Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

So whats this about Tom Miller?

I thought we were short of Central Midfielders? How come we spend two years giving Tom our best for him to go to Rangers? Tell me, tell me, tell me. What is behind this story?

[quote user="Bobert"]How come we spend two years giving Tom our best for him to go to Rangers? Tell me, tell me, tell me. [/quote]

Why cause an argument over a player you know nothing about? Its called sh*t stirring.

Ill tell you why we gave him "two years" only to let him go to Rangers - because he was not up to the standard required to take the club forward.

Well we dont rate him enough to sign him but Rangers think that he is good enough for them.Similar to Rangers thinking Ian Murray wasnt good enough and Norwich thinking that he was.   We all know the rest...............

[quote user="Duffman"]Well we dont rate him enough to sign him but Rangers think that he is good enough for them.

Similar to Rangers thinking Ian Murray wasnt good enough and Norwich thinking that he was.  

We all know the rest...............
[/quote]

So is he going to join the long list of players that we mistakenly let go?

Who were they again??

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[quote user="Bobert"]How come we spend two years giving Tom our best for him to go to Rangers? Tell me, tell me, tell me. [/quote]

Why cause an argument over a player you know nothing about? Its called sh*t stirring.

Ill tell you why we gave him "two years" only to let him go to Rangers - because he was not up to the standard required to take the club forward.

[/quote]

Nice attitude again there Yellow Ice. Bobert - I will offer you a civilised answer to this. The reason Miller left was because Roeder arrived and saw nothing in him and therefore released him. This is fair enough. However the fact that Rangers have snapped him up with a 2 yr pro contract is very concerning. I have faith in Roeders decisions, especially when it comes to judging players mentality and intelligence on the pitch.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

explain the logic of going from a chmapionship side in a relegation fight to a Top Scottish side in europe? Really not "Taking the club forward" isnt it?

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Well we dont rate him enough to sign him but Rangers think that he is good enough for them.

Similar to Rangers thinking Ian Murray wasnt good enough and Norwich thinking that he was.  

[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

In fact Robert Green apart, who from the  youth players has proven themselves decent?  Shax perhaps?  Any other names??

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

In fact Robert Green apart, who from the  youth players has proven themselves decent?  Shax perhaps?  Any other names??

[/quote]

Depends on how far back you want to go.

Now under Robert Chase..................and some family silver was even left fo this lot to sell on.

OTBC

[/quote]

Did Rangers not think Ian Murray was good enough at one time too? That''s why they signed him in the first place; right? What''s to say the exact same thing won''t happen with Miller, i.e. they sign him, realise he''s not All That after all and let him go?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

explain the logic of going from a chmapionship side in a relegation fight to a Top Scottish side in europe? Really not "Taking the club forward" isnt it?

jas :)

[/quote]

Really Jas this is a ''time will tell'' one.

Also the fact that it is a professional deal is beyond the point - since he hits 18 in June he could not have any other kind of deal e.g. youth deal.

Also Rangers can afford to have more players on their books where as we have to be more careful.

What annoyed me about the original post was the agression in it towards Roeder. He was going to be technical director for arsenal so i imagine he has the ability to see good youth players.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now under Robert Chase..................and some family silver was even left fo this lot to sell on.

OTBC

[/quote]

If you are implying that this lot have ruined the academy then may I just point out that under the new travelling rules the likes of Bellamy, Eadie, Green, Akinbiyi etc. would have never been at the club to be sold on in the first place.  Chris Sutton was the only local lad to come through the academy.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

[/quote]

This was my point when you clamoured for Worthy to play them all [:|]

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Well, the NCFC board aren''t up to the standard required to take the club forward......but they''re still here.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Well, the NCFC board aren''t up to the standard required to take the club forward......but they''re still here.....

[/quote]

Yowwwwwwwwwwww mello.

Yrrrrr baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd today! Yes sirrrr!

Good job it''s your opinion based on deep analysis and absolute logic, otherwise nutty would be on here foaming and fuming about ''inaccurate facts'' and ''dates & timeframes'' not controlled by an atomic clock or tuned into Greenwich.

OTBC

Yellowice there was no agression in my orginal post against Roeder. You read something that was not there although I must say that your argument that Roeder "was going to be technical director of Arsenal so ...... has the ability to see good youth players" is a bit weak.

If the club is going to spend money on training youngsters I expect the club to get some reward for the effort. That reward may be in the form of players for the first team, transfer fees from other clubs or even a return from the player himself if, and when, he signs professional forms for a club. After all these days England and Wales expect University graduates to pay off their tuition fees.

I don''t see that NCFC should train children just for the fun of it - do you?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]

This story gives an interesting insight into Glen Roeder''s ability to identify a good player when he sees one:

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3250

[/quote]

...though the same story (pretty much) is also on this site.  Is a shame we didn''t gamble on him at the time, Baldock is hardly far for our scouts to have got to!!

Time will tell with him, but we do have to trust GR with this. Remember when both Hayes and Crow left, we were all lamenting this and were not happy. Plenty of players have left many aclub in the past and will do in the future. Its up to the player now to prove Norwich wrong and good luck to him I say.

I think we and infact every football fan has this weird thing with players, if they play for other clubs they are pants, if e miss out on the target then he is the best player since George Best and if they left,well then we will sorely miss him. Lets face fact, yes the future counts but if he had the slightest hint of being a decent player GR would have kept him. Rangers  have the money and resources to snap up players and see how they get on, remember when players leave bigger teams as youngsters, generally the get snapped up quickly and they can make there mark on football.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Well we dont rate him enough to sign him but Rangers think that he is good enough for them.Similar to Rangers thinking Ian Murray wasnt good enough and Norwich thinking that he was.   We all know the rest...............[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

If you are implying that this lot have ruined the academy then may I just point out that under the new travelling rules the likes of Bellamy, Eadie, Green, Akinbiyi etc. would have never been at the club to be sold on in the first place.  Chris Sutton was the only local lad to come through the academy.

[/quote]Please, not this tired old excuse again because frankly, it''s nonsense.  The travelling rules only apply to players under 16 so that in no way means we could not have signed the players you mentioned.  Danny Haynes was not in our "area" yet he had a trial with us.  Take a look at some of the players Gibbs lines up with Arsenal in their youth team, the likes Van Der Berg and Szczesny certainly are not within the travelling time permitted.  Asmat El Ouargui played for our academy, I don''t recall him coming from Barnham Broom?The truth is once a player is 16 we can sign who we want from where we want, our scouting has just not been good enough.  I am sure Roeder will change that though.

I have watched Miller train and play youth and reserve football all at home and my view is the boy has got a excellent attitude on and off the pitch and I know from talking to the boy myself that he loved playing for Norwich City and in my view was the most improved player for both teams this season he has now started to fulfill his potential and has been released by Glen Roeder who has never even watched the boy play.

I have watched boys at Norwich for the last 5 years and Miller is more than good enough for this level of football coached by the right people would be a excellent addition to Norwich City fc

OUR LOSS. RANGERS GAIN SUPRISE SUPRISE

Proffessional deal because he is more than good enough if they wanted players on their books then surely they would of chose local scottish boys.

This boy has been there trialed for them and earnt himself a 2 year pro contract not a 1 year (you work it out)

Technical Director  ( kieran gibbs, james henry, ) in place of what we already have at the club this is very good talent spotting [:O]

This boy deserves a chance and Rangers have given him one based on ability and potential so why dont we all give him a chance because from what i have heard about him from the training ground he more than deserves one

GOOD LUCK MR MILLER

Its strange that Gladiator says Roeder has never seen the boy play,I have heard the same story.

It appears he never attends Youth team or Reserve games even when he can.I also heard from someone connected to the Youth set up that Renton has been offered a 3 year deal and turned it down-which is strange considering the story on main site today.The amount of money Roeder is paying Gibbs on loan would pay for these boys for the season.I also heard a rumour that a couple of the 1st year pros have been released ,but offered similar deals to Miller at other championship clubs,it appears Roeder does not rate them but the rest of the coaching staff do.

Roeder hasn''t had any faith in any of the youth players at all whilst here. Spillane, Rossi Jarvis, Martin and Eagle have all proved they are good enough at this level. I certainly think some of them deserve their place on merit in the team considering some of the rubbish we''ve seen. I don''t think anybody can tell me gibbs is better than eagle or that pattison is a million miles better than spillane.

[quote user="Fellas"]Roeder hasn''t had any faith in any of the youth players at all whilst here. Spillane, Rossi Jarvis, Martin and Eagle have all proved they are good enough at this level. I certainly think some of them deserve their place on merit in the team considering some of the rubbish we''ve seen. I don''t think anybody can tell me gibbs is better than eagle or that pattison is a million miles better than spillane.[/quote]

Compare any of them to the likes of Ryan Bertand and Ched Evans or even a couple of the lads at Palace like Moses and Scannell and you must be able to see how far away they are from being any real use.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Who were they again??

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please, not this tired old excuse again because frankly, it''s nonsense.  The travelling rules only apply to players under 16 so that in no way means we could not have signed the players you mentioned.  Danny Haynes was not in our "area" yet he had a trial with us.  Take a look at some of the players Gibbs lines up with Arsenal in their youth team, the likes Van Der Berg and Szczesny certainly are not within the travelling time permitted.  Asmat El Ouargui played for our academy, I don''t recall him coming from Barnham Broom?

The truth is once a player is 16 we can sign who we want from where we want, our scouting has just not been good enough.  I am sure Roeder will change that though.
[/quote]

You have answered that for yourself.  Bellamy, Eadie, Green etc. had all been at the club before they were 16.  Asmat El Ouargi was 16.  Danny Haynes was 17 I believe and had been released by a london side.  Truth is any decent youth player with potential is snapped long before they are 16.

And how do you know Van Der Berg & Szczesny aren''t local lads.  London is after all a multi cultural city :)

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Roeder hasn''t had any faith in any of the youth players at all whilst here. Spillane, Rossi Jarvis, Martin and Eagle have all proved they are good enough at this level. I certainly think some of them deserve their place on merit in the team considering some of the rubbish we''ve seen. I don''t think anybody can tell me gibbs is better than eagle or that pattison is a million miles better than spillane.[/quote]

Compare any of them to the likes of Ryan Bertand and Ched Evans or even a couple of the lads at Palace like Moses and Scannell and you must be able to see how far away they are from being any real use.

[/quote]How do we know that? They''ve never played and when they have they have played well. I thought both eagle and martin were superb last season and thought they were future first teamers. Spillane impressed at the start of the season. They''ve never had the chance to prove they can do it which is what betrand and evans are getting.

[quote user="Fellas"]They''ve never played and when they have they have played well.[/quote]

Contradiction?

Anyway apart from Spillane (who I think has been a tad unlucky not getting more games), the rest of the young players we have, judging by their performances, are nowhere near good enough and Evans, Pearce and Bertrand just blow them out of the water.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Fellas"]They''ve never played and when they have they have played well.[/quote]

Contradiction?

Anyway apart from Spillane (who I think has been a tad unlucky not getting more games), the rest of the young players we have, judging by their performances, are nowhere near good enough and Evans, Pearce and Bertrand just blow them out of the water.

[/quote]Agree to disagre my friend but I really don''t know what''s happened to Martin. He looked such a promising young player last season. Even if it is down to an attitude problem then why has he got that, and is anybody at the club trying to solve it. It is a shame. I just don''t think the youth players have been given the fair run they deserve compared to the likes of gibbs who is not good enough. I''m a personal fan of Eagle and I''m sure he wouldn''t have done a worse job than the games Gibbs has played this season.

[quote user="sandboy"]

Its strange that Gladiator says Roeder has never seen the boy play,I have heard the same story.

It appears he never attends Youth team or Reserve games even when he can.I also heard from someone connected to the Youth set up that Renton has been offered a 3 year deal and turned it down-which is strange considering the story on main site today.The amount of money Roeder is paying Gibbs on loan would pay for these boys for the season.I also heard a rumour that a couple of the 1st year pros have been released ,but offered similar deals to Miller at other championship clubs,it appears Roeder does not rate them but the rest of the coaching staff do.

[/quote]

You say the other coaching staff rate him and Roeder hasn''t seen him play. Its not rocket science but if he hasn''t seen him play who do you think informed him that he wasn''t good enough?!

One thing Roeder is good at is recognising youth. Look at his record at WHU and Newcastle? Whats the point in giving youngsters 1-2 yr deals who are not going to improve our starting 11 at this point? A makeover of the academy system will take yrs as Roeder will raise the bar. Lets be prepared to not see many coming through in the next 2 yrs.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Contradiction?

[/quote]

Agree to disagre my friend but I really don''t know what''s happened to Martin. He looked such a promising young player last season. Even if it is down to an attitude problem then why has he got that, and is anybody at the club trying to solve it. It is a shame. I just don''t think the youth players have been given the fair run they deserve compared to the likes of gibbs who is not good enough. I''m a personal fan of Eagle and I''m sure he wouldn''t have done a worse job than the games Gibbs has played this season.
[/quote]

I agree on Martin as he clearly has the talent but something went wrong somewhere down the line. And on Gibbs who is hopeless; to be honest I would certainly rather have one our own young players in there rather than him.