Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

The Binners will triumph....

(I do not type this lightly)

The best result for Norwich for tonight would be if the Binners went through.

My logic:

-West Ham have recent Prem experiance whil Binners with their defence wont stand a chance.

-London club who can attrack the type of players we are looking at (ie Bently) while the binners couldnt by anyone (and no-one would want to go there).

-Alan Pardew is a arrogant bar steward while Joe Royal is pure comedy.

-West Ham would have to sell some of there decent players on the cheap (ie Carrick) while Binners have no decent players which we would be interested in.

-Norwich never win in London while the Binners equals 6 points.

Crystal Palace are not as bad for us as West Ham but they would still be stronger than the Binners next season.

I agree with the points you make, but from my own personal point of viewI just don''t want them to go up. We are the champions, I don''t care who goes up with us as we proved we are better than them all, but anyone but Ipswich! My logic is, well quite simple really - why should they steal the limelight (and they will) from us? Next season they can go up, I don''t care, but not this time - I want to see us in the premier, us the focus of media attention! I''m not scared of threir ''threat'' as another post said, and yes, i like the derby games, I just think it''d be nice to see Norwich in the Prem for once with that lot playing it out ni Division 1. It''s our turn! :P

Alex

Until the last few days, I would have agreed with you.
But I have to say that I''m now nearer to Turn to The Yellow Side.

I agree with all of his points. I chuckle deeply when I consider their defence and how old Joe''s going to cope - I mean he''s already used every available excuse in the universe - whats he going to say next year?

I think you''re worried about it taking the shine off our success. No way. We are widely acclaimed already. We''re worthy champions. We''ve achieved wonderful PR - Worthy, Delia, Hucks, well run club, etc. We''ve got nothing at all to fear.

Lets be ''aving the Suffolk comedy team as next years Premier punchbag.

As chirpy canary so aptly put it, ''worry ye not''. The eyes of a pregnant newt and the rabid bat wings will be ready by kick off tonight, although the sacrifice of a 20 somethings norfolk virgin would make my spell more potent.

Anyone know of one who''s free, or at least going cheap, tonight?.

ayrton

what a wonderful name, are you covered in marmite and only come out at christmas lol

sorry, must get to the point of this thread

glad to see you are coming round to the point of view, that yes, we all want the binners to come up with us

six easy points next year
someone certain to finish below us

and a few more nervous hours for them

some of you want them to lose out on pens in the final, oh now come on, we need a whole rich season''s entertainment next year and i need to be able to wind up everyone i know who supports them (just joking) :-)

if they get left behind then all is lost for maybe a long, long time, if they''re not promoted they will have to sell, big time and it will take them years to recover, come on their support is already dwindling, they couldn''t even sell out for the play off game, always a pleasure to see all those empty blue seats (apart from when we are there) when they are treated to a full and NOISY ground

i must be careful, some of my oldest mates are ipswich fans - and some of them can use computers pmsl

OK, let''s get our yellow souls and our green hearts sorted out here...

...I for one, would rather see Ipswich as far away as possible from us. If that meant losing six points to West Ham coming up then all well and good, knowing that the Binners are plodding around in Division 1. Remember the glory days in the late 80''s and early 90''s when the only chance we got to play them were in pre-season friendlies and the Zenith Cup? Then we proudly sang that we were the Pride of Anglia, because it was categorically undisputed.

That is what we are talking about here. May they lose to West Ham and not get promoted next year. May they go down to Division 2 if possible. May we meet them in some Mickey Mouse Cup several years in the future and take extreme joy in singing about our Pride with glee...

OTBC!

Yep, I fully agree with you there FF. I''m getting ready to cheer on WHU tonight. NCFC, pride of Anglia. Come on you hammers!!

Wiz, if you are out there, have you managed to find a young Norfolk lass of undamaged reputation for your potion yet? If you need us to stick pins in anything to increase the power of your new anti-Binner brew then just say the word. Me, I''m off to watch the game with everything crossed (not my eyes!) for the right result to soothe my green and yellow soul. For one night and one night only...come on you ''ammers - if only for my boss who is stuck at home very poorly. It might help cheer him up a bit, until a week on Saturday that is.

Nice one 1st Wizzard for the magic spell...You are going to have to work very hard on a new spell to not bring European football to FCR....

sorry wiz, i am well past that sell by date and technically maybe not what you are looking for, but i would have sacrificed myself for your cause

sorry, bit pissed tonight, been over the road to my lovely riverside pub to have a few adnams (the only good thing to come out of suffolk!!)