Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy.

Yes you lovely old Free Bet Pickers Its time to take on Dixmar once again and Its Gentleman Jim making the final selection . Not Gentleman Jim Corbett the old world boxing champion but our very own champion Gentleman Jim from Gorleston . So lets give Jim all the help we can .

Do you remember the last bout Jim had ? when we were all waiting for Celtic to score with about 15mins left and we had Boris the Bulgar popping up every few mins telling us how some obscure bet involving unit 4 +2 was doing with an even more obscure basketball team named Holmfarm or something like that was winning . We were all in Jims corner then and I am sure we will again be this weekend .

However Jim is the Foreman this week and I know its going to be right up his Ali to take on Billy Dixon , please Liston to me when I say we want just the one selection , In fact your "nap" . The selections that my lovely old team of Pickers have made over the last few weeks has astounded myself and Nutty I know he wants to say the improvement has been magnificent .

I know the binners are very j Ellis of us and I know they want to run and Hide from us , no matter however much the road is Rocky we City supporters will never Bowe to anyone . So come on you lovely old Norwich City fan I know you Khan do it .

Do you know I have just had a thought I bet Cumfys mum''s favourite boxer was Don Cockle. Talk to you lovely old Pickers later . Cheers .Sugar Ray.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                            £212-56p wonderful Norfolkchance1

I''m ready Ray,

Boy do I need help this week, WOW, there will be so many nailbiters this weekend we will all feel we''ve gone fifteen rounds with a heavyweight .

I need all the help I can get in my corner , so come on friends, round one , seconds out  DING ! ! !

Hi Jim. Do you remember when you first had me either sub for you ( or follow you ) and you felt you had left arrdee in good hands. Well, that''s how I feel this week. I''m tired of throwing jabs at Mr. Carrow and am happy to be back on this thread as it''s an upper cut. There''s no rope-a-dope this weekend. Those that have still have an opportunity to achieve something will have to stand up and be counted. For me, has to be:

Manchester United to beat West Ham

So glad you are ready to come out fighting Gentleman Jim , we all know we will never see you on the Ropes all we need is a decent break, with that in mind I will telegraph my knockout blow , my "nap" is Notts For , who I think will gain an automatic promotion place if they win this weekend , they will be up for it whatever happens , It could just be only a win on points but a win is a win . Cheers. Sugar Ray.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                               £212-56 yes Norfolkchance1

Now come on you lovely old Pickers give Gentleman Jim your "naps" , never mind about looking on your computers for boxers names , arrdee doesn''t do this , I have to rely on my memory , besides I don''t know how to , remembering arrdees limited knowledge of the computer .

Just keep those "naps" coming in for Gentleman Jim , I feel we will win this week . arrdee.( or Sugar Ray)

Yankee<2,Fellas,P''boro,

Hello all,

Good luck GJ  - lets give Billy a bashing this week.

LEEDS UTD home win v Gillingham for my nap this week.

Thanks Arrdee, for arranging the Free bet - its one of the highlights of the week  for me. You and Nutty deserve the freedom of the City for your efforts. Well done boys.

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)

Ok, this week I suggest Notts Forest to triumph over Yeovil at the City Ground.

Forest are on a roll with 16 points from the last 18 available, tight defence and plenty of goals.  Home record is solid and have won over half their home matches this season.  Nothing less than a  win will do for them to secure automatic promotion (assuming Leeds dont win their appeal) but as Doncaster have a tough trip away this weekend they must like their chances.

Yeovil on the other hand have given up the ghost lately since being safe with just one win in last six (and that a form book busting win at Swansea that ruined another free bet [:(]).  Their away form is indifferent all season with just five wins on their travels.

It may be tempting fate, but I cannot see lightening striking twice and Yeovil getting anything out of this game against a Forest team who will be bang up for it.

Nottm Forest are looking to bypass the playoffs and secure automatic promotion against a nothing to play for Yeovil this weekend and I fancy Forest for the win and the automatic spot.

Needless to say my final nap this season will be Nottm Forest hom win.

Good luck GJ.

[quote user="inch_high"]

Nottm Forest are looking to bypass the playoffs and secure automatic promotion against a nothing to play for Yeovil this weekend and I fancy Forest for the win and the automatic spot.

Needless to say my final nap this season will be Nottm Forest hom win.

Good luck GJ.

[/quote]

Now "inch_high" why are you saying this is your final "nap" of the season ? we need your "nap" next week as well , arrdee.[Y]

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

My nap this last week could be a first for me.  I think this is the first time this season I have chosen a Team in the Championship.  Maybe once, but not sure...  Anyway, my pick is Stoke to secure automatic promotion and send Holloway packing.  Stoke Home Win over Leicester.

You know Ardee, since picking my nap this week in the post above, it has bothered me.  Naps aren''t supposed ot bother you.  There are too many situations where a tie would suit both Stoke and Leicester, so I am no longer comfortable with it.  I''d prefer to bet on a team that absolutely must win this weekend.  So, without my faithful Conference to pick easy winners, I am going to pick Fulham home win over Birmingham.  Unfortunately for us Canaries, we all know that Fulham knows something about putting on a display on the last day of the season, and I wouldn''t mind Karren Brady watching Brum in the Championship next year from her jail cell.

Seconds out, Round...(How many is it now?)

I''m on a roll now, with one correct selection in a row, so here goes. A popular choice this week:

Nottm Forest vs Yeovil - Home win.

Forest at home and can still gain automatic promotion, Yeovil with nothing to play for.

Another knockout blow?

Good luck Gent Jim.

[quote user="inch_high"]wish i could type faster...lol  may have beaten Pboro_Canary to it.  They say great minds think alike..[:$]
[/quote]

You have to be quick to beat the flying fingers of the Pboro_Canary!  As for great minds, well we both also seem to share similar taste in dodgy pet-related avatars.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="inch_high"]

[/quote]

Now "inch_high" why are you saying this is your final "nap" of the season ? we need your "nap" next week as well , arrdee.[Y]

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

[/quote]

OOp''s my mistake. When the lower divisions finish I see that as the season end. Not a lover of the premier.

I''ll pop back next week and indeed any week this fantastic thread is running.[Y]

I''m not very good at this sort of thing but Lincoln to beat Wrexham.  Lincoln unbeaten in the last three (that counts for a roll in Lincoln) and Wrexham, poor chaps, already concentrating on life in the Blue Square outfit and most of them out of a job after this weekend.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

Even though it''s already been selected by one of our contenders for top tipster Yankee Canary I''m going to weigh in with Manchester United this week. They really need to beat West Ham at Old Trafford if they are going to clinch the title. Even though repeating someone elses selection feels a bit below the belt to me, it could be seen to be a majority decision.

The only problem with selecting this game is that if it fails the Free Bet would suffer a sucker punch and be down and out before it got running as it''s and early kick off. 12:45pm Saturday.

Manchester United V West Ham    Home win.

Good luck Gentleman Jim as you canvas the selections of us pickers[Y] Here''s hoping you mayweather the storm and go the distance with the final selections.[Y][Y]

Time for a coffee now [C] 2 sugars and stirred witherspoon [:S] Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

Hi''ya

This is my first weigh in on the Free Bet Thread so if I get it wrong I hope I won''t get knocked out!!

My nap is for West Brom to win away at QPR, I fancy West Brom to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee in order to secure the title against a QPR team which looked featherweight during last weeks bout at Carrow Road.

Good luck Gentleman Jim - I hope Eubank on the right results. [Y]

Thought id try and throw in a longer odds match, and there seems to be great value in Southend to beat Port Vale

Southend - 5th - 12/5/5 at home - 4th in the form table

Port vale - 23rd - relegated - 4/2/16 away

wolves have to win so they will win, kightly and ebanks on fire lately as well

WOLVES WIN

but also us to miss out on playoffs

Cor blimey! I can''t keep up with all the boxing references, but I''ll have a jab at offering a winner for the bet...I''ve got my Eye of The Tiger on League 1. I nearly went for a Carlisle home win against the long-distance-travellers of Bournemouth - but our old friend Kevin Bond has worked miracles to give them a shout of staying up after suffering a 10-point deduction for entering administration. Instead my seconds opinion is for another team who are going the distance, Doncaster to win away at Cheltenham, guaranteeing automatic promotion for Donny Rovers, whilst helping to give the Cherries a fighting chance to get up off the canvas and secure League 1 football for another year.So that''s Cheltenham Town v Doncaster Rovers        Away Win.Sorry not to have seen you recently Sugar Ray - I''m off on holiday the day after we beat the Owls, but I''ll try to pop over for some meaty treats when I get back. Good luck Gentleman Jim.

Carlisle - Bournemouth - Away Win

Now you might think I''ve gone stone-cold (no, that''s a wrestling reference, I''m no good at this...) raving bonkers.  Bournemouth need a win to avoid relegation, and Carlisle stand a chance of automatic promotion.

However, the Carlisle boss seems to think that his players can''t get dressed properly.  They are lacking zip apparently.

Their recent form certainly backs his assertion :

Millwall 3 Carlisle 0
Carlisle 1 Southend 2
Leeds 3 Carlisle 2
Carlisle 0 Swansea 0
Carlisle 2 Yeovil 1
Carlisle 0 Nottm Forest 2

Now this might be a lightweight division, but Carlisle have been 12 rounds with the biggest hitters in their last 6 bouts, and appear to be on the ropes.

Bournemouth on the other hand go into Saturday as an unbeaten challenger from their last 6 matches.  They were docked points for some low blows early in the season, but are still fighting fit for a points decision come the end of the 12th, er, 46th game.

Eubank on this one, Bruno it makes sense, I Khan''t see this Bugner-ing up, it should be an easy win in the Mayweather for the Cherries, although the sun might not have his Hatton this weekend, I can see them with smiling faces at the Fenech.  At least if it gets picked and they lose, I can rely on you guys not to get Arce with me.  Being an away game, I hope it Hearns a lot of money for the academy.

Ok arrdee, Baer with me, I''ve just had some Curry and my breath is Schmeling real bad. I daren''t Benn over cos once I start I''ll have to Golota times. Poor Cathy has the same problem, I Canera in the kitchen. Happy Holmes eh ?

Anyway, no Moore of that, let''s Cruz into this weeks nap

I must agree with dear old Cam and the feelgood factor at Lincoln after a horrible start so

Lincoln City v Wrexham....... Home win.

I know I''ve had a few close Shavers this season but I don''t think I''ve Hamed too many selections or they would have wanted to Lynch me by now.

Good luck Gentleman Jim ''Corbett'', May this nap Pep you up and Foster another winning line.

Expect Aston Villa to have Wigan on the ropes this weekend in their quest for fifth place, if Everton slip up Villa could well be the team to sieze on the chance. Villa are scoring lots of goals and are up against a side picking up draws rather than wins.

Therefore my nap is for Aston Villa to beat Wigan.

Good luck G Jim a tough week with lots of teams having nothing to play for.

RD, If something could be arranged for European championships it would provide a bit of entertainment for us people who won''t be supporting a team courtesy of Mr Mclarens ineptitude.

Enjoyed the season can''t wait till next!

Now you lovely old Pickers you have been magnificent in your response to arrdees asking for help for Gentleman Jim finding a winning line this week . It also seems you are enjoying arrdees theme''s . I started out on this endeavor purely as  self indulgence on my part I will admit , I felt I just wanted to exercise my brain , starting with Yankees voyage to the Dixmar ending with Jims knockout in the ring .

This is the last time I will do a theme as there is just one week to go after this and I want to say to you all a special thanks on that week, when it will be "Devonshire" in charge , there will be the prem to pick from and a full programme from most of Europe , so all you lovely old Pickers get ready to log onto Boyle Sports for the fixtures . Talk to you lovely old pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro, 

As you say Ray, a magnificent response, the lads and lasses have done me/us proud !

I now feel very confident we are going to do it this week.

I have a good idea what my final six will be and will consider any additional overnight picks then post my efforts tomorrow morning.

Thank you all !

Arsenal vs Everton - HOME WIN.Arsenal look relaxed noe they''ve nothing to play for and Everton look very tired, especially since Cahill got injured. This is my 1000th post so you better pick it Jim [B] [;)]P.S. I was going to pick Villa to beat (Mc)Guigan but I figured such a poor pun was a rubbish way to decide something so important.