Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

One more season Huck's... PLEASE

Over the past few weeks Hucks has gone from strength to strength, after todays performance and the display at Bristol City i think Hucks is potentially back to his one time best.  When on the left side of the field he is outstanding, especially when he feels he has the better of the full back he is playing against.  I think Norwich should be doing all they can to keep Hucks for another season, after all, the three stars of todays show, Dion, Evans and Hucks, one things for sure we''ll definately be losing two of them!!

Yes, Burnley had 2 men on him but he was still far too good for them.

With a little better calmness in front of goal we could have had 4 today.

Yes definitely one more year please Hucks!! He has been injured & now that he is injury free he is back to his best... No coincidence! Also, he''s only 31!

...about three weeks ago i was laughed at for my thread, "cometh the hour, cometh the man" in relation to Darren Huckerby. I was told that he was over the hill ,past it and not worth his place in the team and should be realesed with no doubt at the end of the season. I said that he would make a difference, and he has. I''m not hear to gloat just to state fact!

Today was a good team performance, against a decent Burnley, who just lacked that final product. For me the difference was Huckerby. He was the reason for us getting the ball in dangerous areas, getting the ball away from the Norwich box. Yes, as a team we played well, but without him i would say there would have been two evenly matched sides out there today.

One more year please Mr Huckerby.

One more season for Huck''s, even if he is used as an impact player if his form dips, however, yes he has performed well the past 3 or so games, but has been pretty poor the rest of the season, but was wonderful today to see a glimmer of the ''''old Hucks'''' back again.

I was so pleased to see Hucks to his best last week and today, yes I know I''m biased but can anyone really say hand on heart that they don''t want him here next season.

46 games a season... so we offer him a new contract on the emphasis he has had 2 good games in 2 weeks....

how many times has he been non existent this season?

Im not slagging him off but we need to prepare for the future now.....Younger blood, Fresher legs... Perhaps a hungrier attitude...

jas :)

1 more year would be great and I think he would be better as a player that can come of the bench and frighten defenders for the last 20 mins or so.  But to be honest I cant see this happening atall.

A good pre season, injury free, i am confident Hux has still got alot to offer, form is temporary class is permanent, he has another season in him for sure.

how many times has he been non existent this season? - jas

From the game reports I''ve read, I''d say he was nonexistent only in the games he wasn''t dressed for. I don''t think he has been as low as average any time this year, and from what I am seeing, was effing brilliant today and last week.  If he''s still got it, why not keep him? 

I''m guessing a summer to recoup and he will be as good as ever come August.

He played pretty well today and caused them all sorts of problems but his crossing wasn''t very good and he wasted so many chances it bordered on frustrating. More of the same hux! [Y]

I have previously said in advance a big thanks to Hucks for his efforts should he go at the end of the season.  But, agreed, playing like he is another season isn''t beyond him.  It''s like he''s awoken to the predicament the club are in and personally rode to the rescue.  Again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

46 games a season... so we offer him a new contract on the emphasis he has had 2 good games in 2 weeks....

Im not slagging him off but we need to prepare for the future now.....Younger blood, Fresher legs... Perhaps a hungrier attitude...

[/quote]

So you wouldn''t be tempted to give him one more year then Jas?

Why should he stay?

Just like Cureton, he was slagged off every day on all message boards, including this one, a few short weeks ago.

And you lot have the damn nerve to accuse me of changing my mind!.[:|]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

no... id be looking in the lower leagues for the Next Darren Huckerby.... Remember he started his career at Lincoln and moved on to Millwall in the lower divisions before making a name for himself at Leeds and coventry... if we could get someone say 22/23 years old we''d be set up for the future....

So you wouldn''t be tempted to give him one more year then Jas?

[/quote]

no... id be looking in the lower leagues for the Next Darren Huckerby.... Remember he started his career at Lincoln and moved on to Millwall in the lower divisions before making a name for himself at Leeds and coventry... if we could get someone say 22/23 years old we''d be set up for the future....

[/quote]

I agree we need to start looking for a replacement but don''t you think he''d be a handy squad player for one more season?

[/quote]

Yes you are and have persistently done so.

we''ve got enough rebuilding to do replacing all the loanees, dublin and the likes of the Jarvis bros etc. And if you had your way you''d add Drury and Marshall too.

let''s keep hucks. give him the summer to get that hip injury sorted once and for all and we could see a return to form next season.

the fact that the opposition still respect him significantly speaks volumes. even a part-time hucks is an asset.

I reckon that the combination of Huckerby down the left flank and Pattison down the right flank is one of the best Norwich wing partnerships I have ever seen. But I think Huckerby is also getting confidence because he knows that when he put a ball into the box, we have two good strikers in the form of Cureton and Dublin.PLEASE! ONE MORE SEASON HUCKERBY! WAIT TILL I FLY TO ENGLAND AND WATCH A GAME IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

You didn''t address this to me Angel, but I''d love ''God'' to stay another season.

Dion as well come to that.

[/quote]

Me too Wizard although Dion looks to have made his mind up.

Maybe we could try and get Scott Sinclair on loan for  a season to replace Hucks then try to sign him permantly.

The guy is a City legend and we should be gratefull for for every game he has left. It would be madness to get rid of him, players who can unlock defences like he does don''t come around often.

Well, I have always rated Hucks because he is a crowd pleaser. 2 minutes og Hucks brilliance in a game normally makes the ticket fee worthwhile. He likes Norfolk, he''s settled hear so lets not crap on him. Maybe next season he can be pivotal again in getting us promoted. Surely that ,ust be our aim next season.

I''m not the biggest Hucks fan, but the main question over whether Norwich should offer him another contract is very heavily dependent on how much he wants in wages. He is surely the highest earner at the club at the moment, and do we want to pay an "impact player" that much each week, when we could potentially get two younger players for the same amount of money.I do think he offers us a good attacking option but he certainly isn''t irreplaceable, Dion on the other hand will be almost impossible to replace for next season.