Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Leicester are the key!

Looking at the remaining games of the clubs, I can see all the others getting enough points to send us down. They all have games on the last day against sides with nothing to play for!Except Leicester who have Sheff Wed next and then Stoke. Both these games will be tough so I am rooting for a Sheff wed win in this! Then at least if we lose away on the last day having lost to QPR also. We still have stoke to do us a favour in winning themselves automatic promotion.If leicester win however, it will be a 2 horse race between us and Sheff Wed to decide it! Oh dear!!!So come on Wednesday!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Looking at the remaining games of the clubs, I can see all the others getting enough points to send us down. They all have games on the last day against sides with nothing to play for!Except Leicester who have Sheff Wed next and then Stoke. Both these games will be tough so I am rooting for a Sheff wed win in this! Then at least if we lose away on the last day having lost to QPR also. We still have stoke to do us a favour in winning themselves automatic promotion.If leicester win however, it will be a 2 horse race between us and Sheff Wed to decide it! Oh dear!!!So come on Wednesday!!!

[/quote]If Leicester win though, we only need a draw against QPR.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Looking at the remaining games of the clubs, I can see all the others getting enough points to send us down. They all have games on the last day against sides with nothing to play for!

[/quote]In that case Fulham shoudn''t have beat us 6-0 as they had nothing to play for in our Prem season. It''s a myth that teams with nothing to play for usually lose - they play with free abandon against teams that are tense and nervous. Good football gamblers always bet on the team thats playing for nothing to score first - statistically over the past 5 years on the last 3 games of the season it''s a great profit.

We may yet have Southampton to fall back on... they have two very hard games away at West Brom then at home to Sheff Utd.

I don''t agree, I think that Leic will beat Sheffield Wed and they will beat us in the last game which would mean we would go down on goal average.

That leaves Southampton who I don''t think will beat WBA but could beat Sheffield Utd.

All of which means a point next week could be enough , on the other hand ................

Southampton may be the critical team for my money as well.  Surely WBA will beat them next week at their place, so if we just get a point against QPR (and with our 7 better goal difference) we would be 3 points clear and would really have to see a Fulhamesque performance from us and a Saints landslide on the last day for us to go down.

That said, it is pathetic that we are all scrabbling around looking for other teams to now do us a favour at this stage when we were looking safe on the back of that unbeaten run at the start of the year.

The joys of supporting Norwich......

[quote user="cityangel"]

I don''t agree, I think that Leic will beat Sheffield Wed and they will beat us in the last game which would mean we would go down on goal average.

That leaves Southampton who I don''t think will beat WBA but could beat Sheffield Utd.

All of which means a point next week could be enough , on the other hand ................

[/quote]

That''s how I see it Angel.

A point next week is the minimum requirement. I''ve said all along that 52 points won''t be enough but 53 probably will.

I''m praying for a point next week and a Leicester victory which will make for a happy Saturday night.

We may yet have Southampton to fall back on... they have two very hard games away at West Brom then at home to Sheff Utd.

Am in work today (in Southampton) and they are pretty worried. If they lose to West Brom (quite likely) they face the prospect of James Beattie putting them down on

the last day of the season........and don''t ex-players always do that to you !!

Mark .Y.

There are a lot of theories here that involve us having to get a point i.e Angel and Ricardo.That is my point, if we fail to get a point against QPR and lose away to Sheff Wed then we need Sheff Wed to win against leicester.Then:leicester can lose at stoke (Can see stoke getting a point to secure Promotion)                   orSouthampton can lose against Sheff Utd (Can see the saints winning this)I am worried that we are going to get no points and certainly hope it does not come down to the last game! Our players seem incapable of playing under pressure i.e Our terrible record on Sky etc...I have had some money on us at 20/1 to ease the pain if we do!! Will down my sorrows with a holiday!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]There are a lot of theories here that involve us having to get a point i.e Angel and Ricardo.

That is my point, if we fail to get a point against QPR and lose away to Sheff Wed then we need Sheff Wed to win against leicester.

Then:

leicester can lose at stoke (Can see stoke getting a point to secure Promotion)

or

Southampton can lose against Sheff Utd (Can see the saints winning this)

I am worried that we are going to get no points and certainly hope it does not come down to the last game! Our players seem incapable of playing under pressure i.e Our terrible record on Sky etc...

I have had some money on us at 20/1 to ease the pain if we do!! Will down my sorrows with a holiday!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

It may well turn out that Stoke will be secure in second spot but can''t win the league. In which case won''t have the same edge needed to beat Leicester.

Or we can hope that Coventry and Barnsley lose their remaining games by enough goals to pip them on goal difference.

In any event it all seems to be panning out just as I feared after the Bristol City loss. The point lost there could turn out to be crucial.

Personally, I think if we lose to QPR then it''s all over.