Sign in to follow this  
why do we do it!

Pre match build up to the QPR game

Next week - I think we all agree - is a big/ important game. This game is due to be preceeded by the annual playerof the year awards.

May I make a suggestion and ask the opinion of others.

I suggest that we cancel the presentations before the match and present them after the final whistle, The players can then fully focus on the job in hand. and the preparation will not be interupted. Normally once the final home game is over the players come out for the "thank you" lap and the fans that are interested can stay behind for this and the presentation of the awards.

Anybody got any views either way???

I wonder if the Chairman would venture onto the pitch if we suffer defeat against QPR, and thank us all with pretentious heartfelt and ''sanctimonious pap-speak'' for our loyalty and unwavering support......Then state (deja-vu) that the board will be doing their utmost to ''learn from past mistakes'' and return us back to where we rightfully belong''.......[|-)]

I''ll sit in my seat 5 minutes before kick-off......Then at fulltime, (whatever the result) I certainly won''t be hanging around in the ground for anything after the game......

But, that''s only my personal choice....

Why not cancel the whole thing , who would want to be the player of the year ? I think it devalues our memories of the great Barry Butler . I cant think of one player who would not be embarrassed having their name linked with the greatest centre half ever to play for our beloved club on this season''s showing . arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Why not cancel the whole thing , who would want to be the player of the year ? I think it devalues our memories of the great Barry Butler . I cant think of one player who would not be embarrassed having their name linked with the greatest centre half ever to play for our beloved club on this season''s showing . arrdee.[/quote]Sling it in with "The Greatest" and hold it all behind closed doors.

Arrdee no need to cancel the whole thing according to one Sunday Newspaper Derby are not presenting their player of the season award to any player,because they dont think anyone is worthy of it, instead they are making their player of the season the fans we could follow suit but nobody at our club would have either the foresight or balls to do it.

great idea WDWDI.but as arrrdeee said, do any players deserve player of the season???so, pre match - why don''t the players form a huddle in the centre circle - for morale purposes - and a young ball boy could crouch in the middle of them, and spin the BB trophy around.  when the trophy stops spinning, the player its pointing to would win the award.  so simple and easy - you know it makes sense!!!