Sign in to follow this  
Riki Rani

Routledge dilemma!!

OK, here goes;
Watching the play-off game last night, it seemed obvious to me that the guy Routledge had pace, power, control, crossing ability, dribbling and could hold the ball when there were no passes on. Not only that, but he did''nt resort to diving over weak tackles to con fouls and his attitude seemed fantastic, no mouthing off at decisions, just hard work.
Bearing in mind our midfield requirements, he looked comfortable all across, particularly wings. Several questions occurred to me

1. How old is he/ where did palace get him from?
2. Is he really as good as I thought/ i.e. i he already rated at £5m?
3. Ideally we might stand a chance of getting him if Palace lose promotion, well we don''t want Ipswich or W.Ham getting promoted do we?
4. Anyone got the general lowdown on him, opinions etc.

Cheers all

I put Routledge''s name forward a while ago but was told that wasn''t worth it as he was lightweight and had no experience. I still stand by my original statement. The lad has obvious talent. He will go on to bigger and greater things I''m sure.

I have been a fan of young Mr Routledge for a while. He is a Palace youth player around 20 years old. He has been around for a couple of seasons now.

I would like city to sign him but I think it would take a lot of zeros.

Julian Gray could also be worth a look, both quick and very strong on the ball. They can also both hit in a decent cross. Either would be good on our right midfield.

But I agree, WHAM or Binners can not go up.

he is 19 they got him from wimbeldon earlyer in the season i doubt they would want to let him go he does look good but maybe needs a bit more time to grow as a player . would be a good signing regardless though

dont think he came from wimbledon,think that i leigterwood,maybe i am wrong
am sure it would take about 1.5mil to get him,and i want palace to win now so doubt we will get him

a couple of years ago T4 did a sunday program on the crystal palace academy, wayne routledge was one of the main youngsters they focused on. anyone remember this? or just me?