Sign in to follow this  
Archie

ian crook

just in case no one had noticed on evening news site he is managing american samoa,the second worst team in the world,who have never ever won a match. would be good if he eventually came here in a coaching role,he says in the article that he wants to come to england at some point

thats pretty depressing for Crooky. I imagine there''s quite a low expectatioon threshold out there for success.

out of interest who are the worst international side in the world?

Pretty depressing? I can just imagine the Chipster working on his tan, eating fresh lobster, chilling out with a pinacolada on the beach at sunset, having the occasional trot around the pitch with the lads to work off last night''s barbeque. The man is on holiday!

Montserrat are the worst international team in the world, ranked 204th. American Samoa, obviously, are 203rd. I''m off to stop being some sort of geek.

Joe Royle''s next job will be managing Monserrat

"Obviously, the table doesn''t show the whole picture and, apart from our defence we are clearly the best team in the world"...

Good point Flick - I wouldnt mind a couple of months coaching Am Sam on that basis. What I meant was that it is not forwarding his career as a coach (id like to see him back in Norfolk at some point).

Thanks Tacklebury, am I right in thinking that there have been several catastrophic volcanic eruptions on Monserrat over the last few years? They have lost much of the population as the island is inhabitable in large areas. Even if they still have a usable football pitch I cant imagine sport is too high on the agenda at the moment. Am Sam therefore are the worst international team currently competing in the world - they lost 31-0 to Australia - not even the Binners and their shaky defence have got that bad - yet!

Well, seeing as there''s no good gossip doing the round at the mo, I did a google search on Volcanic activity in Montserrat. Go to this website:

http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/current_volcs/montserrat/montserrat.html

I think a brief scan of the page shows why football might not be their biggest conern just now!!

I really must stop this "research" malarky - where''s some absurd rumour about some has-been destined to sign for Norwich?!?! Help me, please!!