Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Can we trust Roeder to pick the tight team for QPR ?

So after today''s results we now know that a win at home to QPR next week and we will definately be safe -asLeicester play Sheff Weds. A draw - and should either Leicester win or Southampton lose against WBA next week and we will also be safe.

Those are the facts and ordinarily I would be fairly comfortable with that situation, however should the football league issue us with another total inept clown to referee next Saturdays match then this of course will be thrown into chaos. But perhaps the single biggest thing that I will be worrying about for the next 7 days what on earth Roeder will have up his sleeve for the team selection.

Todays decision to play Gibbs ahead of Russell was mystifying but I''m just no longer suprised anymore - I can''t actually remember the last match I went to where Roeder picked the side that was expected.

It seems incredible that with 2 games to go he still feels compelled to chop and change his side and even now apparantly doesn''t know his best side.

We have no choice!!! We must beat QPR, end of.

This will be the make or break game because we are never gonna get a good result at Sheff Wed with our(Fulham) last game syndrom.

Beat QPR and then start raying.[;)]

To be fair, Gibbs was picked to play wide ahead of Pattison, but Pattison was preferred in Centre-Mid to Russell.  That''s one I can''t work out.Surely he has to play:MarshallOtsemobor, Pearce, Doherty, BertrandChadwick, Russell, Fozzy (c), HuckerbyDublin, Evans?

next week he will probably pick croft at left back going by his last two bizarre team selections along with gilks up front!!

Since you have been there at all the training sessions and have seen the physio reports i can only assume you all know which is the definate correct side to counter QPR?

We did not think we were going to win yesterday but we came damn close and it was a good game - we missed a few key chances. To me this is Roeder putting out the correct team and Norwich losing to a team who are top of the league for good reason - by one goal. Hardly a demolision.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]If the question really is can he pick the TIGHT team, surely Pattison must get a game? [B][au][/quote]Yes, or maybe we should bring back all the scotsmen we''ve jettisoned.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

So after today''s results we now know that a win at home to QPR next week and we will definately be safe -asLeicester play Sheff Weds. A draw - and should either Leicester win or Southampton lose against WBA next week and we will also be safe.

Those are the facts and ordinarily I would be fairly comfortable with that situation, however should the football league issue us with another total inept clown to referee next Saturdays match then this of course will be thrown into chaos. But perhaps the single biggest thing that I will be worrying about for the next 7 days what on earth Roeder will have up his sleeve for the team selection.

Todays decision to play Gibbs ahead of Russell was mystifying but I''m just no longer suprised anymore - I can''t actually remember the last match I went to where Roeder picked the side that was expected.

It seems incredible that with 2 games to go he still feels compelled to chop and change his side and even now apparantly doesn''t know his best side.

[/quote]I''m sorry did I miss something last weekend? After watching that diabolical performance at Ipswich I would have choped and changed everyone if I could have.I love this board at times everyone here seems to think they know better than Roeder, but yet their average experience amounts to some pub sunday football and watching Norwich every other weekend, which is apparently now equal to a UEFA coaching license.You bang on about how Gibbs probably shouldn''t have played today but in all honesty any other striker than Cureton yesterday and we would have had a draw at least, he may be our top scorer but in my eyes with the amount of chances he''s had this season he should have been the golden boot winner again.I trust Roeder to get the job done, how many of you would have given anything for Norwich to be in this position back in November and at the end of the day if Norwich do go down, the blame must be laid at the feet of the board, who after all put Grant in charge and put us in this mess in the first place.

low ice, there lies part of the problem with you and a host of other fans!! we NEARLY won, but just in case you forgot we LOST. the performance was NOT great, but then many people as i have said on here before are happy that we lose fighting. surely its better to win 1-0 with an ugly performance?

all this we nearly won, we were unlucky gets on my tits, its what many city fans are happy with and until people realise it ISNT acceptable to play ok and nearly win nothing will change at this club.

No neither can I. Sad thing is he''ll no doubt be here next season to complete the job.

Can we trust Roeder to pick the tight team for QPR ?

Whoops  !!!- of course I meant the RIGHT team - see how my concerns are even affecting my spelling !.

Well to all those who are sure Roeder will get it right next weekend I hope your''e right - I really do.

I''ve been watching football long enough to have an opinion on what I believe to be the wrong team and the reasons that Roeder gave as to why he played Cureton on the wing last Sunday instead of i.e Croft as he ''wanted as many goalscorers on the pitch as possible'' was quite ridiculous - to hell with team shape and balance - there was me thinking the best player to play on the right wing was a right winger.

As for yesterdays selection - I ''ve already mentioned the Gibbs / Russell debacle but thinking back only two weeks against Burnley, if I recall Pattison had possibly his best game for Norwich on the right side of midfield - allowing Huckerby to move to his more favoured left.

Why not repeat this yesterday ?

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry did I miss something last weekend? After watching that diabolical performance at Ipswich I would have choped and changed everyone if I could have.

I love this board at times everyone here seems to think they know better than Roeder, but yet their average experience amounts to some pub sunday football and watching Norwich every other weekend, which is apparently now equal to a UEFA coaching license.

You bang on about how Gibbs probably shouldn''t have played today but in all honesty any other striker than Cureton yesterday and we would have had a draw at least, he may be our top scorer but in my eyes with the amount of chances he''s had this season he should have been the golden boot winner again.

I trust Roeder to get the job done, how many of you would have given anything for Norwich to be in this position back in November and at the end of the day if Norwich do go down, the blame must be laid at the feet of the board, who after all put Grant in charge and put us in this mess in the first place.
[/quote]

The problem is Roeder went on a good run where we rode our luck but since the run came to an end he hs dropped the ball imo. btw never underestimate supporters knowledge of football.

We could have played 16 sets of 90 minutes, we would never have got that 2nd goal and even if we had they would have gone 3-2 up. Blame it all on cureton but gibbs and pattison contriubte nothing going forward and relying on hux and fozzy to make everything is crazy.And just to add, no I don''t trust roeder to pick the right team. Since Hull I wouldn''t even trust roeder to pick up a penguin.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry did I miss something last weekend? After watching that diabolical performance at Ipswich I would have choped and changed everyone if I could have.

I love this board at times everyone here seems to think they know better than Roeder, but yet their average experience amounts to some pub sunday football and watching Norwich every other weekend, which is apparently now equal to a UEFA coaching license.

You bang on about how Gibbs probably shouldn''t have played today but in all honesty any other striker than Cureton yesterday and we would have had a draw at least, he may be our top scorer but in my eyes with the amount of chances he''s had this season he should have been the golden boot winner again.

I trust Roeder to get the job done, how many of you would have given anything for Norwich to be in this position back in November and at the end of the day if Norwich do go down, the blame must be laid at the feet of the board, who after all put Grant in charge and put us in this mess in the first place.
[/quote]

The problem is Roeder went on a good run where we rode our luck but since the run came to an end he hs dropped the ball imo. btw never underestimate supporters knowledge of football.

[/quote]

....particularly in the way that they explain what we should have done right after we''ve lost a match.