Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

what was your best result of the season

looking back on such a great season, the matches that stand out to me were scum away, coz to go top there was awesome, Watford away good game great party, but Derby at home comes out tops for me, going down to 10 men then a goal down, but to come back and win has to be my match of the season, what was your best result of the season.....

reading away.alright not the best of games,but the atmosphere was great and then when mulryne scored....
also i think that is when we all realised that we had actually done it

the match which gave me the most pleasure was crystal palace home as hucks just put on a great show and i will never forget that lovely sunny day, which now seems light years away, it just spelled out for me what we could achieve if we kept him

after that, probably cardiff home, it was a bitter sweet game, hucks'' last loan spell game and again, a virtuoso performance

i am only looking at matches i was at, so ipswich away sadly cannot be counted as one, i will remember listening to it, via my daughter''s phone, and leaping around an electrical shop in worthing (don''t ask!!) and going mad during the last ten minutes of that game!!

we never looked back did we?

but the best result of all wasn''t really a game at all, it was the extra special christmas present we all received on boxing day :-)

Best result of the season for me was to win 3-1 away to Walsall. The first half was poor and was continuing the away rut that City had suffered for a couple of seasons. Then an inspired substitution by Worthy saw the enthusiastic Hendo tear Walsall apart. From then on we were all over them, and ran out comfortable winners. I feel that this result was the catalyst for the emergence of our excellent away form this season, which was the extra push we had always needed for promotion. Top stuff.

I also think Reading away. A very difficuly place to go and win. That was the time when I thought...we''re up!!!

Best result was Burnley away. Really entertaining game where we were staring defeat in the face at half time having scored 2 ourselves. We came out in the second half and produced a display of attacking football that shouldnt be allowed away from home. City were awesome and destroyed Burnley''s inept defence. The build up to Mackenzie''s goal was stunning.

I was convinced promotion was definitely on after that and the ability to play that type of football promises good things for next year.

I dont think I will ever celebrate a 1-0 defeat again like I did at SoL though. That was an odd feeling.

I particularly enjoyed our 4-0 away trouncing of Derby. I sat near the home fans who had enthusiastically sang ''top of the league, you''re having a laugh'' all of the first half as Derby came close to going 1-0 up a couple of times. One cheeky young Derby fan had been giving a guy near me abuse all the time, much to his annoyance (it only encourages them you know).

By the time the 4th went in in the second half, as Norwich stepped up several gears into cruise control, the cheeky young kid was sobbing away in his fathers arms as they left five minutes early. I found this highly amusing. I believe it was after this game our ironic chant of ''top of the league, we''re having a laugh'' came into play.

The day was made even sweeter as we tuned into local radio (as always) to hear the bitter Derby fans moan about everything they could. Including, strangely, how lucky Norwich were to win. The only game I saw was Norwich utterly dominate most of the game and thrash them to within an inch of the second division.

DL you beat me to it. Burnley away. Fantastic a long car journey, huge hold up so only got there just before the game started. I have never before felt so confident at half time, even though we were losing. The rest, as they say, is history.

I know exactly what you mean At Last. I was sitting in the Barcley when Palace got the penalty and as we didn''t have a radio we were relying on everyone else to tell us what had happened. I don''t think there has ever been such a good atmosphere at a reszeve game before, well not that I can remember.

yeah the reserve game that night was extra special, i just couldn''t have been anywhere else that night and even though the game we watched was dire, absolutely awful, all we could care about was what was going on at selhurst park, and the atmosphere was incredible, the singing and seeing delia and nigel on the pitch was superb

then afterwards, joining in the celebrations driving round the city with scarves and flags and car horns, what magic, there were still blaring horns outside my door at 2am, but i didn''t care!!

It was a night i will never forget

FA Cup Third Round - Everton 3-1 Norwich
Great performance, diabolical penalty decisions, and very little luck
Came away with credit and proof that we could survive in the Premiership.
Defeated but we could hold our heads high
Most important it meant we could concentrate on the League - look what happened to Millwall & Sunderland with their Cup runs

When we played Worst Ham at Carra Rud, when they scored first, the more than few Hammers fans around me where cheering, gloating, gesturing and smirking. Then Mr Hcuk scored, and I then returned the favour and seeing their smug features deteriorate rapidly! Oh the pleasure was immense! I then knew, it was going to be our season.

I think our best result of the season was the 2-0 win at Coventry our first win at their place for over 20 years ! . lt was a tough game and although Gary Holt had given us the lead towards the end of the first half , we were under constant pressure from Coventry . lt was very tense in the second half , until another of those mazy runs from Hucks whipping in a great cross for Jim Brennan to score one of our goals of the season to wrap it up for us .
The away following was great that day and when we won there l couldn''t help but feel this was going to be our season and of course it was !

Reading at home, when We Love You Paul''s deflected shot sailed into the net in the last few minutes - I knew that our luck had changed for the better this season. Then the two brilliant goals against Wigan at FCR; the result meant that we were on our way back for sure to the Premiership.

When we beat Walsall 5-0 and just detsroyed them with some blistering forward play I knew it wasn''t mathematically certain but I left that game knowing that we had done it and nothing was going to stop us.

I wonder why the moderators blanked out the scum word above (and probably here as well)? As far as I know although its a four letter word it denotes a discoloured frothy substance often found on water rather than one of the other genuinely offensive four letter equivalents. Seems a bit petty.