Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Huckerby or Eadie??

this is unfair to be honest.. Eadies career was over at 27 so no one got to see him in his prime.. he did make the Egnalnd squad.. which hucks never did as well..

jas :)

[quote user="Satriales"]At the top of their game who would you prefer down the left side??
[/quote]

Id have Eadie on the left with Huckerby up front alongside Chris Sutton, Ruel Fox on the right with Crook and Safi in the middle. Pointless thread, thats like saying would you have Flora or Utterly Butterly on your toast if they were both in your thread.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

this is unfair to be honest.. Eadies career was over at 27 so no one got to see him in his prime.. he did make the Egnalnd squad.. which hucks never did as well..

jas :)

[/quote]

No but Huckerby got an England B cap and Eadie didnt, but yeh i agree its unfair, they were both legends for this club at different times in history and should remain so without judgement. Its a bit like saying ''Pele or Maradona whos better'' an argument which will never be won.

[quote user="ryank"]

[quote user="Satriales"]At the top of their game who would you prefer down the left side??
[/quote]

Id have Eadie on the left with Huckerby up front alongside Chris Sutton, Ruel Fox on the right with Crook and Safi in the middle. Pointless thread, thats like saying would you have Flora or Utterly Butterly on your toast if they were both in your thread.

[/quote]

I meant in your fridge of course!

I would say Huckerby on the basis of his better eye for goal and overall he was more capable of destroying a team single handed.  I cant think of Eadie scoring goals like the one Huckerby got against Cardiff when on loan, or against Birmingham last season etc.  Plus teams didnt use to double up on Eadie like they used to on Huckerby which in turn left more room for others to exploit.

Who knows what Eadie might have gone on to become if it were not for injury though as Jas said.  A lot of potential there that never got a chance to bloom fully. [:(]

Two great players for us though

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

I would say Huckerby on the basis of his better eye for goal and overall he was more capable of destroying a team single handed.  I cant think of Eadie scoring goals like the one Huckerby got against Cardiff when on loan, or against Birmingham last season etc.  Plus teams didnt use to double up on Eadie like they used to on Huckerby which in turn left more room for others to exploit.

Who knows what Eadie might have gone on to become if it were not for injury though as Jas said.  A lot of potential there that never got a chance to bloom fully. [:(]

[/quote]

Cant remember the Crewe goal from half way down the pitch on his comeback from six months out then?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

Cant remember the Crewe goal from half way down the pitch on his comeback from six months out then?

Huckerby by a mile!

Eadie was good but take away his pace and he was limited. And he was something of a ''sicknote'' always injured - We got rid at the right time!

Hucks maybe seen as something of a primadonna but hes not had many injuries, sweated blood for the Canary cause and has much more skill than Eadie ever did!

got to be eadie top player in my opinion hucks is a good player but eadie better left winger

[quote user="scott"]

Huckerby by a mile!

Eadie was good but take away his pace and he was limited. And he was something of a ''sicknote'' always injured - We got rid at the right time!

Hucks maybe seen as something of a primadonna but hes not had many injuries, sweated blood for the Canary cause and has much more skill than Eadie ever did!

[/quote]

Cant the same be said for huckerby though? (about pace)

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="scott"]

Huckerby by a mile!

[/quote]

Cant the same be said for huckerby though? (about pace)

[/quote]

.Yes obviously Hucks would be limited by a lack of pace but hes a better dribbler than Eadie and can also play on the right hand side and turn both ways - Eadie was very one footed - only could kick with his left foot!

These facts added to Hucks better injury record and Hucks having probably the best part of his career at Norwich makes him the better player!

Eadie was a far superior player.  He really could have been an England regular had injuries not ruined his career.  Hucks has been excellent for Norwich by the way, and is a true legend.