Sign in to follow this  
Archie

loan rules

please can someone help me with the rules we have to abide to in the premier
at what age can we get someone for the whole season??? i was just thinking with bentley,maybe we would be better off getting him for 3months,and if he proves his worth then get him for the rest of the season. would we be prevented from doing so because of the transfer window?? which coincidently is a bloody stupid thing,whats the point?

OK from what i understand we are allowed 8 loans per season 2 from another prem club and 6 from teams outside of england, if a player is 21 or under after a short loan the team will have the option to try and extend the loan dependant on consent from the parent club. player over 21 must return to there club after the loan i.e. harper this season. you can only bring a player in during the transfer window on loan but providing the right paper work has been aranged you can extend it outside of that period .
i hope this helps
OTBC

The transfer window will be the hardest obstacle to our success next season. It is anti competitive measure giving clubs with more resources and larger squads an advantage. If Chelsea pick up three long term injuries they could cope until Christmas whereas we would struggle without the prospect of loan signings filling the holes.

Consider last season when we started the season with Iwan, WLY, Nielsen, Notman and Zema as our strikers. Within 4 weeks of the season starting we were down to only two. If there had been a transfer window system we would not be looking at the Premiership now and would have been in the bottom half of the league at Christmas.

The reopening of the transfer window in January will be the most crucial time of the season for us. Who NW brings in then will probably determine whether we stay up. The same was true of Brum who brought in Dugarry in their first season who secured their survival. We need to have long term loans in place when the window closes in September and the financial wherewithal at Christmas to back NW''s judgement to ensure survival. Im sure we will stay up but the transfer window will not do us any favours and an element of forward planning is necessary - and is probably already in place.