Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Player Ratings v Burnley

Marshall - 7 - solid, great 2nd half save at 1-0

Otsemobor - 6 - not his best game, poor at the back and little going forward

Pearce - 6.5 - distribution poor, defence solid

Shackell - 6.5 - doesn''t inspire confidence but did okay

Bertrand - 7 - had fun with Huckerby tormenting a poor Burnley right hand side.

Pattison - 7 - his best game for Norwich?

Fotheringham - 6 - a couple of good moments but quite anonymous

Russell - 7.5 - played really well, great energy and dug us out of it a couple of times

Huckerby - 8 - MOM today, looked something like his old dazzling self

Cureton - 5.5 - how many more chances will he spurn?

Dublin - 7 - worked hard, took his goal well.  Lots of touches our team didn''t read.

Evans - 7 - looked lively, tackled back and did in 20 minutes what Cureton couldn''t in 70

Doc - not on the pitch for long enough (though too long for some people, obviously)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Marshall - 7 - solid, great 2nd half save at 1-0

Otsemobor - 6 - not his best game, poor at the back and little going forward

Pearce - 6.5 - distribution poor, defence solid

Shackell - 6.5 - doesn''t inspire confidence but did okay

Bertrand - 7 - had fun with Huckerby tormenting a poor Burnley right hand side.

Pattison - 7 - his best game for Norwich?

Fotheringham - 6 - a couple of good moments but quite anonymous

Russell - 7.5 - played really well, great energy and dug us out of it a couple of times

Huckerby - 8 - MOM today, looked something like his old dazzling self

Cureton - 5.5 - how many more chances will he spurn?

Dublin - 7 - worked hard, took his goal well.  Lots of touches our team didn''t read.

Evans - 7 - looked lively, tackled back and did in 20 minutes what Cureton couldn''t in 70

Doc - not on the pitch for long enough (though too long for some people, obviously)

[/quote]

Strange how some people see a different game. I thought Fozzy ran things in the middle.

For me it was between Pattison and Bertrand for MOM with Huckerby not far behind so thats two 9''s and an 8..

Everyone else deserves 7 except Jamie. Oh dear Oh dear.

He gets a five for turning up in the correct colour kit.

Marshall - 7 - Pretty solid, generally better distribution than normal
Otsemobor - 7 - Slightly suspect defensively but caused a few problems going forward
Pearce - 8 - Barely put a foot wrong all afternoon
Shackell  - 6 - Generally competent but awful distribution
Bertrand - 7 - Linked up well with Huckerby
Huckerby - 8 - Best game for a long time; played well on the right but was even better on the left
Russell - 7 - Really put himself about
Fotheringham - 7 - Solid, good tackling and passing, often flatters to deceive but played well today
Pattison - 8 - Excellent, great energy, tackling and passing, he was everywhere, runs Huckerby close for man of the match
Dublin - 7 - Some great touches and was involved in most things
Cureton - 5 - A couple of nice touches but was generally anonymous and missed two more great chances

Evans - 7 - Looked very lively and got really involved in the game; the total opposite of Cureton

Marshall - 6 - I have been critical of him but did not much wrong today, but still needs to work on his crosses.  He alaso made to great saves.

Ostemabor - 6 - Quiet today, didnt do anything bad, but he didnt do anything to special.  Still a solid game though.

Pearce - 5 - Was quite dodgy at times and he had poor distribution, Shackell did the work at the back today.  His worst performance so far.

Shackell - 7 - Did really well today, he made some great challenges and headers, he also did well to clear up Pearce''s mess sometimes.  He still needs to work on his distribution.

Bertrand - 8 - This boy is class.  He had loads of great touches, pulled of great passes and linked up well with Hucks.  Another great game.

Pattison - 8 - One of his best Norwich games, he did well on the wing putting in good crosses and he worked hard all game. 

Fozzy - 6 - He was quiet, and didnt really do much.  He didnt do anything wrong but, nothing special, but a solid performance.

Russel - 7 - Another good hard working game, got stuck in and got forward well.  Another good performance from him.

Hucks - 8 - A dazzling display, just like the old days.  Him and Bertrand had fun down that wing and he enjoyed running at their right back.  You could tell from the first whistle he was up for this.  Well played Hucks.

Cuereton - 5 - Very poor today, a striker is supposed to score goals and he just dosn''t.

Dion - 7 - Another good one from the ''big man''.  He took his goal well and made lots of great touches.  If others could read his touches we would be through on goal more times in one match than Colchester have all season!!

Evans - 7 - Did well when he came on, and took his goal well, he worked hard all the time and he really deserves a place against the scum.

Doherty - 6 - He didnt have much time to shine so thats why his score is low, but he did make me laugh trying to keep up with Hucks when we were on the break for the second goal.

A good performance from the lads Big Smile [:D]

Marshall - 8

Otsemobor - 6.5

Pearce - 7

Shackell - 8

Bertrand - 8

Pattison - 8

Fotheringham - 8

Russell - 7

Huckerby - 7

Cureton - 5

Dublin - 8

Evans - 5.5

Marshall - 7 - Not much to do but made one really cracking save from Lafferty (I think!)

Semmy - 7 - Reasonably quiet, got forward and linked with midfield well

Shackell - 6 - Ok defensively but poor distribution

Pearce - 8 - I like this lad more every time I see him, would love to see him and Taylor together

Bertrand - 8 - This kid is quality! Such a good touch and linked v well with Hucks and also looks like he''s learning the defensive side quickly too, really hope we can have him again next season!

Fozzy - 8 - Controlled things, broke up Hull''s play and played with passion. A good captain''s display.

Russell - 7/8 - Very good 1st half but bit quieter 2nd. Fought hard, won lots of headers in midfield and got forward too.

Pattison - 7/8 - Prob his best performance I''ve seen. Worked very hard, box-to-box and passed well.

Dion - 7 - His usual majestic self and took his goal well. Didn''t actually threaten goal much though but he''s a legend and we''ll miss him a lot!

Curo - 5 - Off day

Evans - 7 - Worked really hard and looked threatening. Smashed the vital goal home from a v tight angle.

Generally very good against a half decent Burnley side. A few too many silly individual mistakes but we have a TEAM now and a proper captain and it feels like the gap between supporters and players has shrunk a lot. Great day! 

Marshall - 7 - solid performance as always

Otsemobor - 6 - average today, lacked his attacking flare

Pearce - 7 - strong and made some crucial challenged

Shackell - 6 - Another fair performance from Shackell

Bertrand - 8 - Carried on from where he left off, excellent

Huckerby - 9 - Attacking like he was 21 all over again, deserves a new contract

Russell - 7 - Without him our midfield is weak, energy and strength in abundance

Fotheringham - 8 - One of his better games in the yellow and green, worked with Russell very well

Pattison - 7.5 - Slowly evolving into a very effective player

Dublin - 7 - Another performance from Dion which resulted in a good goal and some useful flick ons

Cureton - 4 - I say no more...

Subs: Evans - 8 - Came on and looked a breath of fresh air, closeing down defence took his goal superbly well

Doherty - Agree with Mr Chops, not on long enough to be given a rating

1. Marshall 7 - wasn''t overly stretched but when asked to make saves did so with aplomb and kicking looks to have greatly improved2. Ostemobor 6  wasn''t hugely tested today , I would argue that he needs to press a little bit higher up the field when were on the defensive but didnt really make a mistake , didnt do much going forward.5. Pearce 7.5  Looked solid, assured and comfortable in his position , has all the qualities to be a top center back would make a great signing and would have got a higher rating had he been tested more often 6. Shackell pretty quiet afternoon , didnt really put a foot wrong but was particuliarly commanding either3. Bertrand 7.5  Absoloute class act, looks like a young Ashley Cole to me , pace, control, spatial awareness and didn''t give the ball away once. 4. Pattison 8 - Best game in Norwich city colours ? Very good reader of the game. Useful going forward and backwards, should have made better use of his chances but the infamous drink driving incident is probably the best thing to have happened to him 7. Huckerby 9 MOM - back to his old best, scintillating runs right through the Burnley team and could have had 2 , set up Dublin for his goal and worked really well with Bertrand.8. Fotheringham 7 Going forward at times he looked like he might pull the strings and make things happen but didn''t and I felt there were times when he could have just got the team sitting on the ball , especially with about 5 minutes to go.9. Dublin 8 Another top class performance from a player at the end of his career , won headers, layed the ball off well, got his goal and a standing ovation to boot10. Cureton 6 A player that will purely be judged on whether he sticks the ball in the back of the net or not, missed a pretty simple header and does hardly anything off the ball but he always gets himself a chance and that should be noted.11. Russell 7 Almost cost us a goal with a bizzare run late in the game , he bounded round the pitch well and often won the ball but has had better days. Evans - superb 15 minutes, made things happen played well off huckerby and struck home his finish brilliantlyDocherty- Played upfront circa Premiership days and didn''t do too badly , touch is always clumsy but the lad is earnestScouting Report : Kyle Lafferty - looks a decent player , missed a sitter but his presence and first touch are the mark of his class

Fine performance and once again we can thank Marsh for an amazing safe at 1-0.

Marsh- 7

Otsemabor- 7

Shackell- 5.5

Pearce- 6.5

Betrand- 7

Hucks- 9

Pattison- 8

Russell- 7.5

Fozzy- 6.5

Cureton- 5.5

Dion- 8

[quote user="Fellas"]

Evans - 5.5

[/quote]

Evans, 5.5, you must be joking!!!  When he came on he changed our attack in a posistive way and he scored a cracker which was also a vital goal.  I dont know how you can only give him a 5.5!!!  Were you and me watching the same game??

STARTING 11Marshall - 8 - Made 2 cracking saves.Otsemobor - 8 - Rock Solid, Let nothing past him.Shackell - 6 - IMO looked fairly shakey, but didn''t do anything that put us under any real pressure.Pearce - 7 - Assured as always, sign him up. Won''t be much more than 750K. Him and Taylor I feel could possibly be the best central defence partnership in league if we get them both.Bertrand - 8 - Very solid going forward aswell as back. Get him back for another season at least.Huckerby -  9 - Vintage Huckerby, and yes, I''ve been a doubter recently.Fotheringham - 8 - Ran the midfield and put his foot on the ball. Best passer of the ball on the pitch.Russell - 7 - I really would hate to play against him. Never gave up on anything and was always in Burnley''s faces. Most consistant player this season.Pattison - 9 - Best performance in a city shirt. Proved that he can adapt and become a handy winger, whilst still offering the grit and determination we know him for.Dublin - 8 - Scored and didn''t lose a ball in the air I don''t think. Quality that defyies his age. Thanks for everything Dion.Cureton - 5 - Neads 10 chances to score. Wouldn''t have scored if he was still playing now.SUBSEvans - 8 - Scored at brilliant goal and looked 10 times the player Jamie did.Doherty - 6 - Didn''t have enough time to do anything.OTHERSRoeder - 7 - Me thinks that Evans will start on Sunday.............Referee - 6 - In fairness, he was good to us. Late on a lot of decisions though, and was picky when it came to tiny things. But hey, better than last week''s..............MOM - Huckerby/Pattison - Couldn''t possibly split them up. Quality.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Very high ratings for a side against a very poor team[/quote]

They''re not that poor generally, as their league position suggests - and anyway we made them look poor.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Very high ratings for a side against a very poor team[/quote]

What would you give then? Besides the reason they were poor is probably because we played well.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="Fellas"]

Evans - 5.5

[/quote]

Evans, 5.5, you must be joking!!!  When he came on he changed our attack in a posistive way and he scored a cracker which was also a vital goal.  I dont know how you can only give him a 5.5!!!  Were you and me watching the same game??

[/quote]Well considering he was only on for around 20 minutes. Wasted quite a few good chances. Messed up an easy pass to put pattison through on goal to score. Managed to get his goal eventually, although whther it was vital when it was in the last minute of time against a team that never looked like scoring all day, I don''t know. I think a lot of people got carried away with players contributions. If you look back "boyo" i generally give all subs a 5 or 6, a 7 if they do very good. I don''t generally dish out high ratings very often either unless I thought a particular player really changed the entire game and led the line.

Whoops, missed out Hucks from my ratings! Our chinese had just arrived so I was rushing, lol

Huckerby - 9 - The real Darren Huckerby stood up today, it appears he''s back to full fitness and on today''s performance he definitely can save Roeder a sizeable ammount of dosh and stay another season. Oh Huckerbyyyyyyyy.........

Marshall  - 7 - One good save in each halfSemmy - 5 - Made some basic errors. Ran hard to little effectPearce - 7 - Thought both he and Shacks were solid without being spectacular, he is growing in confidence. We should try to hang onto him next seasonShacks - 7 - solidBertrand - 7.5 - very good game defensively and worked very well with Hucks going forward in the second halfPattison - 7.5 - worked his socks off, very effective, good crosses too - nice to see us with two out and out wingers. Roeder was making sure he stayed out wide too, especially in the 2nd halfHuckerby - 8.5 - Fantastic. You could sense the anticipation every time he got the ball. did well on both wings, but best on the left where he kept cutting in. The full back hadn''t got a clue how to deal with himFotheringham - 6.5 - did okay, but nothing special - did the basics well thoughRussell - 7 - won a lot of balls, especially in the 2nd half. Was the key in the middle of the parkCureton - 4 - Barely saw him and missed a couple of very good chancesDublin - 7 - good game, won a lot in the air. the pivot up front, but sometimes expected a lot of the people around himSubsEvans - 7 - Had a point to prove today and did so. offers so much more than Cureton

Marshall   7   Did well, one crucial save, better in the air and better distribution.

Otsemobor   6   Not up to his recent standards, didnt see the attacking threat, but solid enough.

Bertrand   7   Impressive showing. We need to keep him for sure. Reasonanly quiet, but neat and tidy. Didnt put a foot wrong.

Shackall   7   Good performance. Did well to keep a strong Burnley strike pairing quiet.

Pearce   8   Again, showed his ability against decent opposition. Cut out erverything.

Huckerby   8   Back to close his old best, was involved in both goals, ran with pace and was the best attacking player on show. The difference between the sides. Sign him up.

Pattison   8   Ran his socks off, hard in the tackle, and also some good attacing bursts. He''s getting better.

Russel   7   Didnt do much wrong. Neat and tidy.

Fozzy   8   He''s here, hes there, he''s every..... Lively, energetic and impressive.

Cureton   5/6   Misseds 2 decent chances and didnt get in much either.

Dublin   8   Got his goal and won everything in the air. Ive been a critic of him a bit recently, proved wrong!

Subs:

Evans   7   Looked lively and bagged a goal. Keep him!

Doherty      7   Just because of the defensive tackle / flick he did to set the break up for the 2nd goal. A replacement for Dion? Joke

Those who are giving Fozzy 6 and saying ''he didn''t do much'' should have your season tickets confiscated and given to people with eyes.He was absolutely superb yesterday. You could see before the game how fired up he was, going round each player in turn with a high-five and a word. In the first few minutes he was indeed ''here, there and every ****ing where'', breaking up virtually every Burnley attack and establishing our control of the game. He almost never gives the ball away, even if that means passing back or sideways occasionally - he was at the heart of virtually every move. In the last five minutes he was still giving it everything, berating Huckerby in hilarious style for not getting back and defending when we were 1-0 up. Commitment, tackling, running, passing, leadership. What more do you want from your captain and CM?Hucks caught the eye, but Fozzy was my MOM yesterday. All in all an excellent performance, probably the best of the season.

best midfield performance of the season.

marshall   7

otsemebor 6

shackell 6

pearce 7

bertand 7

huckerby 8

fotheringham 7

russell 7

pattison 8

cureton 6

dublin 6 (DION DION everyone time he loses the ball... christ he even gets sycophantic adulation for warming down after being withdrawn at bristol - i think i need to start taking a sick bag to matches)

Marshall - 7   One world class save in the second half

Otsemabor - 4    Poor today, got caught out of position too often and seemed asleep

Shackell - 7   Solid display, likes to get the supporters into the game, most of his passes seem to end up in the crowd

Pearce- 7   Good display overall

Betrand- 8   I had thought that he was too lightweight, but what a performance today.  Looked the real deal - if he can get consistancy to the end of the season we MUST keep him

Hucks- 9   Great to see him back

Pattison- 7.5     Worked really hard passed well

Russell- 7.5   Ditto Pattison

Fozzy- 7   Good captains performance today

Cureton- 3   Oh dear - on the bench next week with green hair!

Dion- 7   His vision sometimes too good for his team mates but a class above at times

Evans   8   Stuck record time - but HE MUST START.  Looked really good today when he came on - again!

[quote user="thenut"]

the idiot gives Pattison a 7 and says its his best game?!?! He was at least a 9 his work rate was world class.

[/quote]

Idiot?  Nice.  So you judge a player''s quality based solely on his work rate.... are you Nigel Worthington?  Pattison''s final ball yesterday was awful, and he had a good game but can do better.  If you think that was a 9, you are easily pleased.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Those who are giving Fozzy 6 and saying ''he didn''t do much'' should have your season tickets confiscated and given to people with eyes.

[/quote]

Who said that?

Doherty gets a 9 from me, simply for the hilariously dramatic image of the Norwich frontline charging forward through the driving rain; Ched flying down the left, Hucks taking on his man at speed through the middle, and Doc trundling with extreme pace towards the back post

I thought Pattison did pretty damn good, being as hes so amazingly left footed and played most the game on the right

Bertrand, cant really decide whether I would want him on loan or whether we need to find someting like him (well probably wont be as good) that we can get permanently...

Could have been 5 again if we just had that elusive chance-taking striker we all are looking for...

Marshall - 7

Otsemobor - 6

Pearce - 7

Shackell - 7

Bertrand - 8

Pattison - 9

Fotheringham - 7.5

Russell - 7.5

Huckerby - 9 

Cureton - 5

Dublin - 7

Evans - 7

Doc - not on the pitch for long enough

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Those who are giving Fozzy 6 and saying ''he didn''t do much'' should have your season tickets confiscated and given to people with eyes.

He was absolutely superb yesterday. You could see before the game how fired up he was, going round each player in turn with a high-five and a word. In the first few minutes he was indeed ''here, there and every ****ing where'', breaking up virtually every Burnley attack and establishing our control of the game. [/quote]

I noticed him doing that b4 the game too, just what you want to see from your captain! Did you see him lay into Hucks for not tracking back?! A right tongue lashing, thumping the ground etc haha good old Fozzy!

[quote user="thenut"]

the idiot gives Pattison a 7 and says its his best game?!?! He was at least a 9 his work rate was world class.

[/quote]For the first time in my life, I''m speechless.    [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="thenut"]

[/quote]For the first time in my life, I''m speechless.    [:S]

[/quote]

Matty Pattison... the Norfolk Makalele...

People giving him 9 need their brains tested.  To get a player rating of 9, for me, you have to create or score at least one goal, consistently pass and cross well, and win most of your tackles.  Pattison played well yesterday but a 9 rating is a joke.