Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

This is what I want to hear from our management!

Jewell promises Derby promotion

Paul Jewell

Jewell has won promotion with Bradford and Wigan (Getty Images)

Derby County boss Paul Jewell is confident his side will win promotion back to the Premier League next season.

The Rams have already been relegated from the top flight after managing only one win so far in the current campaign.

But Jewell told BBC Radio Derby: "The pain we are suffering now, I will repay next season with promotion.

"I have managed in the Championship for four seasons and been promoted twice and finished seventh once, so I am very confident we will get promoted."

Jewell took Bradford into the top flight in 1998 and repeated the trick with Wigan in 2005.

He is anxious to put this season behind him and try to bring the same success to Derby.

"We have got 19,000 season ticket holders for next season," Jewell added. "All I can say to them is that we will get promoted next year.

"I am pretty certain of that with the team we are looking to build and the players we are looking to bring in.

"I am not going to hide behind anything, the results have been rubbish since I have been here.

"I don''t want to keep passing the buck but this season is gone and finished as far as there is anything for us to take out of it. We are just looking to next year now."

That''s funny.  The owner of Colchester has just made a similar announcement that we will be back in the Championship "and this time to stay".

This optimism must be catching...........

You might want to hear that, but with the rebuilding job required and the new squad to assemble and get playing as a team, I''d take 10th place next season.

Personally I would prefer our management to concentrate on the job at hand for now, to then work diligently over the summer strengthening before quietly going about the business of actually getting us into the play off frame next time out.  Jewell''s comments are empty words at the moment and looking at how truly dire his team are at the moment I dont see much to back it up. [:|]

"Talk is cheap" Just listen to Munby & Doncaster

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

"Talk is cheap" Just listen to Munby & Doncaster

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Agreed talk is cheap BBFF. We heard all this from our club in 1995 and again in 2005.

As for the money, we heard all that this season about Charlton Sheffield United and Watford.

It''s best to keep quiet because after 46 games in the Championship those words and the squandered millions can come back and bite you in the a*se.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

this being the same Paul Jewell most posters on here wanted as manager....

jas :)

[/quote]

LOL..........I like your style Jas. [;)]

One win all season?!

They may as well get rid of relegation from the Premier League if this is what happens to teams that go up.

Our generations tulipmania is in full flow! [W]