Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Chadwick

I think we''ve missed Chadwick this season. I know we''ve not seen him play consistently but he''s a goal scoring midfielder who can run at players but also has the ability/desire to get back and do defensive duties. He''s ideal as a wide midfield player (as opposed to out and out winger) in a 442 formation with either hucks or croft on the opposite flank. Any way good to have him back, wonder what his hair cut is like at the moment.

[quote user="Jason and the Argonauts"] Any way good to have him back, wonder what his hair cut is like at the moment.
[/quote]

He''s virtually bald now, very monk like![:D]

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I completely agree. Although Croft should not be on the field imo.

Chadders, Chadders . . . . Chadders!

[/quote]Even though he was one of the instrumental players in the great run of form we had?I have to say people that are critical of him seem to miss all of the things that he does for the team especially when there is no Darren Huckerby available, and again the lad is what 22/23 how hard do you want to be on him? Its the same with Marshall, people love to criticise him but considering his age he is damned brilliant - not miles off Green when he was at that age with us.Its strange what people forget with time.

Completely agree Chicken, it seems that unless you are brilliant every week you will get criticised for 1 bad performance. These lads are 22/23 years old and have the ability to turn into real stars at FCR aslong as they are allowed to make mistakes and learn the game, even Dion makes mistakes its just that people only see the good things he does. Lets give everyone a fair crack of the whip, you never know these might be the players to get us back in the Premiership next season. 

Chicken - i do not criticise Marshall. He is brilliant for his age and has gained us a lot of points single handedly this season. One that particularly sticks in my head was his stop against Preston which we all thought as one on one was in.

Croft however has not won us a single point this season.

I agree chicken, I think it''s a harsh comment. He''s better than many of our current crop of players and has out performed huckerby on occasions this season. His main problem is consistency and the stats show he''s not scored or made a telling impact with assists, but then he''s not alone!

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I completely agree. Although Croft should not be on the field imo.

Chadders, Chadders . . . . Chadders!

[/quote]

Can I ask what exactly you have against Crofty, each thread I see about him you are slating him.

chadwick is superb, when you watch hucks and croft etc, you get the feeling they will create just 1 good chance, and if someone misses it, they will turn and look at the player as if to say, " should of scored that, now were in for it"whereas with chadwick, he will create numerous chances, he encourages people, if a striker misses a good chance he just seems to get on with it, as if to say "dont worry, i will create another one for you"he is ontelligent, quick, and he adds a different dimension to, get down wing and bomb in cross, he can actually split a defence up...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Jason and the Argonauts"] Any way good to have him back, wonder what his hair cut is like at the moment.[/quote]

He''s virtually bald now, very monk like![:D]

[/quote]Lol, don''t always agree with what you say Wiz but your good value for money. :)

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Chicken - i do not criticise Marshall. He is brilliant for his age and has gained us a lot of points single handedly this season. One that particularly sticks in my head was his stop against Preston which we all thought as one on one was in.

[/quote]Like I said who would you say has outfield then? Croft hasn''t many assists to his name but if you go through that great run of ours he was pretty much a decent part. It takes a team to win a game and at very few times this season has he even been close to be being carried by the rest of them.He has a part to play in games especially the way that he links up with Otsemobor.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Like I said who would you say has outfield then? Croft hasn''t many assists to his name but if you go through that great run of ours he was pretty much a decent part. It takes a team to win a game and at very few times this season has he even been close to be being carried by the rest of them.

He has a part to play in games especially the way that he links up with Otsemobor.
[/quote]

Chicken throughout this season i would say that Huckerby and Chadders have linked up better with Otsembor than Croft.

Huckerby on in the one maybe two games they have played together but that amount of pace on one side was awsome! However the defensive isuse would be a problem.

However early season Chadders was better at reading the reading the game to accompany Semi than Croft. Also do you not feel when Semi has been criticised for not overlapping it has been when he was paired on the right with Croft - i personally feel he does not feel too confident with Croft. Perhaps because the fact that nothing ever comes of his attacks he would have to stay back.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its hard to tell if Chadwick is the man or not he is always injured, i think he is Darren Anderton''s love child.[/quote]

HAHA!

jas :)

I thought it was good to see Chadders back yesterday, I thought he did OK when he came on. Does anyone think that Roeder should risk starting him against QPR, or would it be a bit too soon and safer to have him on the bench??

I think it''s good that chadwick is back, as his workrate is second to none, but i can''t see how we could play both Croft and Chadwick in the same side. That would mean dropping one to the bench, and at the moment I would give Chadwick a chance to start, with Crofty coming on after about 60/65 minutes if Chadders isn''t doing that much. Brilliant problem to have though.