Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Where are the idiots now????

Where are the idiots now?  the ones who turned on norwich and said they was going down? those muppets who said roeder wasnt right for the job and the ones who said those players couldnt manage survival.  Well guess who is eating their words now?? Now that Championship Football is secured the people need to sit back and wait until the team walk out against Spurs on July 28th just to get a sneak peek at what Roeder has aquired for next year.  Now the clear out starts after Shef Wed, and the New City era begins but i guarantee that the moaning idiots will still not be happy. Well for everyone who believed, We were right to get behind Norwich and believe that the lads and Roeder would keep us up.  C''mon City. C''mon City.C''mon City.

Roeder said it all in his post match interview - we had 8 points when he arrived and we''ve still stayed up.   The man deserves a massive pat on the back for his job in turning City around.As for all the loanees etc, he''s really had to play them in some of these games as they''re potential signings for next season.  If he doesn''t get to see them play this level he won''t have any idea as to how they''ll play.   Let''s be honest here, do any of us really believe that Roeder is going to get a £20m pound transfer kitty over the summer?   Don''t think so, do you?   He''s going to have to use his (obviously) extensive contacts to trawl around for loan players and the decent Bosmans - as well as splashing what cash he does get VERY carefully (hopefully on the likes of Evans - who I can now see being released by Man City)...So well done Glenn - start the rebuilding process and build us a team worthy of your reputation and get us back to where we belong!

Roeder deserves enormous credit for turning things around from where we were in October but he made things hard for himself from the end of January onwards by constantly tinkering, playing players out of position and picking lesser players ahead of better more established players!

Now its a clean slate and he''ll have a full summer to build the squad and next season to see if he can step us up to serious challengers and I hope he does exactly that!

Well i am here, sorry i dont see this as a glorious victory and Roeder although keeping us up is still not convinced me he is the man, i never said we would go down but was a worried man and staying up does not alter the anger i feel about the way the club is going. If that makes me an idiot so be it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Well i am here, sorry i dont see this as a glorious victory and Roeder although keeping us up is still not convinced me he is the man, i never said we would go down but was a worried man and staying up does not alter the anger i feel about the way the club is going. If that makes me an idiot so be it.[/quote]

Then you''d better make me an idiot too Ricky.

At least we have the balls to post without the benefit of hindsight, unlike some on here do!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Well i am here, sorry i dont see this as a glorious victory and Roeder although keeping us up is still not convinced me he is the man, i never said we would go down but was a worried man and staying up does not alter the anger i feel about the way the club is going. If that makes me an idiot so be it.[/quote]

Then you''d better make me an idiot too Ricky.

At least we have the balls to post without the benefit of hindsight, unlike some on here do!.

[/quote]That''s a new low, Wiz, even for you.  All you''ve done in the last eight weeks is moan, panic and slate Roeder and anyone else club-related (apart from "Jamie Lad", who you fail to realise is simply not good enough).  We have, against all the odds, stayed up - no club has ever stayed up from where we were in November - and now you have the gall to say, effectively, "we were wrong, but at least we had the courage to say so."So, for having the courage to predict we would be relegated, and for having the courage to call Roeder "rodent" and other witty names - yes, Wiz, you are an absolute idiot.  I can''t be bothered to reply to any of your attention-seeking posts any more, so good luck and see you later.Ricky, I entirely agree that the disgrace is where we found ourselves in November - bottom, 13 games gone, 8 points, and Duffy in temporary charge.  I also agree that questions must be asked - and answered - at board level.  But I don''t see how you can''t find it in yourself to admit Roeder has done well to keep us in the Championship.  Yes, next season will be a massive season for Roeder, the board and the fans, but I believe in credit where it''s due.

I have not said he aint done well to keep us up, i am merely saying the jury is out as far as i am concerned but i cant get all excited, pro board, Roeder is God, over avoiding relegaion to div3, what message does that send to the board about the supporters mentality, the pressure should now be well and truly on for Roeder to be backed.

Ricky,

If you didn''t say we would go down then you are not the type of poster being refered to here. No need to play the victim on this thread, Sorry.

Mr Chops, How can you say Curo isn''t god enough, Yes he has missed a few chances, but the crutial goals he has scored has got us 10 points, 3pts against Southampton, 2pts against Scunthorpe and Barnsley and 1 point for the games against the Scum, Wolves and Watford. Without those we would be down. So in a nut shell Wiz is correct not to run him down.  

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Where are the idiots now?  the ones who turned on norwich and said they was going down? those muppets who said roeder wasnt right for the job and the ones who said those players couldnt manage survival.  Well guess who is eating their words now?? Now that Championship Football is secured the people need to sit back and wait until the team walk out against Spurs on July 28th just to get a sneak peek at what Roeder has aquired for next year.  Now the clear out starts after Shef Wed, and the New City era begins but i guarantee that the moaning idiots will still not be happy. Well for everyone who believed, We were right to get behind Norwich and believe that the lads and Roeder would keep us up.  C''mon City. C''mon City.C''mon City.[/quote]

So we managed to avoid relegation on the penultimate match of the season.

Not really much to gloat about really is it?

Now roeder has to prove himself. He''s done wonders as a one season manager, now prove to us fans you can do it over the long term. I''m hopeful but still have my nagging doubts.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Mr Chops, How can you say Curo isn''t god enough, Yes he has missed a few chances, but the crutial goals he has scored has got us 10 points, 3pts against Southampton, 2pts against Scunthorpe and Barnsley and 1 point for the games against the Scum, Wolves and Watford. Without those we would be down. So in a nut shell Wiz is correct not to run him down.  [/quote]Your argument is ridiculous.  What about all the chances he missed?  0-0 v Leicester, 0-1 v Stoke, 1-2 v WBA - the list goes on and on and, I''m afraid, on.  If he''d hit the target there we''d have been safe long, long ago.Curo is not good enough to get us to the level we should be playing at, i.e. Top 6 Championship.  He''s a decent sub to bring on but nothing more than that.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

It isn''t great on the face of things, but pretty good when you consider that after 16 games we were on 9pts, 5 away from our nearest rival.  Since then we''ve had 46pts in 29 games, which extrapolated over a season is 73, certainly enough for a play-off place this season; ok, perhaps it is a bit crude to do such a calculation but it does put things more into context.

It is hardly surprising if some who didn''t seem to be willing us into relegation are now having a bit of a dig at those who were.

What we need now is a clean slate and to give Roeder a chance to show what he can do with a full transfer kitty (well, as full as it will ever be!) and a full pre-season.

Re: Where are the idiots now????

I should think they''re all currently sat relaxing in the boardroom, feeling quite smug with themselves, toasting each other and feasting on expensive nibbles and finger food french fancies......Thankful, that once again, they''ve successfully blagged and bungled their way through another underachieving season, yet uncannily, still managing to flog an abundance of season tickets and debating how to make the disappointing and disinterested ''Greatest Ever'' non-event - a supposed success....and how to recover the predicted loss.

And no doubt, discussing how to be prudent in the purchase of prospective playing staff without making the natives restless, and thinking up some ''hard-luck'' tale to transmit to the meek masses, on how running a footy club even with regular 24,000+ attendances and other money-making operations still aren''t sufficient to strengthen the football side of NCFC......

Coming to think of it........Who are the actual idiots....now?[:|] 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

It isn''t great on the face of things, but pretty good when you consider that after 16 games we were on 9pts, 5 away from our nearest rival.  Since then we''ve had 46pts in 29 games, which extrapolated over a season is 73, certainly enough for a play-off place this season; ok, perhaps it is a bit crude to do such a calculation but it does put things more into context.

It is hardly surprising if some who didn''t seem to be willing us into relegation are now having a bit of a dig at those who were.

What we need now is a clean slate and to give Roeder a chance to show what he can do with a full transfer kitty (well, as full as it will ever be!) and a full pre-season.

[/quote]

I could not agree more Branston, I still remember that awful performance away at QPR (following as it did from an equally woeful effort against Sheff Wed).  Back then I would have given my right arm to be able to "celebrate" survival with a game to spare.  That is not to say I am happy with the way this season has panned out, but I will take it over what seemed the inevitable outcome then.

Glenn has proved he can deliver, time for the Board to show they can do the same by backing him with a sensible amout of cash to make us into genuine play off contenders over a complete season.

Whilst I am glad we have survived, and GR has done a great job saving us, the truth of the matter is that it was touch and go for a while, he neraly messed it up with the trip to Spain and the constant tinkering. Is being thankful for not being relegated to the third tier of English football is as good as it is going to get for us fans?, I sincerely hope not........

I don''t think Roeder has proved anything yet. He has got Norwich playing their traditional passing football. He arrived when we were rock bottom and got us onto a good run, so that we were almost vying for the play-offs. We then slumped so we were back in the relegation mix towards the end of the season and only managed to guarantee Championship football on the penultimate week of the season. We are 16th in the Championship which is not a great result for this club.Roeder has done this before. He had an immediate positive effect at both West Ham and Newcastle but then things began to slide. A lifelong Geordie supporter today bet me that Roeder will not be manager by January next year after a poor run of results. He expects Lee Clark to take over. He just doesn''t think Roeder can improve a team over the long-term and ends up losing the dressing room. I would suggest that this isn''t a particularly happy dressing room at the moment. Now that we are safe in the Championship, contract negotiations will resume. We will see whether Hucks and other players remains here. It seems to me that Roeder doesn''t like particularly strong characters in his changing room, so Huckerby probably won''t be retained. It doesn''t help that he is a legacy from previous regimes.Norwich''s academy products must be demoralised. Chris Martin and Michael Spillane have hardly had a look in. Halliday, Cave-Brown, Eagle, Smart & Bexfield have been stuck in the reserves or playing Youth team football. If they aren''t looking for other clubs they should be. Tom Miller was told that Roeder had heard good things about him but that he wouldn''t be getting a professional contract. That suggests to me that Roeder, who is meant to be good at evaluating and bringing on youngsters, didn''t have the time to check out the youngsters and relied on the advice of others. That won''t be helping morale amongst those responsible for the Academy & developing age group players.So, after bringing in his Newcastle mates Stephenson & Clark, I would expect Roeder to instigate more departures of long-time Norwich servants, such as Ricky Martin and the introduction of other contacts from his Newcastle days. And if the board doesn''t back Roeder with money we will have the embarrassment of the club captain, Fotheringham leaving as well.It''s very sad that Dion Dublin will retire from football with the club at such a low ebb. Not a great exit for Huckerby if, as widely expected, he does go as well. However, Roeder will have a blank sheet with which to start. Hopefully he will still have Marshall, Fotheringham, Pattinson & Russel as the basis of his team. I look forward to seeing whose contract is renewed and who is on the way out, as we should over the next few weeks.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Where are the idiots now?  the ones who turned on norwich and said they was going down? those muppets who said roeder wasnt right for the job and the ones who said those players couldnt manage survival.  Well guess who is eating their words now?? Now that Championship Football is secured the people need to sit back and wait until the team walk out against Spurs on July 28th just to get a sneak peek at what Roeder has aquired for next year.  Now the clear out starts after Shef Wed, and the New City era begins but i guarantee that the moaning idiots will still not be happy. Well for everyone who believed, We were right to get behind Norwich and believe that the lads and Roeder would keep us up.  C''mon City. C''mon City.C''mon City.[/quote]

Might have been prudent to follow your own advice and "sit back and wait until the team walk out against Spurs on July 28th" before declaring a clearout and a new era for the Club. Most of us who''ve been out of school more than 15 minutes have been there before, promised much, delivered the bare minimum. Do you honestly think the Board will be clearing out the fringe players/out of contracts and then buying us a whole new squad? Can we afford to lose any more players? How much will the Board be spending? Any chance of some answers before the event this time?

love Kermit.[*-)][8-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I can''t be bothered to reply to any of your attention-seeking posts any more, so good luck and see you later.

[/quote]

Thank God for that!.

Life just got better.[:D]