Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Sheff Weds (a) ..may yet turn out to be a good fixture.

Pessimistic, I know, but should it all go horribly wrong over the next 3 games - the fact that we have still got to play Sheff Weds who may be 1 or 2 points above us come the last game of the season, may yet turn out to be a godsend. At least we would still have the situation in our own hands instead of relying on other results on the final day !

I couldn''t disagree more.

Remember what happened last time we just needed to win to survive?  Yes that''s right we lost 6-0 to Fulham.  When the pressure''s on, we fail!  The sooner we''re safe the better (although I''m sure you agree there)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]At least we would still have the situation in our own hands instead of relying on other results on the final day ![/quote]

Remember what happened the last time we were in that situation [:S]

With any luck it won''t come to that.

no way!!!!

In that situation you cant afford a mistake... one mistake and thats it your down! Sheffield wednesday would happily take a nervy 0-0 if it meant we dropped...we''d have to go there getting a win and thats when mistakes would be made....

We got Relegated in the week leading up to Fulham with the now infamous "We''re lucky to be here" comments and attitudes from people at the time... we''d be dead and buried at Hillsboro if we did that again!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no way!!!!

In that situation you cant afford a mistake... one mistake and thats it your down! Sheffield wednesday would happily take a nervy 0-0 if it meant we dropped...we''d have to go there getting a win and thats when mistakes would be made....

We got Relegated in the week leading up to Fulham with the now infamous "We''re lucky to be here" comments and attitudes from people at the time... we''d be dead and buried at Hillsboro if we did that again!

jas :)

[/quote]sure thing jas - no way do we want to be needing a result at s.wed to stay up.  and yeah - the ''fate in our own hands'' BS turned out to be worthyless - as fulham routed us and then rubbed our noses in it.   yeah - full circle for them this season.  but nerves destroyed our team at craven cottage - the boys lined up in the tunnel cr@pping themselves big time.  fulham did their best to let us score early, we bottled it, and they score from their first attack - priceless. the rest is history..........master stroke by worthy leaving an in form svenny on the bench.  doh!!!

Yes, I take your point about the Fulham match- but on that day we went into the game in the driving seat, in this scenario we would go into it behind,  the pressure would be on Sheff Weds. 

Which would you prefer on the last day- playing against a mid-table team knowing that even a win may not be enough depending on results elsewhere or playing against a side where you know a win against them definately saves you from relegation ?

I really and sincerely hope, that our Championship survival is not dependant on us requiring a positive result at Sheffield Wednesday.......