Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

The Mods - Your Tributes!

Does this mean I can swear as much as I like from now on? [:''(]

This is such a shame, the site simply wont be the same without the mods. Are you going to be replaced with Rockers by any chance?

Won''t be the same without the mods!Cheers for everything!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Surely under the new rules, Smudger is now being picked on by several posters.....................or have I got it wrong as per usual?.

Code of Conduct:

1.   Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others,.

2. Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

[/quote]I think you have definitely got it wrong this time wiz. He''s come on here today mocking fans for buying tickets, called them ''''the woolly flock'''' and then taunted everyone with his famous ''''Baaa'''' So as I see it, posters are simply responding to his taunts and definitely not ''''picking on him''''.

[/quote]
Wiz, it''s almost as if you''re being purposefully awkward. You''ve been amongst others who have complained during the times where moderation has been slow and posts have taken ages to be accepted. Now you''re looking within the code of conduct, purposefully trying to find something wrong with it! As far as i see it, if Smudger behaves, the report button won''t be needed! [:)]
[/quote]

I assure you I''m not being awkward Hogesar, but new rules do confuse people, especially me mate!. Its the interpretation of them which can be difficult.

And its not just about Smudger though is it?  there are others, that are still being silly and delibrately arguementitive beggars on this thread today. Do I become a real pain and report it, or risk getting in trouble myself for reporting it?

Its now catch 22....................and I don''t think its been thought out properly!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Surely under the new rules, Smudger is now being picked on by several posters.....................or have I got it wrong as per usual?.

Code of Conduct:

1.   Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others,.

2. Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

[/quote]I think you have definitely got it wrong this time wiz. He''s come on here today mocking fans for buying tickets, called them ''''the woolly flock'''' and then taunted everyone with his famous ''''Baaa'''' So as I see it, posters are simply responding to his taunts and definitely not ''''picking on him''''.

[/quote]
Wiz, it''s almost as if you''re being purposefully awkward. You''ve been amongst others who have complained during the times where moderation has been slow and posts have taken ages to be accepted. Now you''re looking within the code of conduct, purposefully trying to find something wrong with it! As far as i see it, if Smudger behaves, the report button won''t be needed! [:)]
[/quote]

I assure you I''m not being awkward Hogesar, but new rules do confuse people, especially me mate!. Its the interpretation of them which can be difficult.

And its not just about Smudger though is it?  there are others, that are still being silly and delibrately arguementitive beggars on this thread today. Do I become a real pain and report it, or risk getting in trouble myself for reporting it?

Its now catch 22....................and I don''t think its been thought out properly!.

[/quote]

Tell you what, if someone says a slightly naughty word or calls you something alittle bit nasty, just ignore it. Never mind report buttons. Frankly if they took them away I wouldn''t care as I don''t touch the things.

Whats so confusing about the new rules? Infact, whats so "new" about them? Surely they''re the same rules we had this time yesterday? All thats changed is how quickly posts will appear.

Good move, and excellent timing with the NCFC Official site being such a pain recently.

I do hope that the serious discussions that sometimes take place on here will carry on and that it doesn''t get dominated by silliness.

As for the mods I appreciate your work over the years as it has made this site what it is thanks!

Thanks to you all for your work on here, is this all tied up with Gordon Brown`s deregulation initiative, if so it will be all change and you`ll be back in a couple of weeks! 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thanks to you all for your work on here, is this all tied up with Gordon Brown`s deregulation initiative, if so it will be all change and you`ll be back in a couple of weeks! [/quote]

Blimey that popped up a bit quick, I`d only just pressed the button and it was on!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thanks to you all for your work on here, is this all tied up with Gordon Brown`s deregulation initiative, if so it will be all change and you`ll be back in a couple of weeks! [/quote]

Blimey that popped up a bit quick, I`d only just pressed the button and it was on!

[/quote]

And again!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Has the novelty worn off yet [;)][/quote]

Yep, but it was good at the time! Number of posts dont seem to get updated though?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the board goes "un moderated" and Smudger appears.. coincidence?

jas :)

[/quote]

Was thinking that too. Shame.

It is weird that you can see your post straight away. I suppose it beats having to wait and clogging up my email.

But thanks Mods, you have been great in your fight against Rock music, oh sorry, wrong Mods. Cheers though. Time will tell if this carries on, but I think that we are all adults and have decent conversations, but we all know what can happen and I can be the same, but we will see.

Well, well - bit of a surprise to see this change when I popped in from work!

As others have said though - well done to the Mods for all their efforts in the past and good luck with whatever you respectively do in the future.

Yes indeed its a big thanks from me on behalf of the Pink Un Pickers , I know I have driven you crazy at times with my passion for the Free Bet but I feel you must share in the success the Free Bet has become . You have helped immensely with making this a sticky every week , however , now don''t take this as any form as criticism but could you you make it a sticky until the matches finish ? as I think the Saturday is the most important time for the Free Bet and who knows Pete we could see one week Bristol Rov grind out a  victory , sorry Pete You know I cant resist it . I know there are only three weeks left of the Free Bet but I was turning my thoughts towards next season and the meeting with Billy Dixon and Dixmar Racing to bring you the Free Bet but that''s all in the future and for now its a very big thanks .[:D] [Y] arrdee.

Now that you''ve stopped being Mods.....Can I have first refusal on your Who albums, motor scooters and Parka''s?

Thanks Mods.....Seems really strange......but I''m strange......so, I suppose it''s for the better.....for the strange......

How exciting!

thank you Mods for moderating all 2,900 of my posts and only deleting about 2!

you''ll be missed!, and gd luck Pat!

Cheers chaps, I didn''t come on here until lunchtime today and I was quite confused to see everyone talking about new rules. You''ve done a fine job over the time I''ve posted here and I wish you well for the future.Before I sign in every morning I shall be placing an elastic band around my wrist to ping everytime I get tempted to write fu.............AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!Nice to see Smudger back as well [|-)]

Superb! [Y]. Thanks mods for all the hard work you''ve put in to make this the best ncfc messageboard on the web. Are you guys going to be staying around and posting though. The match threads won''t ever be the same otherwise.

[quote user="Fellas"]Superb! [Y]. Thanks mods for all the hard work you''ve put in to make this the best ncfc messageboard on the web.

Are you guys going to be staying around and posting though. The match threads won''t ever be the same otherwise.
[/quote]

I shall indeed - part of my job. Doubt the others will, maybe Vince when he''s bored.

The official match thread will still be there, as will the sticky free bet thread.

thanks mods for all your efforts - mucho appreciated.am looking forward to seeing more spontaneous banter and debate amongst posters - and hopefully more friendly - after all - we all share a common interest - NCFC...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]thanks mods for all your efforts - mucho appreciated.

am looking forward to seeing more spontaneous banter and debate amongst posters - and hopefully more friendly - after all - we all share a common interest - NCFC...
[/quote]

Not we8wba, does that meen we can be nasty to him?

I haven''t been on here half as much recently and had no idea this was happening, but seriously and sincerely a big thanks.

I think I only got told off -lol, once, about my avatar.

So I gather you ex-mods will still come on here, does that mean you will be changing your usernames? 

Finally could someone please revive that old photo of the old web team that was posted quite a while back[:''(]. 

Thanks again guys

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We''re doing a bit of moving around - the web team of five will no longer exist.

Pete is becoming the web expert on the sport team for the EDP and Evening News (and Pink) and will continue to keep an eye on you!

Vince, Tracey and I are forming part of a new department which will still deal with the web, and Pat has sadly decided to take redundancy rather than take up the senior job he was offered.

Thanks to all of you - I''m missing messages already!

Celia

[/quote]

Celia, why is that sad? I bet Pat is having ball spending all that redundancy money down the pub. I''m going to hit the ''report'' button on your post.

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"][quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We''re doing a bit of moving around - the web team of five will no longer exist.

Pete is becoming the web expert on the sport team for the EDP and Evening News (and Pink) and will continue to keep an eye on you!

Vince, Tracey and I are forming part of a new department which will still deal with the web, and Pat has sadly decided to take redundancy rather than take up the senior job he was offered.

Thanks to all of you - I''m missing messages already!

Celia

[/quote]

Celia, why is that sad? I bet Pat is having ball spending all that redundancy money down the pub. I''m going to hit the ''report'' button on your post.

[/quote]

Maybe because she''s going to miss him.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Abuse will be dealt with swiftly Marty - every post has a ''report'' button in the bottom right corner should anyone feel another user has breached the code of conduct, and you can all contact me at peter.raven@archant.co.uk

Hope you all enjoy the new system - I''m looking forward to having my evenings free again!

[/quote]You''ll only spend them on the Pink ''Un message board...I can''t wait to press the Report button at 4.30 on Saturday afternoon - Pete will immediately have to rush out of the game to swiftly deal with things.[/quote]classic!!!can we say feck arse and tit?or will this get reported?

thanks web team especially helping me sort out problems signing back in, glad to be back!

DD, good to see you are still alive! Where have you been, missed your posts. Keep posting mate.

Gazza