Sign in to follow this  
p.n.e.4life

Hi Guys

i dont normally like posting on other rivals message boards but i feel very strongly about this.

what a strange game football is.early january chris brown played his first game for preston with norwich heading for the play offs and his new team facing relegation.. 3 months later, how things have turned. brown becoming a player of the season contender with preston safe and his old club facing relegation in the face. thank you for giving us our saviour. good luck for saturday.

[quote user="p.n.e.4life"]

i dont normally like posting on other rivals message boards but i feel very strongly about this.

what a strange game football is.early january chris brown played his first game for preston with norwich heading for the play offs and his new team facing relegation.. 3 months later, how things have turned. brown becoming a player of the season contender with preston safe and his old club facing relegation in the face. thank you for giving us our saviour. good luck for saturday.

[/quote]

Hey no worries you can have your saviour, thanks for taking the striker that couldnt score in the league for us.

[/quote]

Also, we were no where near the play offs when you signed Chris Brown.

i honestly cant see how the guy can be labelled as a donkey!! if you get a chance to see the portsmouth game on sky, or his goals at charlton. id fancy them to change your opinions. or is that too much to ask these days.

We''ve recently had an argument on here as to whether or not we are staring relegation in the face. Apparently we''re not so that''s all right then.

I guess technically the guys who do the Pamplona Bull run aren''t staring death or serious injury in the face either since the bulls horns are a few inches from their backsides,which makes it all a matter of perspective.

FYI I actually appreciated CB''s hard work and good positioning but always felt frustrated that he was working with the wrong partners.

Sorry you got such a load of nonsense from some other posters. Brown did not get much of a chance here as often playing out of position or having to come very deep to get the ball-not much good for a striker! Pleased for him and PNE that he is doing well and that you are no longer a relegation candidate-what a difference a decent manager can make. Thanks for the good luck-we certainly need it in what has been a terrible season. The reality is that we are a very poor side and deserve to be where we are. All the very best and thanks for a good post 

[quote user="p.n.e.4life"]i honestly cant see how the guy can be labelled as a donkey!! if you get a chance to see the portsmouth game on sky, or his goals at charlton. id fancy them to change your opinions. or is that too much to ask these days.[/quote]

If we drew your attention to his entire time with us you''d wonder how the hell hes scored for you in the first place.

Admittedly most of his time with us was under a clueless manager, but this was the same manage who (A) brought him to us and (B) played him in nearly every game he was available for, despite the fact he couldn''t hit a milk-yielding farm animals rear end with a popular 4-stringed instrument.

So we can''t even be accused of not playing him enough.

I am welcome to read other fans opinions, but your few posts on here sound as if you are Chris Brown''s mother, trying to convince the bullies. Chris Brown and Norwich do not go together. I think £400,000 is good business for him, I think he would have continued to be average for us. Yes he may be doing well for you but different players suit different clubs. You make out as if he has worked miracles for you and we have really missed him. I''m afraid this is not the case, we''d still be in 18th with or without him.

Thanks for the £400,000.

to be honest when we signed him i was very dubious about his ability. i know a good player from a bad player and i cant fault his game. i saw him play on sky for you lot and he didnt look the same player. so maybe a change of scenery and a new manager has helped. or maybe just the northern air

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Sorry you got such a load of nonsense from some other posters. Brown did not get much of a chance here as often playing out of position or having to come very deep to get the ball-not much good for a striker! Pleased for him and PNE that he is doing well and that you are no longer a relegation candidate-what a difference a decent manager can make. Thanks for the good luck-we certainly need it in what has been a terrible season. The reality is that we are a very poor side and deserve to be where we are. All the very best and thanks for a good post [/quote]

Rubbish man!

How many games did he start up front? Lets not forget him getting sent off in his 2nd game for hand ball and standing there against Blackpool allowing them to score a free header in the FA cup.

Brown was useless.... Preston will of turned on him in 12 months time when he fails to hit the net next season

jas :)

A decent player but didn''t fit in with the managers plans. I think we should have perservered with him but sometimes a move is good for both party''s.

1 goal since january.  Thats about as good as it will get for him.   If you''re happy with a striker who will get you 1 goal every 4 months then good luck to you.

Strikers need to score goals, simple as. He couldn''t do it for us. His work rate, touch etc were all good enough; but if he cant hit the back of the net he''s no use! Good luck to him however.

iv said this before

for playoff/promotion push - he is not good enough, this is what norwich thought they would be in this season and maybe even in early january

for relegation battling team - he is good enough, norwich obviosuly didnt expect to be where they are

saying this norwich have two better starters currently in evans and cureton and brown has hardly set the league alight in beeing prolific scorer

i believe both teams are happy with the deal, so no point in pne fan trying to wind up norwich fans, or norwich fans slagging of brown

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Sorry you got such a load of nonsense from some other posters. Brown did not get much of a chance here as often playing out of position or having to come very deep to get the ball-not much good for a striker! Pleased for him and PNE that he is doing well and that you are no longer a relegation candidate-what a difference a decent manager can make. Thanks for the good luck-we certainly need it in what has been a terrible season. The reality is that we are a very poor side and deserve to be where we are. All the very best and thanks for a good post [/quote]

Rubbish man!

How many games did he start up front? Lets not forget him getting sent off in his 2nd game for hand ball and standing there against Blackpool allowing them to score a free header in the FA cup.

Brown was useless.... Preston will of turned on him in 12 months time when he fails to hit the net next season

jas :)

[/quote]

Sorry Jas, but if you don''t mind me asking, exactly who else scored our goals in the period that Chris Brown played "up front" (right wing) for Norwich? As I recall, the answer is nobody did. So why is Brown singled out for lack of goals?

And he left a player UNMARKED???? OH MY GOD!!!!! Because absolutely none of our current (or past players) for that matter have EVER done that have they? Mistakes will not be tolerated at Norwich City.

Depending on whether we like you or not, of course.

Well said Mook. With Cureton, Dublin and Evans hardly banging them in left right and centre maybe it wasn''t so much Brown but the service he got. I thought his hold up play was as good as Iwan''s, but it obviously didn''t work for him here so selling for a profit was a good piece of business.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Awful for us, couldn''t hit a barn door.  With 4 goals in 17 games for Preston he really is banging them in now, wow, they are all of 3 points above us...[/quote]

HE (alone) was not awful for us CJF. The whole team was awful. Russell, Fotheringham (although mostly injured), Brellier, Cureton, Otsemobor, Dublin, Huckerby and the rest. All bloody awful. We barely created any chances. I don''t think it''s possible to say that Chris Brown couldn''t hit a barn door because I don''t really remembering him having a bona fide shot, from a good chance.

I also don''t believe that he will ever be prolific. However, with a retiring Dion and a dearth of "big men with bravery and good touch" in modern football, I think letting him go was a mistake as he would have been an excellent squad/impact from the bench player.

[/quote]

Thanks for updating us on Chris. To be fair to him, he worked hard, held the ball up well, had a great attitude but just couldn''t score for us.

I for one am pleased that he''s doing well.

For what ever reason it didn''t work out for him here. I thought it wasn''t a brilliant idea to let him go when we are so short on numbers. Its true he''s not a 20 a season striker but he offered height and battling qualities that some of our strikers don''t have. He had a decent touch and could bring others into play but it didn''t work out.

[quote user="cityangel"] 

Thanks for updating us on Chris. To be fair to him, he worked hard, held the ball up well, had a great attitude but just couldn''t score for us.

I for one am pleased that he''s doing well.

[/quote]Almost exactly what I was about to post.

Think its just a case of Chris having so much time to practice hitting barn doors in Norfolk that when he moved to preston the whole shooting trick just clicked into place.

so seems no one slated my post am i right

he good enough for bottom 1/3 team but not top 2/3 team

good sum up i feel