Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

2007-08 - Monthly Microscope On Managers

A diary of events based upon representative poster inputs over the months of 2007-08.

End Of September

It''s just a matter of time before we start to reap the benefit of Peter Grant''s Scottish connections. Once the team gels we''ll be soaring like an eagle. What a mess at Leicester, as they go through managers like toilet paper. Thank goodness we''re stable.

End Of October

Thank the Lord that twit Grant has gone. He misunderstood what he was charged with. We wanted the promise land, while he must have understood the requirement as the hinterland. Now we''ve brought in Glenn Roeder, a proven loser and ugly to boot. Not as ugly as Tony Mowbray however. Why did we ever let Aidy Boothroyd go. Look at what he''s doing with Watford, they''ll clinch the Championship without even trying the same way we''re a dead cert for relegation. Just a matter of time before Robson gets the boot at Bramall Lane. Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha. Boy, did we luck out on avoiding that clown.

End Of November

A slight improvement. Didn''t you just love the way Glenn had the boys fighting back against Ipswich. After just a few days in charge too. He''s not bad looking when you really look at him and he does make a lot of sense when he talks. Compared to Grant it''s like a breath of fresh air. Nobody understood a word Grant had to say anyway. That had to be the problem. "Go Aidy Go" down at Vicarage Road. Might as well give Watford the title now. No one will touch them. That''s what we should expect from the yellow shirts. Didn''t understand Ian Holloway taking over at Leicester when he had Plymouth in the playoff positions. Like the way Ian talks though - he''ll get Leicester sorted in no time. We should have gone after him.

End Of December

We seem to be on the move - finally. Stupid Board should have taken action sooner on Grant. We''d be where Crystal Palace are now. Smart move by Jordan to get Warnock in. Say what you like about Neil, he knows how to get his team pumped up and get results. Magilton has Ipswich in a playoff spot already. Imagine what he''ll be able to do when he gets his hands on that 12 million.

End Of January

Not surprised Watford have started to slip. Always said Boothroyd''s too big for his britches. Really think we''ve got the right manager for the long term at Norwich. There''s a good fit there. Glenn has great connections and this augurs well for our future. Some say we''re only five points away from relegation, prefer to look at it as 9 points off a playoff position. Just seven points behind the Scum too. We just need a few games to overhaul them. Whatever happened to that 12 million they were going to spend Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

End Of February

We''re flying now. Top half of the table. On a promotion pace. Only seven points out of a playoff spot. Just love Glenn Roeder. Match made in heaven. What a twit that Holloway was for joining Leicester. Can''t believe there were some people that wanted us to go after him. Guess where we''d be now? Same goes for that clown Warnock. Palace are falling apart....no surprise there then.

End Of March

Can''t believe some of the idiots on this forum who thought we might challenge for a playoff spot. We''re going down matey. Sinking like a stone. How come clubs like Bristol City, Stoke and Hull can achieve what they are when their attendance is nowhere near what we have. They have good managers too. Anyone noticed Roeder''s true colours are coming out now. Changing a winning team has cost us big time. Same problem he''s had at previous clubs, but much quicker demise with us.

April 

No stopping WBA now. They were always the class of the division. Mowbray may not be pretty but he''s got football savvy. Roeder is playing the loanees to keep his managerial connections happy. He''s thinking about his future - not ours. If we go down, and we''re going down, then Roeder will be on his way anyway. It could have been worse. We might have got Holloway or Robson. But how much worse could it have been? Watford are crap. They only know how to play hoofball. Can''t believe they have only gained as many points as Norwich in their past 25 games and it looks like they are in the playoffs. That won''t last long. Boothroyd doesn''t have a clue. Must be his Norwich training. Still think we should have gone for Warnock. Palace are a good candidate to go up now.

End Of Season Prediction

Lots of infighting. Get the gloves out. We want to land telling blows but we don''t really want to hurt each other do we? After all, we all love our club.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Changed my mind.

Second best thread of the season.

[/quote]

Okay Rudolph, you obviously want me ( or someone ) to ask, "What was the best thread of the season?"

Pray tell.

Not sure this is what you want to hear Rudolph but I would opt for the Free Bet thread or what is now known as "Ray''s Funds For Foncy."  I think it has generated ongoing interest through the season for quite a few participants and even for some who don''t participate. If, on the other hand, you were thinking of a single thread then I will let you take a stab at that one, all self-promotion excepted of course.

YC, having re-read my comments, I hope my brevity was not misconstrued as sarcasm. That was the most accurate & amusing post I''ve read on here for ages. I think a lot of posters should read it & reflect on their repetitive & obsessively negative posts rubbishing just about everyone & everything at the club.

It''s football. It''s life. Get over it

[quote user="ron obvious"]

YC, having re-read my comments, I hope my brevity was not misconstrued as sarcasm. That was the most accurate & amusing post I''ve read on here for ages. I think a lot of posters should read it & reflect on their repetitive & obsessively negative posts rubbishing just about everyone & everything at the club.

It''s football. It''s life. Get over it

[/quote]

Ron, thanks for your compliment. I took your first comment in the way you intended.

I love this post.  Excellent summing up!

I read the Pink Un messageboard most days and frequently think I should stop as it seems to me so full of negativity.  Understandable I suppose given the season we are having.  So brilliant to get an injection of real humour - especially this week when everything seems to hang in the balance.

From one exiled City Supporter to another - thank you YankeeCanary for making me laugh.  Have drawn it to the attention of other City Supporters that I know. 

Have you thought about writing a blog for the Pink Un?  If you''ve got the time, you should!

Fantastic post Yankee.  I don''t often summon up the energy to reply to posts on here - mostly because they''re pretty pointless.  This though, is a work of genius.   Well done!(And it''s so indicative of the fair-weather supporters on here - especially Wiz...!)

Great post - worryingly accurate!

Perfect summation of the season, the club, the fans and football in general!