me what he can do and what type of person he is and is definitely somebody that shouldn''t be associated with the club - and let''s face it.... he is utter rubbish!!

I am so furious about the treatment of Huckerby - clearly there where personal reasons involved and if it was just down to footballing reasons then why haven''t several other first team players been released??

When I first found out that Roeder was taking over as manager I was somewhat concerned as he had always been a manager that I never really credited and the fact he was listed in the top 10 of worst managers pretty much backed this up. However, it seemed at first that he may have found a club that he worked well with and perhaps he was just what we needed. But it didn''t take long for things to change. The results stopped coming and the belief faded.

If he cared about the club, the team and especially the fans he would never have made the decision to release Huckerby especially in the way that he did.

I want him out now before he does anymore damage!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] Afraid there is no hope of him going for awhile yet. The nature of the man does give cause for concern in the long term. I too fear he will inflict untold damage on the club.Wonder if Neil Adams will keep his coaching role at the club?

I would just like to know when the massive cull is coming ,Roeder said he was getting rid of the losers at this club , now after shouting your mouth off lets see some action starting with 32 year old waste of space Jamie Cureton .

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its called debate over a pint mate, perhaps they dont do that in union street, there were a couple of Roeder backers obviously but an overwhelming majority against. Maybe it splits between the city dwellers and the outside city people just interesting thats all, no biggy to get yourself all hot a bothered about.[/quote]

This is the attitude that will never see us reach any sort of heady heights, the club was a virus that will never go because the ''city folk'' have an attitude of some backwater place.

My father is from Norwich, and I live in Stowmarket now, while at the moment I am away at University in Leicester. The Huckerby decision is bold it must be said, but for too long now our team has been based around this one man, Roeder is removing this situation and rightly so. Huckerby has been a great servant to the Club without a doubt, but everyone has a time to move on and Roeder decided that the time is now. Huckerby is a legend yes, but GET OVER IT.

I am not going to judge Roeder until the middle of next season, he did the job he was asked to do this season, save us from relegation, and whatever people say that was his job, not to take us any further. It is what he does now and over the next few months that will define his premiership.

Showing blind faith in a player is the reason Worthington and Grant both got the sack, so the fans who are displaying the same attitude (and probably complained that Worthington and Grant were doing it) are hypocrites of the highest order.

I have a season ticket, I have just as valid an opinion as you Ricky, and I am sure that not everyone you talk to has a season ticket or sees any games. It is an endemic that this club will never get over because we seem to have some of the most fickle fans around, the Canary Call lot typify the opinion you have. So don''t deny people an opinion, and don''t get swayed by opinion in a pub. Surely the people who see every game have just as much right to opinion as you, so OPEN YOUR EYES and realise that getting rid of Huckerby is not the death nail you persue.

Judge Roeder in December, not on a decision of a player who although served us well, can not be bigger than the team.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]

I would just like to know when the massive cull is coming ,Roeder said he was getting rid of the losers at this club , now after shouting your mouth off lets see some action starting with 32 year old waste of space Jamie Cureton .

[/quote]The clearout is probably over now. It was Hucks and players who never got near to playing for 1st team this year. Neil Adams will probably be the only other one.

See being in stowmarket you are missing the reason for the anger, its not that Hux has been released, its the way its been done, if you defend the club at all costs posters would read the post probably you would realise that, now thats the 100th time thats been pointed out, so all you percys''s think that Hux did not deserve a send off, please answer that question, not the right or wrongs of whether he should have been released or not. I also said earlier i will judge Roeder on his signings and league position at xmas.

No, we believe he deserved a send off, definetly - no question about that!but this thread title is ROEDER OUT!!!!!! That i don''t believe is the case at all, and hopefully not for awhile if all goes well.

How does living in Stowmarket affect it. Fans dont just live in Norwich Ricky its a large catchement. I''m currently living in Norwich but am from southwold where there are a good few city fans living there, there opinions are just as valid and important in gageing the mood.

[quote user="ricky knight"]See being in stowmarket you are missing the reason for the anger, its not that Hux has been released, its the way its been done, if you defend the club at all costs posters would read the post probably you would realise that, now thats the 100th time thats been pointed out, so all you percys''s think that Hux did not deserve a send off, please answer that question, not the right or wrongs of whether he should have been released or not. I also said earlier i will judge Roeder on his signings and league position at xmas.[/quote]

Just because you live closer to the ground than me does not have a bearing on how I can gauge opinion, or have an opinion myself. Not everyone in Norwich is a Norwich fan you know. Does not living in Norwich mean I don''t see the same news as you, you know exactly as much as I do, no more no less, living in Norwich gives you no more right to an opinion to me, and it most certainly does not let you ascertain more information.

I''m not defending the club at all costs, I am defending Roeder''s policy because I believe he is being slated for no real reason. Yes Huckerby should have been given the chance for a send off, but he didn''t, so we should all just get over it and MOVE ON

then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, what is important thats my point about the opinion in pubs and clubs in the city, where on this board people keep harping on about his release for and against especially the Percy''s, because they cant defend the indefensible, the man should have got an even better send off then Dublin, all week it was Dion, what does Hux get, backdoor with a few fringe players, how anybody can defend that is beyond me.

[quote user="ricky knight"]then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, [/quote]

Ricky.. what have all these Norwich players got in Common.. Darren Huckerby, Craig Fleming, Malky Mackay, Bryan Gunn, Ian Culverhouse, John Polston, Mark Bowen, Chris sutton, Robert Fleck, Darren Eadie, Robert Green, Rob Earnshaw, Jon Newsome, Kevin Reeves... countless others all got in common?

they were all "moved on" without the fans being told first of all... so whats your point? why is it so Terrbil the way it was done with Hucks but not the way it was done with these other players?

jas :)

[quote user="ricky knight"]then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, what is important thats my point about the opinion in pubs and clubs in the city, where on this board people keep harping on about his release for and against especially the Percy''s, because they cant defend the indefensible, the man should have got an even better send off then Dublin, all week it was Dion, what does Hux get, backdoor with a few fringe players, how anybody can defend that is beyond me.[/quote]

Yes, but again, this is the "ROEDER OUT" thread. Ignoring everything else for a minute, are you seriously suggesting that we should sack the manager based on the fact that he didn''t let the fans give one player a send off? Wouldn''t that look a tad silly and embarrasing to the world outside Norwich?

Eh? What has being a ''percy'' got to do with anything? I believe Hucks deserved a better send off but what people on here are disagreeing with is the ''Roeder Out'' sentiments. Its a shame things have worked out the way it did, and I dont think you will find anybody saying that Hux got the send off he deserved. But not wanting Roeder sacked is not ''defending the indefenceable.''

[quote user="ricky knight"]then why is it people keep thinking its about Hux''s release, ITS NOT, ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE, what is important thats my point about the opinion in pubs and clubs in the city, where on this board people keep harping on about his release for and against especially the Percy''s, because they cant defend the indefensible, the man should have got an even better send off then Dublin, all week it was Dion, what does Hux get, backdoor with a few fringe players, how anybody can defend that is beyond me.[/quote]

To be honest I couldn''t give a flying .... about the pubs and clubs in the city, I have tried to have a debate with you about this but you are insistent that this is where the general opinion comes from. IT DOESN''T, you may get the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or the ridiculous Snakepit, but the general consensus as you can see from this board is that the RIGHT decision was made. He hasn''t exactly seen the backdoor with a few fringe players and not been noticed, the official site has a huge interview with him.

Get over your Norwich-centric attitude, and see the wider picture, because (and I know this will alienate me from the board, because I am making a huge generalisation here) I don''t care about the opinion of the fan from the Barclay or Snakepit because from what I see game after game they are the most fickle and unimaginative fans around.

[quote user="inch_high"]Maybe we should trawl the leagues for tired old starting to fade well known players if you think they are the answer to our teams problems.[/quote]But thats what we will be doing anyway - were broke, there is no money.