Sign in to follow this  
JayZ

Norwich v Ipswich stats

ok ok. i agree theres not much difference between us at the moment and agreed we are similar in standards at the moment. As for dwelling on the old days, its not dwelling, its called being proud. For someone to say otherwise shows envy. Ipswich were at one point the equivalent of Man United now, the best team around, i think thats fair to say. We had almost all our players playing for england at one point!

JayZ is my full name shortened, first name is Joe second name begins with a Z. My friends gave me the nickname while i was in junior school, 15 years ago. As for text talk, sorry i was just typing very quickly. I never had a paper round :)

As for a ground owned by the council, so what? its much better than yours. And if the only thing you can say is we have cathedral envy, i laugh at you. By the way, i spend a lot of time in Norwich and granted it is nicer thatn ipswich but over the last 10 years i have seen it get more and more run down, its not the fine city it was many years ago.

i thought i would start this post as i am quite proud of Ipswich back in the day and now and i absolutely destest Norwich. Ipswich Football Club have a much rosier past that Norwich FC and future too at this rate. Maybe promotion wont happen this season for us and part of me wants that as it would give us another season to build a more impressive team with out illgotten cash (who cares as long as its paper with the queens head on? money is money) that would give us chance not to become another Derby which im sure would be the case next season if we do make promotion. That said, what do norwich have to look forward to? a relegation battle? maybe Norwich will be challenging for promotion next season but i suspect it will be to get back into the championship while Ipswich are sitting at the top of the table where we belong again.

SUPERBLUES!

[quote user="JayZ"]As for a ground owned by the council, so what? its much better than yours. And if the only thing you can say is we have cathedral envy, i laugh at you. By the way, i spend a lot of time in Norwich and granted it is nicer thatn ipswich but over the last 10 years i have seen it get more and more run down, its not the fine city it was many years ago.[/quote]I guess your ground is much better than ours... if you like brown corrugated iron, tiers that are only six rows deep and an atmosphere like a blue-themed crematorium situated in downtown Beirut.And as for the assertion that Norwich is getting more and more run down, I guess you must have been spending most of your time in Norwich hanging around Ber Street...

[quote user="JayZ"]

ok ok. i agree theres not much difference between us at the moment and agreed we are similar in standards at the moment. As for dwelling on the old days, its not dwelling, its called being proud. For someone to say otherwise shows envy. Ipswich were at one point the equivalent of Man United now, the best team around, i think thats fair to say. We had almost all our players playing for england at one point!

JayZ is my full name shortened, first name is Joe second name begins with a Z. My friends gave me the nickname while i was in junior school, 15 years ago. As for text talk, sorry i was just typing very quickly. I never had a paper round :)

As for a ground owned by the council, so what? its much better than yours. And if the only thing you can say is we have cathedral envy, i laugh at you. By the way, i spend a lot of time in Norwich and granted it is nicer thatn ipswich but over the last 10 years i have seen it get more and more run down, its not the fine city it was many years ago.

i thought i would start this post as i am quite proud of Ipswich back in the day and now and i absolutely destest Norwich. Ipswich Football Club have a much rosier past that Norwich FC and future too at this rate. Maybe promotion wont happen this season for us and part of me wants that as it would give us another season to build a more impressive team with out illgotten cash (who cares as long as its paper with the queens head on? money is money) that would give us chance not to become another Derby which im sure would be the case next season if we do make promotion. That said, what do norwich have to look forward to? a relegation battle? maybe Norwich will be challenging for promotion next season but i suspect it will be to get back into the championship while Ipswich are sitting at the top of the table where we belong again.

SUPERBLUES!

[/quote]

Wow. Your life must really be hitting rock bottom if your spending your time on here, I mean, your an **** fan. Don''t you have your own messageboards?

Superblues... thats original..

Youre only the... maybe 40th team in football league to use that name?

As for your ground being better...

NO

Clear enough? Looking at the ground, its surroundings and how much you pay to get in, Im not sure you can argue that point

Even your own fansare only willing to fill it to see us!

And if I must...

Last team to win at Bayern Munichs old ground in a European Game-

Norwich 1

Ipswich 0

Been in the Premier recently then?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

NO

Clear enough? Looking at the ground, its surroundings and how much you pay to get in, Im not sure you can argue that point

And if I must...

Norwich 1

Ipswich 0

[/quote]

Oh is that the 2003-2004 season you''re referring to? The one where you came straight back down with a 6-0 thumping by Fulham!!! Or were you referring to the 2000-2001 season that we got promoted, and finished 5th only missing out on a champions league spot on the last day of the season to Liverpool.

[quote user="JayZ"]

SUPERBLUES!

[/quote]

They do make them thick as pig **** dont they? Wouldn''t your name be JoeZ if it was shortened. Sounds like a birds name to me.[;)]

The sad thing for me JayZ is that with the current set up of the Premier League Clubs like ours have no chance of challenging as we did in the past and for those who manage to survive in that league the glass ceiling means the fans just get dissolusioned. At least the FA Cup is refreshing this year - although Semi''s at Wembley don''t seem right.

Promotion via the play offs is probably the fans highlight for many of the sides who used to be part of the fabric of the old First Division.

There is no point dwelling in the past, it doesn''t keep you up and it doesn''t get you promoted.

Two questions for you though:

Why is it Town''s gates can be so low and the supporters so fickle and is that a strength or weakness?

Is it a fact there is no Town message board worthy of the name and are you on here - as are some others - because this is a good forum?

Ipswich finished higher than Norwich last season and will this season. Ipswich beat Norwich at Home this year and last year. Danny Haynes scored against Norwich this year and last year.

Can''t be bothered to count them to be honest, can''t find my abacus.

nice to see how you avoided my post about the league cup wins. start a post about something - complain were not responding correctly - then ignore when I do.

typical $cummer

[quote user="keatesy"][quote user="The Bucketman"]

NO

And if I must...

Norwich 1

Ipswich 0

[/quote]

Oh is that the 2003-2004 season you''re referring to? The one where you came straight back down with a 6-0 thumping by Fulham!!! Or were you referring to the 2000-2001 season that we got promoted, and finished 5th only missing out on a champions league spot on the last day of the season to Liverpool.

[/quote]

hehe. im bored with taking the micky out of the scum. Always good for a laugh after giving them a beating though. see you guys in a few seasons when you get back in the championship.

Come on boys, the Pink Un is a footie paper not holiday brochure.

1) YES, most sane people would agree Norwich is a nicer place than Ipswich.

Now qualify that with Suffolk is as good if not better than Norfolk, if you disagree then ask yourself why would Delia live in Suffolk for the past 35 years rather than live in your ''Fine City''.

2) Town have a much better record of achievement than City.

I won’t bother to trot out all the stats again, but face it the League / Littlwwoods / Milk / Worthington / AnOther Cup didn''t cut it then or now. 

Now if you say that’s all in the 70’s and 80’s well try telling Liverpool or Read Madrid fans they can’t could their trophies from back then.

However I do agree we do the ''nostalgia thing'' too much, the 30th anniversary of our great FA Cup win next month should be the last, and it probably will be because sadly Sir Bobby may not be around for the 40th.

But if you can’t take history, I’m happy to talk about 4pts again this season.

3) Castle, yes you’ve got one, but so has Framlingham and Orford so should we believe their teams are better than Town?

4) Cathedral, yes you’ve got two (well the left-footer one doesn’t  really count as 95% of your fans have never been inside it and its really only a shed at the top of Grapes Hill), but so has Bury St Edmunds and Chelmsford so should we believe their teams are better than Town?

5) Nice place, as I’ve said you’ve got us there, but how is it at all relevant to a footie argument, let’s face it based on that Norwich would be far behind Durham, Chester, Truro or Winchester.

6) Inbred, chavs etc insults.

Sorry, but there''s no difference between the two sets of supporters, other than Ipswich does have a good West Inidan community, where as Norfolk has its Portuguese and East Europeans in Gt Yarmouth, Thetford and King''s Lynn.

7) Chip on our shoulders

Yes, I''ll give you that, Ipswich and Suffolk alwasy believes the Norwich based media, TV, Radio and Newspapers favour their local team.

Luckily their are national stations like Sky and national newspapers like The Times who are able to be balanced.

So le''t stick to footie, if you go down other avenues you just sound silly.

Elmefudd, Re: point 5, I am from Winchester, but Norwich is nicer! now what do I win?

Some fair points there to be honest.

[quote user="JayZ"]

"Anyway, this about football not how scummy our towns arem, we dont dispute that"

"they make a sh*tty town good".

[/quote]

This made me smile. The fact you beieve you live in and represent a shitty town is hilarious!! Where is your pride man.

In terms of football achievements - Last six years -

Norwich - Play off Finalists 02/03, Campionship Title winners 03/04 (8 point gap to 2nd place).

Ipswich - Administartion, Repeatedly losing to West Ham in Play off semis. Hehe. Youre crap.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

nice to see how you avoided my post about the league cup wins. start a post about something - complain were not responding correctly - then ignore when I do.

typical $cummer

[/quote]

I notice he has also conveniently ignored the post outlining our superior performance in the Prem in every respect. Come on JayZ (and Sam, you disgrace[;)]) how many times have Town finished in the top three of the Premiership? I can''t hear you..... speak up! [:)]

[quote user="JayZ"][quote user="keatesy"][quote user="The Bucketman"]

NO

And if I must...

Norwich 1

Ipswich 0

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehe. im bored with taking the micky out of the scum. Always good for a laugh after giving them a beating though. see you guys in a few seasons when you get back in the championship.

[/quote]

yep.. you run away, Ipswich.. thats normally what happens isnt it?

jas :)

erm, top 3 of the top league? i think its 5 times for ipswich, out of those we finished top once, not sure if norwich have ever won it have they?

sorry, i only just noticed your post. Fair enough, you won a couple of league cups, does that make you feel better? campare those 2 cups to whats in our trophy cabinet and its not really worth saying is it?

[quote user="JayZ"]sorry, i only just noticed your post. Fair enough, you won a couple of league cups, does that make you feel better? campare those 2 cups to whats in our trophy cabinet and its not really worth saying is it?[/quote]

Stop dwelling on the past, but  I guess living in such a place you need to cheer youself up with such distractions! Maybe you wouldn''t be so bitter if you lived in a "fine city" with a cathedral?

To be honest, we don''t really begrudge you a little bit of pleasure in an otherwise squalid existence, just make sure you are prepared to partake in a little verbal jousting when you fail to get promoted, don''t shy away now!

read some past posts mate, already done the cathedral thing and come to the conclusion that one of yours is a shed on a hill anyway and so what if you have one? considering this is a football discussion it really makes no difference who has one or not, it doesnt change football scores does it?

dont forget what you just said, if we do go up i''ll take great pleasure in giving you a ribbing for it. I''d be careful what you say in your position anyway, relegation is a real possibilty for you guys so maybe we''ll have 2 things to write about here in a few weeks time.

[quote user="JayZ"]

Just a friendly bit of banter. Lets settle the Ipswich vs Norwich row here and now [:)] can anyone come up with rival stats for each  team? Ill start off........

Ipswich have placed higher than Norwich in league games 42 times.

Norwich have placed higher than Ipswich in league games 19 times.

1 - 0 the town.

[/quote]

Top of the league at Portman Road

Steve Bruces header in the milk cup semi final

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bliss!

Quote:

I notice he has also conveniently ignored the post outlining our superior performance in the Prem in every respect. Come on JayZ (and Sam, you disgrace[;)]) how many times have Town finished in the top three of the Premiership? I can''t hear you..... speak up! [:)]

How do you work that out then? The last time you got promoted, you came straight back down with one of the worst seasons ever (until Sunderland took that title from you) Last time we got promoted, not only did we make the Uefa Cup that season but on the relegation season we got into the Uefa cup again through the Fair play League. So please enlighten me as to how you have exceeded our performance in the Premiership of recent times, and try and do this without "LIVING IN THE PAST" as you regularly quote to us. That means not counting as far back as your oh so successful 1995 season as well.

DDD - Wouldn''t your name be JoeZ if it was shortened

Good point there, still hasnt replied to it. Also he would have written his surname aswell as his forename but he obviously couldnt think of any surnames beggining with the letter Z. [:P]

Erm because the best you have done in the prem is finish 5th whilst we finished 3rd (and in the few years previous also finished 4th and 5th)!

You can''t claim qualifying for the UEFA Cup through the fair play league whilst getting relegated as any kind of achievement! Perhaps if you had tackled your opponents a bit more you would have stayed up!

PS I think you will find that Sunderland took the record points low from erm....... Ipswich so far as I can recall! The previous record having been set in the same season Man United put about 12 past you at old Trafford. We went down on the last day with about twice as many points

oh ok then, how many surnames do you know that begin with a Z? not many which is why im not putting mine up on here, its pretty unique.

[quote user="JayZ"]erm, top 3 of the top league? i think its 5 times for ipswich, out of those we finished top once, not sure if norwich have ever won it have they?[/quote]

No I said top of the Premiership - I was going to ask if you can read but that''s a stupid question isn''t it. Anything else you want to twist, scummer?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Erm because the best you have done in the prem is finish 5th whilst we finished 3rd (and in the few years previous also finished 4th and 5th)!

You can''t claim qualifying for the UEFA Cup through the fair play league whilst getting relegated as any kind of achievement! Perhaps if you had tackled your opponents a bit more you would have stayed up!

PS I think you will find that Sunderland took the record points low from erm....... Ipswich so far as I can recall! The previous record having been set in the same season Man United put about 12 past you at old Trafford. We went down on the last day with about twice as many points

[/quote]

Erm, Ipswich have won it mate (62). And have been runners up twice.

It was called something different or can''t you think back before 1992? How convenient.

If that is the case, Norwich have not won anything - lol.

2-1.

This is really getting tiresome everyone!

Ipswich have had a successful past. There, I''ve said it!  And in all honesty I don''t care as they will never attract my support and like Sunday''s defeat it is history.

I have seen little of Ipswich as a Town but have no interest in finding out more. I do like the County of Suffolk which has some attractive towns and I am not afraid to say so. Whether anyone from outside Norfolk has a view about my part of the world I care little as it is plenty good enough for me.

I have no inclination to act aggresively towards any Town supporter but I am not prepared to tolerate crap from any individual.

I''m couldn''t give a rat''s arse what Town go on to do or fail to do but I am concerned about Norwich getting points on Saturday and I wish we would simply get on with looking at the crucual next game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

This is really getting tiresome everyone!

Ipswich have had a successful past. There, I''ve said it!  And in all honesty I don''t care as they will never attract my support and like Sunday''s defeat it is history.

I have seen little of Ipswich as a Town but have no interest in finding out more. I do like the County of Suffolk which has some attractive towns and I am not afraid to say so. Whether anyone from outside Norfolk has a view about my part of the world I care little as it is plenty good enough for me.

I have no inclination to act aggresively towards any Town supporter but I am not prepared to tolerate crap from any individual.

I''m couldn''t give a rat''s arse what Town go on to do or fail to do but I am concerned about Norwich getting points on Saturday and I wish we would simply get on with looking at the crucual next game.

[/quote]

Just an amusing bit of banter. It has entertained me on and off through the day and it has been more of a laugh than the usual sniping and factionalism which usually characterise this board. As Rob Brydon would say ''its just a bit of fun''. [:)]