Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Evans, Bertrand, Pearce, Gibbs, Taylor next season?

If we were lucky enough to get those five players next season then we would have a chance of the play offs.  Roeder clearly rates them but can we afford them?

well if we cant were stuffed, because we need at least 2 strikers, 2 centre backs, a left back, a left winger, a centre mid or two :Dnice shopping list there

[quote user="silver fox"]

If we were lucky enough to get those five players next season then we would have a chance of the play offs.  Roeder clearly rates them but can we afford them?

[/quote]We''d take them on season-long loans, I''m sure.  Bertrand might stay as Bridge/Cole are in the Chelsea LB position.  Gibbs looks like he needs more 1st team football and I''d welcome him back.  Pearce - maybe but if we get a CB (we must) then we may not need him.  I hope we will buy Taylor.Apparently Man City have quoted £3m for Evans.  Can''t see us paying that.

Evans would be my priority. Bertrand is the best player, but you don''t have a successful team based on how good your left-back is. I agree that it''s hard to see us spending 3 million on Evans, but I would argue that we would easily make that money back when we sell him on in a few years time. Season-loan for Plastic?Controversial it may be, but I would be tempted to sign Pearce before Taylor. Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked class. Both would be nice.

I think Evans will be at Man City, as Sven has already said that he wants to have a good look at him, and the boy has such class that i think Sven will be keeping him in his squad, Bertrand will never get in the Chelseas team so i think we should get him in asap i should think a million should do it, pearce and gibbs back on loan is a good idea but a deal for Taylor will never happen because of that Brady Women being a pain in the Ar**. Out of the five mentioned Bertrand would be the one we have most chance of signing, in all honesty any 3 out of the five would be a move in the right direction.

One of either Pearce or Taylor. I suspect if we can sign Taylor, we will, as Glenn can then have more loanees rather than possibly getting Pearce in again. However, out of all the loanees we have, I would guess that Pearce is the most likely one we would sign permanently.

Evans-no chance of signing. People seem to think we might, or we have a chance, but I can''t see it happening. But a season long loan would be great and a possibility-the problem is, if we do, and he scores 20 plus goals next season, then he goes off back to Man City and we haven''t benefitted financially, and, regardless of what we achieve next season, we''d still have to sign someone else to replace him.

Bertrand is a good shout, him at left back and Pattison left midfield would be my pick to start the season with.

If Glenn thinks getting Hucks off the wage bill might bring 2-3 "cheaper" players in then you can''t really argue with that-but if he did and none of them were quality, then Glenn would get some stick, especially if Hucks was turning it on for Sunderland or Palace for example.

I really do think we''ve got a chance of getting Bertrand.  As long as Chelsea keep Cole and Bridge this summer of course.  He has been a great player for us but he is a long way from the Chelsea first team and at this stage of his career he needs a club who will play him, not just loan him out of stick him in the ressies

Shuck

Hucks has stated often enough he would never sign to a club who were likely to play Norwich, in other words he would never play against us. So we can rule out anyone else in the Champ. I am sure if he does go it will not be to Palace/Sunderland.

The main question is though, taking personalities out of this, do you sacrifice a proven class player and replace with cheapies? I would hope not as this policy has merely cemented this club in the position it has found itself after relegation.

I am confident Roeder can wheel and deal with good loan players, but to get rid of a player who the other teams still class as a major threat, then no.

Of all the loan players here at present, I would like to see any of them being taken on loan again, plus Taylor (are you ready to do a deal now Ms Brady?).

Bertrand and Evans would be great next season.

As for Hucks I agree he said he wouldn''t ever play against us Gazza but that was ages ago before the club start messing him around. Before someone jumps on me I still think he could have been offered something subject to us staying up.

If we can keep Bertrand, Gibbs, Evans on season loans, add a permenant centre back like Taylor and add a half decent third striker I seriously do not think we will not be a million miles away.  Of course we need to add the possibility of a left/right midfielder into that as Huckerby may go and Croft has proven he is ineffective on the final third.  For the striker, my tip is Raziak as Southampton are in trouble and Roeder obviously likes him.

[quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

I can see Man City releasing Evans - there are rumours that they''ll let him go (I''ve a mate who''s a die-hard Blue and apparently Sven will let him go - at a price).   Whether or not the board has the guts to put up the money for him is another matter.Bertrand - yes please.   As for the rest of the loanees - Bye!Oh, and Taylor?   Well we need to do some major rebuilding at the back - so again, yes please!!!

What about Richters (sp?) the rumour is that he is lined up to come in permanently in the summer, and i think he looks good.

Bertrand - think the one we have the best chance of getting and I would snap him up like a shot. Reckon is an outside chance we could get him permanently but if not then a season long loan would be good.

Ched - would be absolutely delighted if we could get him again. Can''t see him getting a game at Man City next season so think there is a chance opf another loan. My worry would be if they wanted to sell him there may be other clubs in this division who could outbid us.

Pearce - not bothered personally. Don''t think he''s any better or worse than Shack or the Doc. A dominant CB signing is crucial this summer and if he''s psychologically recovered then Taylor would be great.

Gibbs - worth another loan if he can work on his physique over the summer and it doesn''t block other loan possibilities.

Richters - liked the look of him in the brief spell he had. Caused both teams he played against a lot of problems in the short periods of time he was on the pitch so may be useful if not too pricey.

Evans - Yes please!

Bertrand - Yes please!

Pearce - If we don''t sign Martin Taylor then he would be useful!

Gibbs - Only if he builds himself up more, cause at the moment while hes got obvious good technical ability his lack of physique means hes not good enough!

Taylor - Most definately, should of been signed in January!

I think most people would like Evans, Bertrand and Taylor here permanently next season. Sadly, I reckon the same old ''lack of funds, unrealistic price'' chestnut will come out, and the best we will get is loan deals again. People are saying we will get our money back if we were to shell out, say, £3m for Evans, but... WE. DON''T. HAVE. ANY. MONEY. And the bank will not lend us any in the hope that he is worth more in a couple of years time im afraid.

Glenn, thank you for rescuing us from what was looking awfully like Div 1 football next season. Job done.

You have got the mother of rebuilding jobs to do in the summer tho. By my reckoning, you''ll need about £10m to buy all these loanees. Hmmmmm.....journeymen / cheap foreigners anyone?

Just a big YES PLEASE to all five of them if I''m honest - yes, even Gibbs who I think will become a better player next season. I''d really like Roeder to get Evans, Bertrand and Gibbs on season-long loans next year and buy both Tiny and Pearce who I don''t think would be out of our price range.

If Reading come down, then I think there is no chance of getting Pearce as they will probably sell off other defenders and move him into the first team. Same with Birmingham and Taylor. I think Roeder will pull a few surprises out of the hat this summer, there were probably a lot of other players he enquired about over Christmas and didn''t get which might be available come July.I doubt Bertrand will be back next year, which is a shame. Apparantly Frank Arnsen has labelled him the "new Ashley Cole" and wants him around next year, and as Arnsen makes all the transfer decisions it might be hard to get him, at least for a season.There might be a chance of getting Evans, but all depends on what Sven thinks of him over pre-season training, and of course if Sven is even there next year. I personally don''t think we should buy Evans, he will surely cost a bundle and we can''t splash all our cash on one striker who has played well for some games and disappeared in others. I think he will go on the become a class act, as he has the skill and mentaility but we need players who will be good from the first game of next season, or we are in for another relegation scrap.I should imagine there will be a new bunch of youngsters in on loan next season, some who will be great and some who won''t. Add in a few bosmans, a few European imports and one or two others and hopefully we will have a competitive team. Roeders success rate in the transfer market has been good so far in overall and I''m looking forward to seeing who is player at Carrow next year.

I would be very happy with all those back next year. To me, Ched has been superb and has got better as the season went on. Bertrand has a big future, but will not break into Chelsea team yet. Taylor is probably damaged goods now after the incident with Arsenal. Gibbs and Pearce have been ok but got better with more games they have played and will undoubtly get better next year.

Add them to Hoolahan, couple of strikers, right back, centre bac, centre midfielder and we will be ok................................

id have all the loanees back permanently.. except for Gibbs.. 1 decent game yesterday and now we all love him? He''s light weight, his touch is wooden and he bottles challenges.. we might as well flush money down the loo than sign him! he''s shocking!

Just because he plays for Arsenal doesnt make him any good does it?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id have all the loanees back permanently.. except for Gibbs.. 1 decent game yesterday and now we all love him? He''s light weight, his touch is wooden and he bottles challenges.. we might as well flush money down the loo than sign him! he''s shocking!

[/quote]

Nobody''s saying it does jas, are they??

So I take it you didn''t watch him against Barnsley and WBA then, no?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He was cr@p against barnsley and WBA.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I agree with you Jas and wouldn''t have Gibbs back either, he''s not strong enough for the Championship and I havent seen anything in him to make me think that he ever will be!

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was cr@p against barnsley and WBA.
[/quote]

In your opinion maybe, but I thought he done alright in both games.

Gibbs best two games have been the last two home games where he has displayed some good passing skills and tryed to get stuck in more, but still way to lightweight to be deemed good enough for this Division. He may get better in the future but next season I''d rather have players who are good good enough NOW and not be just a nursery for big clubs that gives out of their depth young players the benefit of the doubt just cause they come from Arsenal or another big name.

what is the precedent for clubs loaning the same player to the same club two seasons running?

I think its likely we could sign Taylor permenently as Birmingham have indicated he is surplus to requirements, but the others i suspect are beyond our means at this point in time.

Very impressed with Evans. Has a kick like a mule with very little backlift. The effort which whistled past the post in the second half was probably the most powerful shot I have ever seen. (Anybody remembers Billy Coxon !!) Took his goal well. Has quick feet and turned his man several times in the box during the game. Also showed he could mix it. With a bit more experience plus improvement in heading ability could become the next Alan Shearer.

At this stage it would be a huge gamble to pay £3 million particularly a club in our financial position.

Bertrand would be a useful acquisition, Taylor looked OK but a bit concerned about his pace.

If I were Chelsea I''d be looking to loan Bertrand out to a club in the Prem - Palace if they get promoted, perhaps.I just can''t see how signing Evans would be a gamble. If we literally don''t have the money, fair enough. But in my view, it''s signing crap players which is the gamble.

We still need a Safri type player as I am not convinced we are strong enough in the middle with what we have available. Might be worth asking Chelsea to loan us Shevchenko instead of Bertrand to give him some first team football...........!!

I''d love to see Evans and Bertrand here next season, even if they came on loan once again. I think the chances of us signing them permanently are slim though, Evans will certainly have drawn attention from other clubs within this league (Cardiff already mentioned) so even if Man City were to let him go we''d probably be priced out of it. I''m sure the same probably goes for Bertrand. The richer premier league clubs have the resources to have almost a second-string eleven on their books plus youngsters on top of that so if either wish to retain their services ''just in case'' it''s no issue for them to do so.

I liked Taylor a lot whilst he was on loan here and do think that we need someone of his ilk, an experienced, talismanic rock at the back. Although I would have concerns regarding his psycological scars after the ''Eduardo'' challenge. If we were to keep Pearce, who I believe shows great potential, he wouldn''t complete our back-line and I think we would still need someone else fitting the above description.

Gibbs shows good technical qualities but needs to bulk up in order to thrive in this league, I also don''t know if he''s really what we need in the circumstances.

Never really saw enough of Rigters to draw a firm opinion about whether i''d like him back, although he looked like he could be a pacey explosive type of striker, and I think we really do lack that element in the forward line at present.

Hmmm James Henry....