Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Our new sponsor is............

We will be sponsered by Aviva next season...

There is a meeting on Tuesday where 50 shirts with the name on have already been prepared for a presentation.

Just a case of signing on the dotted line it seems.

Maybe Norwich Union is feeling guilty towards this fine city after the debacle with the SCUM.

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

We will be sponsered by Aviva next season...

There is a meeting on Tuesday where 50 shirts with the name on have already been prepared for a presentation.

Just a case of signing on the dotted line it seems.

Maybe Norwich Union is feeling guilty towards this fine city after the debacle with the SCUM.

[/quote]Source?

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]

RAC Breakdown. Watch this space............

[/quote]

Oh I think headline writers could have a lot of fun with that........

"Moves broke down on the edge of the area as quickly as cars on the M25 in a heatwave.........

"Never found the throttle to step up a gear or two...........

"Despite their new sponsorship there was no one to get them home in this game and they were left stuck on the Championship roadside.........

"Attack petered out like an old banger with a fuel blockage........

"If the forward line were in for MoT test they''d all fail............

"Both wingers looked as if they were in dire need of one of their sponsors route planners......... (I''ll give short odds on how long it takes for that one to appear).

"But they were no match for the opposition juggernauts............

"What''s the difference between City and their new sponsors?  One of them guarantees to get you home safely.............

With you being sponsored by a breakdown firm and Colchester playing at Cuckoo Farm it should be a most rewarding season. 

What''s the difference between Colchester and a cuckoo?  Cuckoo''s kick birds out not let them in................

Excellente! On behalf of journalists everywhere thanks very much indeed!

GET IN!!!! as they say.

The first person to definitively confirm it isnt Mattressman gets my eternal gratitude...

Also, does the above statement mean they have the new kits ready also or have they just modified the old ones...?

From a man who knows a woman who is getting the shirts ready for Tuesday.The shirts have not been fully designed,just

examples with the name on for presentation purposes only.

Camuldonum,

You seem to forget - none of these are going to be appropriate next season when we are top of the Championship on a 45 week unbeaten run. Suggestions?

Usual stuff in reverse old chap:

Roared out of the grid........

A superb team of Ferrari''s which made their opponents look like a vintage car rally

Got into top gear and never changed down..........

Left the opposition defence struggling like a bunch of traffic wardens trying to write down a number on a wet day............

The opposition defence looked as besieged as Lakeside Car Park on Christmas Eve.........

We can be relied on, whatever the occasion.

Colchester fly the nest?  Hmmmm.....we''ll see.  Let''s see if we have a team left first!

Of course if we have the odd bad game (not that we will) you might splutter to a halt and we might be given the bird (no odds at all on how long it takes the latter to show up - even the East Anglian might come up with that after a bit of head scratching at Six Fingers Street).

Cuckoo Farm lived up to it''s name with ten minutes of defensive madness............

And so on..........

PS: I think we all need to watch out for who''s coming down....in both Divisions.  You choose who you want.  I want Southampton not Leicester cos Leicester will come down with lots of money..........

I''d say that "CITYLINK" have well and truly missed out here, with their green and yellow livery and a whole summer of free advertising with the papers full of "City link" stories.......

wonder if Aviva will now be purchasing any debt the club owns before selling it on to an Arms dealer/Terrorist/Death Merchant (delete as appropriate misfit buys the club)

jas :)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Isn''t RAC owned by Norwich Union (Aviva)....[/quote]Motoring services group RAC has agreed to sell itself to Norwich Union-owner Aviva for £1.1bn ($2.1bn).

The deal, which brings together the UK''s biggest insurer

and a well-known motoring brand, will lead to about 1,700 job losses at

the two businesses.

Aviva said it would cut 900 head office jobs and move 800 administration and processing jobs outside the UK.

Combining the two businesses would help it achieve cost savings of at least £80m a year by 2006, it said.

Aviva did not give details as to where the jobs would

go, but a spokesperson said it was "reasonable to assume" that they may

be relocated to India or Sri Lanka, where Norwich Union has four

operations.

It said buying the RAC would boost its Norwich Union

insurance business "creating a powerful new combination in insurance

and motoring services".

Yes it is!!  PS Don''t you just hate the name Aviva, dreadful.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Isn''t RAC owned by Norwich Union (Aviva)....[/quote]

Motoring services group RAC has agreed to sell itself to Norwich Union-owner Aviva for £1.1bn ($2.1bn).

The deal, which brings together the UK''s biggest insurer and a well-known motoring brand, will lead to about 1,700 job losses at the two businesses.

Aviva said it would cut 900 head office jobs and move 800 administration and processing jobs outside the UK.

Combining the two businesses would help it achieve cost savings of at least £80m a year by 2006, it said.

Aviva did not give details as to where the jobs would go, but a spokesperson said it was "reasonable to assume" that they may be relocated to India or Sri Lanka, where Norwich Union has four operations.

It said buying the RAC would boost its Norwich Union insurance business "creating a powerful new combination in insurance and motoring services".

Yes it is!!  PS Don''t you just hate the name Aviva, dreadful.

[/quote]

Dreadful name, dreadful shirt, and having worked for them i can categorically say.. Dreadful company....

Well, i love the new shirt. Don''t really care what name is written on it. We could of done alot worse than Aviva.

But what i do hate is when company''s like Aviva who put thousands of people out of a job to move their call center''s to india. This should not be allowed to happen! B.T are just as bad, and i can honestly say i hate Aviva and B.T for doing this. They now have terrible customer service and speak very poor english!

I know what you mean about Indian call centres, I bought a PC recently, and my old internet router wouldn''t work with Vista.  Being with BT boradband, I figured I''d ask them if there were any downloads, and if not, whether they could replace the router.  I got put through to some bloke in downtown Bangalore who spent 15 minutes or so firstly, ignoring, and then deliberating the problem with his supervisor, before deciding that the solution to the problem was "Go and buy a Router in the market" .  He''s obviously never been to the market in Dereham.  Anyway, got a new home hub sent to me eventually, but it required 5 or 6 phone calls to catch an English person through their Kafka-esque call routing system.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I know what you mean about Indian call centres, I bought a PC recently, and my old internet router wouldn''t work with Vista.  Being with BT boradband, I figured I''d ask them if there were any downloads, and if not, whether they could replace the router.  I got put through to some bloke in downtown Bangalore who spent 15 minutes or so firstly, ignoring, and then deliberating the problem with his supervisor, before deciding that the solution to the problem was "Go and buy a Router in the market" .  He''s obviously never been to the market in Dereham.  Anyway, got a new home hub sent to me eventually, but it required 5 or 6 phone calls to catch an English person through their Kafka-esque call routing system.
[/quote]

BT are Rubbish.. their internet Service still comes through old ADSL copper wires apparently...

Virgin Media offer a 10 meg Fibre optic service.... very fast! Excellent in Fact!

Well I get 8Mb down the old copper from BT so its not that bad.

I think you''ll find that what is connected to it is a lot more important than whether the bit of string is copper or fibre optic.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

Well I get 8Mb down the old copper from BT so its not that bad.

I think you''ll find that what is connected to it is a lot more important than whether the bit of string is copper or fibre optic.

[/quote]

Also depends on what you intend doing with all that speed.  If all you are going to do is browse the extra speed wont do much for you; if you want to game or download movies it will.  High speed for the sake of it is a bit of a waste.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I know what you mean about Indian call centres, I bought a PC recently, and my old internet router wouldn''t work with Vista.  Being with BT boradband, I figured I''d ask them if there were any downloads, and if not, whether they could replace the router.  I got put through to some bloke in downtown Bangalore who spent 15 minutes or so firstly, ignoring, and then deliberating the problem with his supervisor, before deciding that the solution to the problem was "Go and buy a Router in the market" .  He''s obviously never been to the market in Dereham.  Anyway, got a new home hub sent to me eventually, but it required 5 or 6 phone calls to catch an English person through their Kafka-esque call routing system.
[/quote]

tell me about it, im a NHS networks technician, and i have to give them a break down of exactly what part of the Radius kit in the exchange is knocking my dsl out, only to be told to turn my pc on and off again, and check the "eaternet" cable is plugged into my pc, when i damm well know its a exchange fault!! and they dont understand what im saying cos it aint on there "script"