Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

SURVIVAL SATURDAY ?

CANARY TIM

So we are now only 3 points off the last relegation place.

But its worse than that because we have to play the team that occupy that said relegation place.....away ! And they crucially have a better goal difference.

To me now it is straightforward  we must beat QPR on saturday, and I note alot of much wiser scribes than myself seem quite confident of this (Mr Aitken for one).

But I am sure  Southampton fans thought a Burnley team with nout to play for was their banker, as did Leicester supporters regards Colchester at home.

The truth is this is one of strangest leagues of all time WBA will win the league but will be way off our points total the year we won it, and  the phrase anyone can beat anyone in this league is truer than ever.

The truth is we could already be safe, and it is true that some of the teams below us do have hard games left but to ensure we do not rely on others victory against QPR is  essential.

The nightmare scenario of needing a point at Sheffield Wednesday ( Fulham anyone) must be avoided at all costs, to be honest I do feel if we are not safe this coming Saturday then we will be down or reliant on others, which when you consider the job Roeder has done to get us into this position (remember October/November) will be more than a crying shame.

Qpr away was probrably one of the worse moments in 40 years of supporting City, yes worse than the Lol Morgan era or even Bryan Hamilton`s time so if that was the agony lets make Saturday the ecstasy with 3 points and safety.

PS We do not want Crofty or Shacks et al coming out in the loacal papers saying we want revenge for last time v QPR, lads do your talking on the pitch !

Be it win or draw, we need to better Wednesday''s result next week and we are there. As long as we do that then the other clubs need not come into the equation.

[quote user="canarytim"]

CANARY TIM

So we are now only 3 points off the last relegation place.

But its worse than that because we have to play the team that occupy that said relegation place.....away ! And they crucially have a better goal difference.

To me now it is straightforward  we must beat QPR on saturday, and I note alot of much wiser scribes than myself seem quite confident of this (Mr Aitken for one).

But I am sure  Southampton fans thought a Burnley team with nout to play for was their banker, as did Leicester supporters regards Colchester at home.

The truth is this is one of strangest leagues of all time WBA will win the league but will be way off our points total the year we won it, and  the phrase anyone can beat anyone in this league is truer than ever.

The truth is we could already be safe, and it is true that some of the teams below us do have hard games left but to ensure we do not rely on others victory against QPR is  essential.

The nightmare scenario of needing a point at Sheffield Wednesday ( Fulham anyone) must be avoided at all costs, to be honest I do feel if we are not safe this coming Saturday then we will be down or reliant on others, which when you consider the job Roeder has done to get us into this position (remember October/November) will be more than a crying shame.

Qpr away was probrably one of the worse moments in 40 years of supporting City, yes worse than the Lol Morgan era or even Bryan Hamilton`s time so if that was the agony lets make Saturday the ecstasy with 3 points and safety.

PS We do not want Crofty or Shacks et al coming out in the loacal papers saying we want revenge for last time v QPR, lads do your talking on the pitch !

[/quote]

CanaryTim,

I have never said we will beat QPR on Saturday. In fact, on the contrary, I have often become frustrated at the number of games over the past few months that have been marked down as guaranteed three-pointers.

What I have said is that I think we''ll stay up, but it will be very close. And if we do survive, it will be as much down to other teams'' ineptitude as down to our own efforts.

even if we lose our games, i can''t see us going down - maybe goal diff - but we''ll avoid the dreaded drop imo.  however, if we fail to leave it in our hands, and need to rely on other teams screwing up to help us out - I would see that as a major NO CONFIDENCE VOTE against the city board.  in any event - its clear we need to spend £3m to AVOID relegation next year.  to have a credible tilt at promotion - £5m this year and the same next - if roedy''s  2 year strategy is to be believed.

But we wont go down.That smarmy Neil Adams on canary call says so..............Whos gonna contact him first if we do?.........

Don''t think my nerves can stand another "survival Saturday"!  It reminds me all too much of "survival Sunday".  Of course we all remember that...  We went into that day in pole position to survive and got well and truly stuffed.  Shows just how mismanaged this club has been that we''re facing the prospect of relegation yet again and so soon - except this time to Div 1!

Its simple, as long as we win it doesnt matter what anyone else does. We will be safe on 55 points.    QPR have won once on the road since the turn of the year so as good as they may be, they are beatable away from Loftus Road.   

Why do smoe posters post on here like they want us to go down. I''m sure no city fan really does want that just so they can phone up poor old Neil Adams. Anyway, if any of you do phone in don''t forget to tell him how good he was at taking penalties. Oh, and ask him what they do in training all day. Oh, and try and get the words Dohertry and abysmal in the same sentence. And don''t forget to make it plain you didn''t go to the game but you watched it on the wireless [:P]