Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

constantly gets it wrong!!!

Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.

I agree, i think he should be sacked!!! how embarrassing, losing to the pride of anglia, ha ha ha

[quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]

I agree with you that Roeder and NCFC may well  have gone as far as they are going together but I would never liken Roeder to that village idiot Grunt. NCFC were a shambles when Roeder took over so if they stay up  ''job done''. It is what happens next. 

It certainly makes you wonder once the team was announced you could see the midfield struggling. If I was Shackell I would say stuff your yellow shirt to Roeder after all Shackell has the passion for this club Pearce doesn''t and today he was poor. Bertrand had a poor game at left back but who did he have in front of him Huckerby or Cureton our best spell was with Camara at left back with Bertrand in front of him.

Where was Roeder for the post match comments.

Its always the same on here, when we hit a good run everyone praises roeder and then when we struggle its all about sacking him. Its not that simple your judging a man on half a season performance as manager, whos had to work with a below par squad with little financial backing from the board. Lets see what he does in the summer before people start calling for his head. 

The formations, and squad selcetion, the he blames everyone other than himself im certainly puzzled with this.... yes hes got it wrong a few time but sure has got it right as well.

Lol so he''s come in and lifted us off the bottom of the league, had us dreaming of play offs at one point, took us on an amazing 15 game run, suddenly we lose a few games, and people are calling for Roeders head.... Ridiculous!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]Big of you to post that after the game. Hindsight..... it was worth a try

[quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]

I don''t agree with everything Roeder has done and sometimes he''s been guilty of playing certain players to keep them happy (like how he accomodated Cureton in the team today when the obvious choice was Croft). But... to suggest he''s as much to blame as Grant and Duffy is just ridiculous. Especially when you consider he''s only had the January window and loan signings to work with.

Aren''t you the least bit embarrassed by the measly performance today? Im so glad i was on the winning side today, cos if i had to endure that performance today i think i would just end it, lol!!! 

[quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]You are a clown.No club has ever been bottom of the league in November and stayed up.  Under Roeder, we will be the first club ever to do this.  Please think in future before posting.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]

You are a clown.

No club has ever been bottom of the league in November and stayed up.  Under Roeder, we will be the first club ever to do this.  Please think in future before posting.

[/quote]\

It might be wiser to think in terms of conditional future rather than future, Chopsy. But there again the future is so passe these days - it''s all about going forward!

Surely you were around for the Everton/Coventry relegation fiasco 20 or so years ago (and many post-Xmas collapses) and know that anything can happen - so why the certainty?

Do you know what happens if you eat too many bananas?

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="baldyboy"]Roeder i mean, continually picks the wrong formation, tactics, makes bizarre substitutions, blames everybody but himself, the list goes on.  he has had long enough to sort the shambles out, he is to blame as much as grant and duffy this season.[/quote]

You are a clown.

No club has ever been bottom of the league in November and stayed up.  Under Roeder, we will be the first club ever to do this.  Please think in future before posting.

[/quote]

I sick of people trotting out this tired line of "remember where we were in November blah blah blah" as if this means that Roeder is in some way beyond any sort of criticism in a kind of ''emperor''s new clothes'' fashion.

The fact is if we get relegated from the position we were in at the end of February then that would be as bad a job as it was good getting us there and it would be ROEDER''S FAULT.

In terms of the recent team selections and tactics, in recent away matches he has made some blatantly incorrect decisions i.e Leicester, infamously Coventry and again today.  What the hell was Roeder thinking about by playing Cureton ahead of Croft, not only did this unbalance the midfield it deprives us of having a fresh striker to bring on later in the game. In the press in the last couple of days all of the talk was would it be Evans or Cureton- Roeder bottled the decision by playing both - Croft once again the fall guy.

Had Ipswich have scored any one of the THREE chances that they had in the second half as a direct result of Bertrand''s nightmare this would have exposed what was another bad decision by not replacing him at half time with Camara. It was only their poor finishing that masked that - all of the talk this evening would then have been about that lack of decisivness when Bertrand was clearly having a shocker.

No manager can be above blame, even Wenger and Fergsuon.

So because we have caught 10 points on some rubbish teams that were above us (now below) it makes roeder beyond criticism about mucking up today and some other games. Sigh I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. I guess I''ll be told in a minute that gibbs is a superb player and could have nabbed us a last minute goal...[:|]

Some people are absolutley unbeliveable! Glenn Roeder is the best thing that has happend to our club in years. Some people have such short memories. It really is incredible.

Everyone''s gutted tonight after whats happend today, but some of the comments that have been posted on this board since the final whistle are beyond belief.

He is not above criticism but saying he shuold be sacked is ridiculous. And to the person who said they are sick of hearing about where we were i november, you sir are an idiot. This season judge how many points we gathered under roeder vs how many we managed under Grant. You cant say that the only games that matter are the ones post our 13 match unbeaten run.

i have been saying it all season.. if we go down we CANT blame roeder...

The squad isnt good enough... this is not Glenn Roeders fault.. but the squad that went up in 2004 was deceimated...

Nigel worthington, Peter Grant and the Board are all to blame.. Roders come onto a sinking ship and is having to use his finger to block up the hole...

Roeder has inherited a squad, that Like it or not, is Rubbish...

There isnt one position where we have the best player in the division for that position. Dion dublin is old, Darren Huckerbys best years are behind him... he''s past it... Find me a SINGLE TEAM in this division that doesn''t have at least 1 player better than most of ours? even Colchester have Johnnie Jackson... He''s twice the player of Rusty and Pattison.

we have, at best, a team of mid table championship players... Glen Roeder is going to need at least 6 million in the summer to get in the 8 or 9 new signings who can get us to the layoffs.. because the current squad arent even top half material....

I dont care what unbeaten runs, or Carling Opta stats say.. you can paint stats to look as good as you want... or as bad as you want...

the only thing to judge the team by is league position and performances.. the league table is the only thing to go by.. and we are fighting relegation because we are one of the WORST teams in the division.

where are the players who would run through brick walls for the club? the Flecks, the Gunnys, the Malkys, flemmos and Iwans.... Club men who played with passion, commitment and spirit.

Half our squad are out for number 1... as long as they get the wage they dont give 2 shi*s! if they were paid on performance theyd all be paupers.

jas :)

The danger is that we are seeing signs in Roeder of the failings that have cost him his job elsewhere in the past. This man is not a newbie a la Grant or a novice a la Worthington. This man has been in football management a long time. Today is not the first time he has got team selections and tactics badly wrong which has been his downfall certainly at Newcastle and contacts tell me it was the same at Watford. He even watched the Ipswich midweek match against Cardiff. Did he have a blindfold on and learn nothing? We all groaned when we saw the team line up for the kick-off today and knew what was about to unfold. And as sure as God made little green apples the totally predictable happened. Not that I think a different team selection would have made the difference between winning and losing but it sure as heck didn''t help. These were basic, fundamental errors of judgment that we could all see and make me nervous as to just how far this man can take us. I know he has to work with the tools he has, with tools being the operative word in some cases, but did he pick the best team available today? Not many thought so before the game. They were proved to be correct and sadly the only man whose vote counts was proved to be incorrect.  

I like Roeder but it was a big mistake to play Curo on the right wing, he could have gone to the dressing room after 20 mins and no-one would have missed him. Should have taken him off at half time and brought Croft on.

Also would have taken Pearce off at half time as he was having a mere and replaced him with Shackell

I agree with jas. As the saying goes, you can''t make a silk purse from a sow''s ear. Roeder has at least got us to a stage where we have a chance of survival by supplementimng a poor squad with the likes of Evans and getting rid of much of the dross. Even had we had a choice of the top Prem managers I doubt they would have been able to do much more frankly.

NW ripped the squad apart twice- once on promotion and again on relegation. Grant made the situation even worse. 

Its still in our own hands, win against QPR as we had to against Colchester (which Leicester failed to do) and Burnley and we should be OK. A point against WBA would be a bonus.

[quote user="ellis206"]Lol so he''s come in and lifted us off the bottom of the league, had us dreaming of play offs at one point, took us on an amazing 15 game run, suddenly we lose a few games, and people are calling for Roeders head.... Ridiculous!
[/quote]

As the saying goes, for gawd''s sake WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE we''re still very much in a relegation fight. I''m not calling for Roder''s head but I''m definitely not going to praise him either. Managers aren''t judged on a few cherry picked  games but over a season...... in Roeder''s case, he can only be judged at two junctures : end of this season : if we stay up then that''s moderate success and end of next season when hopefully our target is higher than avoiding the drop into the old 3rd division.

[quote user="keatesy"]I agree, i think he should be sacked!!! how embarrassing, losing to the pride of anglia, ha ha ha[/quote]

I thought we were playing Ipswich???????

Yes it was a mistake to play Cureton on the right, however some responsibilty must lie on the players who did not show the passion and commitment needed to win a derby game. Although Crofty looked lively when he came on i still feel we would have lost had he started instead of Cureton as the quality simply wasnt there throughout the team. When Glen took over i wouldve taken 4 points ahead of the drop with 3 games to play!

You are a clown.

[/quote]

Please take off your green and yellow tinted specs before posting.

We''''re going down..............not staying up!.

If anyone is to take the blame it should be the players. They have already proven that they are capable of performing in this league but clearly dont give a toss about taking this club forward. Its the winning mentality we are lacking. As Roeder said - They lack intelligence. Intelligent players want to win every game. The lads we have at the moment don''t. [:@] Give Roeder the chance to build his squad at the end of the season. Then will be the time to judge.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I agree with jas. As the saying goes, you can''t make a silk purse from a sow''s ear. Roeder has at least got us to a stage where we have a chance of survival by supplementimng a poor squad with the likes of Evans and getting rid of much of the dross. Even had we had a choice of the top Prem managers I doubt they would have been able to do much more frankly.

[/quote]I don''t think we are anywhere near as bad a team as leicester or sheff. wed or barnsley or blackpool or coventry. Our team is better than all of those. We have hux, one of the best players in the ccc, we have the golden boot winner from last year, we have an aged but truely superb striker and a very talented young gun. We''ve got a midfielder who played for a team constantly in the top half and a goalie who is second choice goalkeeper for scotland. We shouldn''t have been bottom with grant, we were simply badly underacheiving. Roeder has only made 9 points on those around us. So we have won around 3 times more than they have, impressive. Considering how sorry the other teams are and how weak this league is this season then I don''t this is a phenomenal acheivement. I see too many hall-marks of worthy and grant in roeder for my liking. I am already concerned that he''s getting a cult of personality around him like worthy did.

If we go down Roeder must share the blame, no i dont want him sacked but he has had plenty of the season to put it right, started off great, but mistakes are creeping in and i said it weeks ago not in hindsight.

To me sundays line up was asking for trouble and i would say most knowledgable fans would agree with that, we gifted the binners the midfield, suicide in any standard of football. Who chose the team.

As i say i dont want Roeder sacked but he is starting to worry me, for all his contacts, he really aint attracted much to shout about imo. He has changed winning teams, played guys out of position and more than once has sent out an unbalanced team. But i am willing to give him till xmas see what he does.

When will people see this board get the stick the deserve i cannot believe the easy ride they are getting. Sheepshanks hit it o the head yesterday, clubs of championship stature cannot be run by cosy local fans like it used to be, it now needs major investment if you dont want to be left behind. We need a major investor now as i fear for our future, thats speaking as a fan of 40 years, not a Nancy Negative.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We''''re going down..............not staying up!.

[/quote]

Cmon Wizard, stay positive we''re all fed up enough as it is.