Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Have you ever met a NICE West Brom fan??

Ok hear me out here. I''m sure there are plenty of nice Baggies fans out there. But I have to say I''ve never had the fortune of meeting or hearing from them. I don''t really have anything against West Brom. Ok, I don''t like their style of play and think their manager is a prat but apart from that!! We''ve had a few fans from other clubs come on this site this year. Palace fans, Reading fans, Sunderland fans and Villa fans have all been friendly. I might be wrong but I don''t think we''ve had a WBA fan on here? I really feel like we''ve shared something with West Brom this year. We''ve been the teams who have gone up automatically together. However, I''ve been on other sites and West Brom fans are just plain bitchy! Comments like "Norwich are only going up for one year", "Norwich are coming straight back down" and "Ricci Schimica should come to West Brom because we''re going to get relegated" are common on other sites.

I''m sure they are out there but I have to admit I''ve never spoken to friendly Baggies fan.

Anyone else experience this?

I work with a really nice Baggies fan. He is very open and honest about footy, including about his beloved team. He''s leaving soon, though, and I will miss the friendly banter. It''s fair to say that there are good and not-so-good fans of every team. You''ve been unlucky if you''ve never met a nice West Brom fan. They do exist...believe me!

how ever much they won''y like to think so, they are all cut from the same cloth as Wolves fans.

So I think that answers you question....

yes, dd, sorry to disappoint, but one of my best mate''s mates (sorry, this is confusing!) is a baggies fan living in exile on the south coast so may not really count, he doesn''t go to many games he he

also the season we went up to play them and the game was called off for snow they were great, we all had a game of footie in the car park, but have to say noticed a big difference in them this season, arrogant both here and at the hawthorns

i too saw the idiot on the official norwich site, what is the point of posts like that, except to show everyone what sort of idiot you are, as you say, nothing constructive, a case of sour grapes cos we won the title - and in style?

Is Frank Skinner a ''nice'' West Brom fan?? At least he has stuck by them through thick and thin, and he is a funny bloke. But his new sitcom ''Shane'' is pretty dire! Work with two Baggies and they are OK but only because we humbled them!

Having only just found these boards, I was interested in Norwich''s view about Albion, and how coincidentally, the transfer targets of both clubs were extremely similar. Before I read any threads on this BB I had the utmost respect for Nowrich City''s fans, team and manager. However after reading just a selection of threads, I am disgusted with Your attitude towards us. During the match at the Hawthorns earlier this year, the singing off ''Stand up if you hate the wolves'' portrayed a positive image of your club, and I for one was glad when the two teams promoted automatically were us and you. Fellow Albion fans would also be disgusted with many of the comments made on here.

My fiancee was born in West Brom and has been converted over the last few seasons into a canary fan, much to the dislike of all her family who are all baggies supporters. It''s very painfull to drink my cup of tea in a WBA mug when I go to visit them, but despite all this they are fantastic people, and as much as us have a real passion for their team.

My future mother in law is terrible about her football, and it was very hard for me when she was here last and I***h was playing Sunderland on SKy.

But I am having my own back next week when I am going there for a wedding AS CHAMPION OF THE DIVISION.. With 8 points to spare..( Sorry jumping up as west Ham as scored the second goal)