Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

This is CONTROVERSIAL...

I know we are taking a big following up to Sheff Weds for last game of season.I also would like to see Sheff Weds stay up most out of the teams who can still go down.What are the chances that even if we get beat, we can cheer the Owls goals as well as our own?After all we are safe, and who wouldn''t want to see Leicester and Mandaric''s millions get relegated?It would be a huge stretch to support the owls instead of the mighty yellows, but could we consider as well?It is bound to be a great day and i really wish i could go, Alas it is my 21st on Monday and my party is on the Sat so it would just be ridiculous trying to get up to Sheff from Worcester!The atmosphere will be amazing, and now we are safe, i wouldn''t mind being beaten, i would hate to beat them and send them down.Thoughts?

agreed. ideally we win and sheffield stay up anyway. if not a nice 4-4 draw to get a point sheff wednesday need wud be good :)

if they need a win then suppose it doesnt matter that much .. but still

What a load of tosh! City to win, put on a good show for us to remember during the summer! Who cares who goes down.....

I see where you are coming from, but I just dont agree. 

I could never cheer another team as they scored against us for anything simple as. Besides we should not be easing off the pedal just because it is the last game - I recall how I felt when Everton did that at Coventry a few years back now.  We owe it to the fans of other teams who could still be relegated (even if we dont like those teams) and the integrity of the game in general to still go out and play properly. And if we play properly we should support properly as well.

If we win, we could end up in fourteenth place. Makes our recovery from bottom in November look even better. It''s only a place or two but anything which makes us look more attractive to the players Roeder will try and recruit in the summer has to be taken.

Also, one of the senior managers where I work is a Wednesday supporter. He stood up in front of my colleagues last autumn and told everyone how they had had the worst start to a season for I don''t know how many years, "but at least we beat Norwich". I would love if we beat them, just love it!

6 nil, Dion and Hucks with hattricks!

[quote user="will c"]What a load of tosh! City to win, put on a good show for us to remember during the summer! Who cares who goes down.....[/quote]Yes [Y] well said

Am I daydreaming or do I remember a game many years ago when we played (I think) Oldham at home and an Oldham win would have assisted the releation of Everton, they scored first to huge cheers all round Carrow Road and we equalised with a goal greeted by boos? Everton were really hated by City fans back then for many obvious reasons, but I''m sure something like that happened. Any corroboration?

Don''t support any other team except the Yellow''s. Plus, if Scum lose and we win we could be a matter of 6 points away from them. Well I think so.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Am I daydreaming or do I remember a game many years ago when we played (I think) Oldham at home and an Oldham win would have assisted the releation of Everton, they scored first to huge cheers all round Carrow Road and we equalised with a goal greeted by boos? Everton were really hated by City fans back then for many obvious reasons, but I''m sure something like that happened. Any corroboration?[/quote]I was at that game, and I remember it much as you did. Oldham were really unlucky that season - they were about a minute from making the FA Cup final before Mark Hughes''s equaliser, then they were pipped by survival by an awful Everton team who offered nothing in the way of decent football. I certainly cheered Oldham''s goal that day and felt terrible for them when they went down. They have never really recovered. Of course it was us next season....

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]
I was at that game, and I remember it much as you did. Oldham were really unlucky that season - they were about a minute from making the FA Cup final before Mark Hughes''s equaliser, then they were pipped by survival by an awful Everton team who offered nothing in the way of decent football. I certainly cheered Oldham''s goal that day and felt terrible for them when they went down. They have never really recovered. Of course it was us next season....
[/quote]

Oldham never won another game after that cup semi replay and I think they ended up playing their last 3 games during the last week of the season. There was more at stake than just Everton though, because going into the last game Ipswich could still be relegated if  they lost and Oldham beat us. As it happened Everton and scum both got the points they needed so our result wasn''t crucial anyway and Sheffield Utd ended up going down with Oldham and Swindon.

I could never cheer opposition goals but on reflection if we had have helped the relegation of either of those two teams a few chants of "always sh*t on the old blue and white" would have been more than appropriate.

[quote user="kick it off"]What are the chances that even if we get beat, we can cheer the Owls goals as well as our own?After all we are safe, and who wouldn''t want to see Leicester and Mandaric''s millions get relegated?It would be a huge stretch to support the owls instead of the mighty yellows, but could we consider as well?Thoughts?[/quote]No way, if you want to celebrate any Wednesday goals sit in the home seats in my opinion. People should travel to support Norwich and Norwich only.

I see what you mean, but common think of the crap times over this season. We want to win the game even if it doesn''t mean much. Shows us promise and a nice finish ahead of next season. Also it might show the club off at being good for potential signings! On the ball city, crush them!!!

Not just CONTROVERSIAL, also WRONG.I don''t care whether Owls stay up, or go down, I just want Norwich to end with a win and stop Wednesday fans banging on about how they keep beating Norwich...

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Not just CONTROVERSIAL, also WRONG.

I don''t care whether Owls stay up, or go down, I just want Norwich to end with a win and stop Wednesday fans banging on about how they keep beating Norwich...
[/quote]

Got to agree with the barman here, they beat us at our gaffe, if we beat them at theirs they''ve got no-one to blame but themselves.

[quote user="kick it off"]I know we are taking a big following up to Sheff Weds for last game of season.

I also would like to see Sheff Weds stay up most out of the teams who can still go down.

What are the chances that even if we get beat, we can cheer the Owls goals as well as our own?

After all we are safe, and who wouldn''t want to see Leicester and Mandaric''s millions get relegated?

It would be a huge stretch to support the owls instead of the mighty yellows, but could we consider as well?

It is bound to be a great day and i really wish i could go, Alas it is my 21st on Monday and my party is on the Sat so it would just be ridiculous trying to get up to Sheff from Worcester!

The atmosphere will be amazing, and now we are safe, i wouldn''t mind being beaten, i would hate to beat them and send them down.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

I hear what your saying. Would like to Weds stay up too. But cheering their goals, as nice as it seems, simply wont happen. Would you cheer their goal that puts them 4 nil up? I dont think so some how. I hope we win the game and Weds stay up too.