Sign in to follow this  
yellowngreen

Peter Cullum Rich list

I see mr cullum is the 4th highest mover in the sunday times rich list. with 1000 million rise! Coming in at number 40 with 1.7 billion and they reckon they are being conservitive.

The Turners come in at 320 with 255m

The question you have to ask though is what is in it for him?   People only invest in football teams for two reasons; 1 to make money or 2 because they have always supported them and are passionate about them. Why would Cullum invest?  He certainly wouldn''t make any money out of us and he doesn''t strike me as a lifelong fan.  Football is a bottomless pit in terms of money. 

Although I''d absolutely love him to invest i just can''t see it

Either of the two reasons u suggest , im not suggesting for one moment that hes going to but as a norwich boy who once played for norwich boys he must have some sort of interest in the club, and if you think that you cant make money from a football club then i think you are being very short sited, the premier has only just scratched the surface in becoming a global brand. When i was in florida last year Chelsea v Norwich cup game was being shown live on a pay channel, when in mexico there was repeats of premier games every evening on the sports channels, The game is going to get much much bigger in the next 10 -15 years. Especially with the emergance of China .   We will be soon saying "well i can remember when they were only on 50 k a week"

Manderics thinks he can make money from a smaller club, the proposed deal at birmingham would have given the golds a healthy profit, The guy up the road aint in it for the fun they just need to get to the promised land, stay there and someone will come along