Sign in to follow this  
* $@[) *

Sheffield Wednesday...Who's Going?

Hi guys, Ive got my tickets for the game but was just wondering how many of you on here are taking the trip down to Sheffield this Sunday, i think the atmosphere is going to be great and i''d really love to see us out-sing their ''sell out crowds''!

Also i''d like to no if any of you are taking inflatable rings/balls etc... to the game as im able to get around 12 beach balls fairly cheap which me and a few mates will take with us :)

See Ya there

I ordered my tickets today. The bloke on the phone reckons that they''ve sold 4500 so far and they can have upto 6000 if required. Should be a very good turnout!

FFS....Sorry i thought it was a football game, not a bloody beach party!!! I''ll be there supporting the team in the usual manner and not fucking about with some inflatables!!!!!

I am, hope the weather is good. It''s quite impressive to get over 4500 so far for a relatively meaningless game, good to see a few players off with a good reception.

Im going and im bringing a inflatable banana a few beach balls and a football should be a good day hopefully the atmosphere will be good

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]FFS....Sorry i thought it was a football game, not a bloody beach party!!! I''ll be there supporting the team in the usual manner and not fucking about with some inflatables!!!!![/quote]

Why be so negative and rude to a fellow supporter? Alright you don''t like the inflateables, it''s not my personal cup of tea either, but i''m all for people going to games, having a good time, and creating an atmosphere in the way they feel best. I prefer to stand and sing at matches but if other people would rather sit and clap politely then good for them, there still doing their bit to get behind the team.

I will be there on sunday singing my heart out and giving Dion and Hucks the farewell they deserve.

All together now.........................

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]FFS....Sorry i thought it was a football game, not a bloody beach party!!! I''ll be there supporting the team in the usual manner and not fucking about with some inflatables!!!!![/quote]

Why be so negative and rude to a fellow supporter? Alright you don''t like the inflatables, it''s not my personal cup of tea either, but i''m all for people going to games, having a good time, and creating an atmosphere in the way they feel best. I prefer to stand and sing at matches but if other people would rather sit and clap politely then good for them, they''re still doing their bit to get behind the team.

I will be there on sunday singing my heart out and giving Dion and Hucks the farewell they deserve.

yup i''m going, can''t wait either, hopefully we''ll win and Wednesday will stay up as well, have a party atmosphere all round! wanna see the foxes go down :)

Will be there as usual with Mrs Sid, looking forward to a great atmosphere. Can we outsing 35000 Wednesday fans with our following? I reckon so, then see Dion off in style.

Enjoy everyone!

If you go by car best bet is park at Meadowhall and get the tram across to Leppings Lane (only £3 return I believe).

Return tram journey can be crowded though - it was last year and that was with a 20,000 crowd! On Sunday the crowd looks like being 35,000+ as Wednesday have sold out.

I''ll be there! No inflatables, but I''m thinking about stuffing the pipe off of the vacuum cleaner down my trousers as a tribute to Dion!

In all seriousness Dion deserves a cracking send-off, having met the him, albeit briefly, he''s not only a credit to Norwich but the game in general. As for Huck''s I suggest we treat it as a send-off for him too - If he leaves in the summer he''ll have got the reaction he deserves, if he doesn''t he''ll know just how highly regarded he still is by us all (as if he doesn''t already!).

Should be a great day regardless of the result - I''m sure we''ll do our bit to generate the atmosphere!

Would have gone, only for me it''s a ten hour round trip train journey, with six changes each way for £79.00. Along with a seven o''clock start and an 11.30 return.

[quote user="Stone"]

I''ll be there! No inflatables, but I''m thinking about stuffing the pipe off of the vacuum cleaner down my trousers as a tribute to Dion!

[/quote]

PMSL!

Thanks to the Bank Holiday tradition of rail engineering works I can''t get up to Sheffield in reasonable time so will reluctantly have to give it a miss, am gutted as atmosphere should be amazing!! [:(]

[quote user="YellowRages"]Would have gone, only for me it''s a ten hour round trip train journey, with six changes each way for £79.00. Along with a seven o''clock start and an 11.30 return.[/quote]

wheres the commitment? tut tut

got my tickets few weeks back, whilst worrying it could be a big game, but glad its not, and gonna be such a laugh. inflatables are a kinda tradition at last away games, we gotta have fun somehow. and you can tell I work on railway, I am going by the clubs coach!!!!!

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Yea, il be there :-) What''s capacity of Hillsbrough? And does anyone elses ticket have ''post in view'' written on it?!?[/quote]

My mate''s got mine but I hope it''s not the case! We''re in the lower tier, that''s all I know.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Yea, il be there :-) What''s capacity of Hillsbrough? And does anyone elses ticket have ''post in view'' written on it?!?[/quote]

I believe its just under 40,000 - and according to their website they have now completely sold out, so i should think about 36,000 will be turning up to the game

[quote user="Canaries87"]

Why be so negative and rude to a fellow supporter? Alright you don''t like the inflateables, it''s not my personal cup of tea either, but i''m all for people going to games, having a good time, and creating an atmosphere in the way they feel best. I prefer to stand and sing at matches but if other people would rather sit and clap politely then good for them, there still doing their bit to get behind the team.

[/quote]

Because he''s a cult? 

I''ll enjoy welcoming you all to my current adopted City.  As someone said parking at Meadowhall and getting the tram is probably the best bet if coming by car cos'' there''ll be very little parking near the ground as the Club / Council would not have clocked that such a big turn-out was on the cards.  Expect a long wait afterwards for a return tram as noted above as well - best bet is to go to a part of Town on the way back called Kelham Island, sink a few pints in some of the finest hostelries in the City on what is known locally as the Five Beers Walk (New Barrack Tavern, Kelham Island Tavern, Fat Cat, Rvierside, Harlequin), and get on the Tram in the city centre.   If you''ve still got the ability to walk by then!!

Enjoy everyone!