Sign in to follow this  
Necton Canary

Please Please Mr Worthington

Please Please Mr Worthington

Make my day and tell us that you have found some new players to bolster our already excellent, but rather thin on the ground squad. Every day I log on, hoping to see that some new faces are arriving at the club, and every day I am disappointed.

The continual talk of the loan signings possibly joining is becoming depressing when one realises that it is not likely to happen. Peter Crouch was such an inspiration, Darren Huckerby is exciting and Kevin Harper did not really get the chance to shine because of his injury problems, but what a difference they have made - the club has climbed the table and everyone was so excited, albeit that we all knew in our hearts that they may not stay with City past the loan period.

Please Please Mr Worthington do try and find some more quality players to keep things going the way they have over the last three months.

Don''t forget the daily disappointment of a whole summer of non-transfers then BANG Crouch, Hucks and Harper all at once!

I think, although difficult, we should try not to become impatient - after the last loan signings I trust Nigel to go out and do the business, whether it be lower division talent or premier loan signings.

Many clubs may hold on to their players over the Xmas period hoping that an offer might come in during the transfer window so we may have to wait on a bit.

Must be borne in mind that the later we take on a loanee the later he will stay with us.

Any loanee now will disappear mid March

5th round of the FA cup and having the binners up for their annual cultural break maybe not the best time to be waving goodbye to another new found hero (or two).

Promises to be a memorable season in one way or another