Sign in to follow this  
Tom Livermore

Time to be realistic!!

I can''t believe some of the posts on here!  get a grip.

Roeder took charge of a club on the slide.As we would all agree we had no direction, no proper management and certainly no confidence.

When he was appointed he had to get the players to believe they were good enough.

I whole heartedly admit, i thought we were as good as down when he came in. 8 points adrift, no one could save us with this squad.

But, Roeder slowly made his mark. Changing the team and bringing in players, all be it loanees.Everyone complains about the lack of signings. January is the hardest time to sign players!  Ask Wenger, one of the best managers in the world! prices are so high!

We went on to record a solid run of form and looked good a times, and somehow gathered the confidence to get a 13 game unbeaten run!

How did we manage that with the rubbish we had put up with earlier in the season?! fact is, we didnt. Roeder tweaked the squad and made it happen.

We have suffered a few injuries, which is not trying to cover anything up. admittedly we have a small squad and cant cope. But Roeder realises this and whatever anyone says he will strenghten in the summer.

Yes we lost today to Ipswich and it hurts. But we need to be realistic and as hard it is to admit, they are a better team than us right now. Time to swallow some pride and actually concentrate on our own progress rather than hope for their decline.They have a similar set of players but have built the confidence (at home!) and have momentum at times, which we never had at the right time of the season.

Start believeing, get behind Roeder and his team, and we can get back to where we want to be.

There is no quick fix, but Roeder is working with a squad assembled by Grant, who everyone now says was useless.

So, what more can we expect?!?!!

Stick with it, see us get another win for safety (lets not have a knee jerk reactiion, there are a few clubs below us!) and we will do it.

On the Ball!

[quote user="Tom Livermore"]

I can''t believe some of the posts on here!  get a grip.

Roeder took charge of a club on the slide.As we would all agree we had no direction, no proper management and certainly no confidence.

When he was appointed he had to get the players to believe they were good enough.

I whole heartedly admit, i thought we were as good as down when he came in. 8 points adrift, no one could save us with this squad.

But, Roeder slowly made his mark. Changing the team and bringing in players, all be it loanees.Everyone complains about the lack of signings. January is the hardest time to sign players!  Ask Wenger, one of the best managers in the world! prices are so high!

We went on to record a solid run of form and looked good a times, and somehow gathered the confidence to get a 13 game unbeaten run!

How did we manage that with the rubbish we had put up with earlier in the season?! fact is, we didnt. Roeder tweaked the squad and made it happen.

We have suffered a few injuries, which is not trying to cover anything up. admittedly we have a small squad and cant cope. But Roeder realises this and whatever anyone says he will strenghten in the summer.

Yes we lost today to Ipswich and it hurts. But we need to be realistic and as hard it is to admit, they are a better team than us right now. Time to swallow some pride and actually concentrate on our own progress rather than hope for their decline.They have a similar set of players but have built the confidence (at home!) and have momentum at times, which we never had at the right time of the season.

Start believeing, get behind Roeder and his team, and we can get back to where we want to be.

There is no quick fix, but Roeder is working with a squad assembled by Grant, who everyone now says was useless.

So, what more can we expect?!?!!

Stick with it, see us get another win for safety (lets not have a knee jerk reactiion, there are a few clubs below us!) and we will do it.

On the Ball!

[/quote]

Totally agree with every word of this. Remember Roeder saved our club from league 1 football next season. He is currently working with a bunch of players who have zero ambition to take this club forward. I actually feel for the man. Give him the chance to get rid of all the rotting crap and bring in some players who want to win. Next season we will be much better. I just know it.

Good post Tom.  It was disappointing to lose to Ipswich, but we must remember they have only lost once at home this season.  It was a gamble by Roeder to play four strikers, and had we gone two up who knows what the eventual outcome would have been.  The fact is Dublin, Cureton and Huckerby never really got into the game, our two midfielders were overrun for long periods, and the defenders all decided to have a bad game on the same day.

Whilst the defence were given a torrid time on Sunday,  against Bristol and Burnley they did exceptionally well.  I know some posters have had a go at Pearce and Bertrand after Sunday, but overall they have been outstanding, and you have to remember they are only still in their teens.  I hope we get both of them on loan again next season.

Given the funding, I can see Roeder putting a team together to push for promotion next season.

now now tom, you are being rational, that will never do!!!you''re spot on, people seem to forget the position we were in, and to be even fighting to stay up is an achievement given we were the equivalent to colchester early in the season.West brom, ok they''re good, but colchester gave them a good game and we beat them 5-1, so we must stand a chance.ON THE BALL CITY

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Totally agree with every word of this. Remember Roeder saved our club from league 1 football next season. [/quote]

have a look at the league table.

jas :)

Given the funding, I can see Roeder putting a team together to push for promotion next season.

I hate it when that happens and then you wake up.

Grants squad, theres are least seven or eight Roeder has brought in albeit loanees, they are his choice. Look what Warnocks done with a Palace team next to us when he took over, Blackwell doing at Sheff Utd, last time i looked we ae still very close to div 1. Yes Roeder has done ok but some of the praise goes way over the top also.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Totally agree with every word of this. Remember Roeder saved our club from league 1 football next season. [/quote]

have a look at the league table.

[/quote]

Yeah, mathematically we can still go down so how he has already saved us I don''t know. Theres a 70% chance he has but theres still a sizable chance he hasn''t (although in fairness PG did quite abit of the damage at the start)

Well he certainly has saved us. I mean 31 games to go when he joined and we were doomed! Even if we won all our matches we bascially would have been relegated...

Fellas by this time next Sunday we could be just 1 point off the drop with 2 games to go.... depending on results

how is that "safe"?

Reoder can take us to bigger and better things but he cant do it with just loose change.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

On it''s not the time to get on Roeders Back. But I cant understand cureton playing on the right wing. 

What the Ipswich game does show is how thin and poor and lacking this squad is. We struggle to defend. There is no midfield creativity without Fozzy. And the Strikers?

They are much criticized on here by some, but where would we be squad wise without the loan players. They are papering over the cracks, filling in the holes that will hopefully get us to safety at the end of the season.

What Roeder has done with this Squad is amazing. We were out of it when he took over. Anywhere above relegation will be a great success this season. Yes there were those jumping up and down about play-offs at one point, but that was never going to happen realistically, was it? This season has been all about survival, and in typical Norwich fashion that could go down to the wire as well. Three more games to rescue this season and give Roeder a platform to build upon for next season.

It hurts to loose against Ipswich. Even more so the manner in which we lost. But we will play them again. Then we should be ready for them and they really will be singing the Blues. Don''t they just get on your nerves. There''s something about Ipswich fans, and Ipswich full stop......And I hate loosing to them. So please City get it right for next season. Please!!!!! 

[quote user="BBFF"]

Reoder can take us to bigger and better things but he cant do it with just loose change.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Or in 6 months!