Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Evans, Bertrand, Pearce, Gibbs, Taylor next season?

I reckon we have a fair chance of signing Ched.  IMO Sven is going to want  proven talent in that area of the pitch.  Ched wont get better without first team games, he wont get them because it would be too risky in case he doesn''t deliver.  No win for both of them. 

Sven might not even be there next season. Add to that, that if he is, the owner of Man City is going to want them in the top 6 at least. Ched maybe good but I can''t see him being the lead striker to fire them into europe.

Our defence is OK at this level,  since roeder took over the goals per game conceeded is low and Taylor was not here for most of that period. Taylor, Pearce Gibbs - I can take or leave any of those - Bretrand really impressed and would push both HUx and Drury hard so I would love to see him here most from the non strikers.  Competition is needed across the back four but it is not the priority.

That must remain the front line.   This season we had a 39 year old who scored just 9 goals but wasnt mobile enough to do a full job for us,  a former golden boot winner who improved as the season went on so that at least he got himself into a position to miss - which he did with great accuracy and Ched who improved game in game out but suffered a week middle as is to be expected with a youngster in their first full season.  He would be excellentfor mext season.  Despite the inconsistencies from those front three none of the reserves (Martin/Jarvis/Renton) even got a sniff so cannot really be considered viable for next season - whcih leaves our striking option for next season as Curo

Had we taken a fraction of the chances we made (and all three are guilty of profilgacy) we would have been around the play off zone.   We need at least 2 striking options,  one of which must have an ability to win an aerial battle.

We can sign all of them next year. QPR had that Maniciane bloke for 2 years. Hope we get them.

Dont blast me right away for this

Pekhart is a big Czech striker currently at Spurs, scores frequently and also has 5 in 5 currently for the U21s

NOT MY IDEA, comes from a Spurs fan I know with a passing interest in Norwich

Also, Jon Viafara if Southampton go down? Thougts?