Sign in to follow this  
perucanary

Sunderland v Palace

Anyone remember a similar agony to that on the fans'' faces during the penalty shoot out? Just glad it wasn''t us! Good luck Palace against whichever team gets through tonight''s game!

E I E I E I O Up the football league we go.

Anyone else hear that chant by the Palace fans? I''ve heard a few clubs sing it now.

But I am sure this is OUR song, devised by the Barclay for Walker, revised for Rioch and now Worthy.

Isn''t the whole point about E I E I O an ironic reference to our "farmer" or "country" status?

So hearing teams such as Palace sing it just makes them look daft for me.

Willing to be proven wrong?

Hmm I heard that too and wondered the same thing.. and have also heard Arsenal sing "Top of the League were having a laugh''.. but I guess we cant have that exclusively either..

No, its not our song. I clearly remember Newcastle fans singing it against us 10 years or so against us when Keegan was in charge!

If you think about it the E I E I E I O bit sounds Geordie, they seem to speak in vowels!!

Oi. Who''s this Jonesy imposter!!!!!!!!

Only joking. Welcome fellow Jones, isn''t it rubbish having such a boring surname? I''d much rather have an unusual one. Can anyone think of a good un so I can change it by de-poll.