Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Was life under Mr Chase really that bad?

"Actually under Delia we''ve had a combined turnover of more than £150,000,000.

Of which approximately 3% is currently invested in our first team. (And that''s assuming we got a generous £5m if we sold them all and seeing as how half don''t even belong to us and two of our best are set for retirement at the end of this season how we''d ever get £5m for the team is beyond me. Value our team at a more realistic £2.5m saleable value and the percentage of turnover reinvested in the current squad drops to under two percent.

One can only speculate where we might be now if we''d set a sensible and moderate figure such as 10% of turnover to be available for transfers each year. I don''t know which business model this Club is following but if it were made by Airfix I''d be taking it back to the shop complaining thereare several very important parts missing"

To be fair, i think the £5m figure is about right as a valuation for the squad.  One thing that no-one has ever given me a good explanation for is how we have ended up with a squad which cost about the same as those which took the club to the play-off final and promotion, after three years in which the club have raked in £35m tv money and £18m in player sales.  The board have pulled off a staggering feat of deception in my view, but the fact that so many people have fallen for it and still can`t see it, makes me think that the human race is far more gullible than i always believed.  Worrying really.