Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Roeder and Clark charged total bullship

What are the FA thinking, when are refeerees going to start getting charged for their decisions!  His rubbish cost us avaluable point, the FA have it all wrong there is no accountability on to of that now Roeder and Clark are charged.  Those who live in glass housesshould not throw stones

OTBC

St.John

Seems that criticizing a referee for very good reasons gets you in front of the FA. Fielding six loan players illegally where the FA might actually have to make a decision gets swept under the carpet!

The F.A are completely useless. they do not have a clue what their doing...

Just like when Middlesborough appealed against Jeremie Aliadiere''s red card against liverpool. But recieved an extra 2 matches. and Mascherano got away with nothing.

They seriously do not have a clue ...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Seems that criticizing a referee for very good reasons gets you in front of the FA. Fielding six loan players illegally where the FA might actually have to make a decision gets swept under the carpet![/quote]

What concerns me is that Durso is now free to ruin someone else''s weekend now. I once saw him send off 4 players at a Carrow Road game.

Two from both sides!.[A]

Think I remember the game Wiz, was an absolute shocker. Durso is definitely the worst referee on a consistent basis that ive ever witnessed. To even things up, ill name the most consistent referee (For positive reasons) ive seen as Mark Clattenburg.

Surely the FA should try and sort out the complete incompetence of their officials first then maybe sort out dissent. Whilst such awful officals are aloud to destroy some teams'' season there will be dissent. Surely D''urso, after seeing a replay of the incident, will admit he got it completely wrong yet his linesmen got it correct. Surely such a key decision, which he got wrong, should be investigated. If somebody at a factory pushed a wrong button and destroyed a whole days manufacture he would be in big trouble. Such awful decisions are just as out of place as the dissent given by players and management at such bad decisions.

I think that it all boils down to Roeder and Clarke being easy targets. It''s an easy for them to bring our managers to task. They have responded pretty quickly as well. But their heads are still in the sand when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday fielding too many loan players.

Yes Roeder should not be having a go at Ref''s. He knows it. They know it. We know it. But  Roeder''s crime did not influence the outcome of a game. Sheffield Wednesday Fielding too many loan players did. Was it cheating? Whatever it was one of their loan players scored did he not. They got an unfair advantage by what they did. D''urso his decision and complete incompetence influenced the outcome of a football match. If the free Kick had gone the correct way Bristol City would not had scored, Norwich would have had at least a point. A decision which could end up playing a major factor in the end of season positions and outcomes. But that don''t seem to matter does it?  

Where is the justice, fairness and the honesty from the F.A. They have to be seen to be doing something so they target Roeder and Clarke. Yet their collective heads are in the sand when it comes to Wednesday. And something should be done about their own man D''urso, but will it? Think not. 

[quote user="Fellas"]Surely the FA should try and sort out the complete incompetence of their officials first then maybe sort out dissent. Whilst such awful officals are aloud to destroy some teams'' season there will be dissent. Surely D''urso, after seeing a replay of the incident, will admit he got it completely wrong yet his linesmen got it correct. Surely such a key decision, which he got wrong, should be investigated. If somebody at a factory pushed a wrong button and destroyed a whole days manufacture he would be in big trouble. Such awful decisions are just as out of place as the dissent given by players and management at such bad decisions.
[/quote]

From everything I have read it was a very bad decision but D''Urso actually reffed our game v Ipswich on Saturday quite well.  For a start he totally ignored Alan Lee''s constant attempts to get a penalty by falling over whenever he could in the area and appealing vociferously - Lee does this all the time and you need to hope that your ref on Sunday is wise to it if he plays.  Even the East Anglian Daily Times felt need to comment on Lee''s antics.  Watch out!

And good luck to you - they are not that good.  Look on it this way: the only team NOT to score against Colchester in 39 matches!  Prior to that our last clean sheet was August 25 2007.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

The F.A are completely useless. they do not have a clue what their doing...

Just like when Middlesborough appealed against Jeremie Aliadiere''s red card against liverpool. But recieved an extra 2 matches. and Mascherano got away with nothing.

They seriously do not have a clue ...

[/quote]

FA by name, FA by nature...

(Well, I don''t think that quite works but the point should be obvious.)

[quote user="camuldonum"]you need to hope that your ref on Sunday is wise to it if he plays.[/quote]As an aside... our ref for Sunday isn''t a high-profile Prem big shot on his weekend off, but Cheshire''s Michael Jones. If I remember rightly he did our televised game away at Colchester in December and had a quiet game. Hopefully that''s the last time he will need to be mentioned in relation to this game anyway.

Point you all seem to miss is regardless whether the ref got it right or wrong is it right to go storming on the pitch to have a go at him? He is not going to change his mind after the game or bring the players back on the pitch to play the last few minutes again. Roeder and Clarke were well out of order and they know it. It send totally the wrong message and we already have to suffer too much of this and the players antics in football as it is.

The manager scores the ref at the end of each game and my understanding is that if that score is below five then the manager has to write a report as to why he has scored low. There is also the match assessor who reports on the game and talks to the referee after the match. Refs do get penalised for poor performance.

I notice that nobody in this post mentions our "lucky break" against Sheffield United earlier in the season when a wrong decision by the officials went in our favour. I for one will not be writing to the FA as you take what comes in football-some days it shines on you other day it "s...s" on you.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]

Point you all seem to miss is regardless whether the ref got it right or wrong is it right to go storming on the pitch to have a go at him? He is not going to change his mind after the game or bring the players back on the pitch to play the last few minutes again. Roeder and Clarke were well out of order and they know it. .

[/quote]

So Sweeney, your saying GR and LC broke the rules of the F.A. (which i agree). In the same respect as Sheff did when they named 6 loan players in the team. So why did they charch GR and LC the day after it happened and STILL not a word about Sheff. Something stinks here about the F.A.

[quote user="The Sweeney"]

Point you all seem to miss is regardless whether the ref got it right or wrong is it right to go storming on the pitch to have a go at him? He is not going to change his mind after the game or bring the players back on the pitch to play the last few minutes again. Roeder and Clarke were well out of order and they know it. It send totally the wrong message and we already have to suffer too much of this and the players antics in football as it is.[/quote]

So it''s more acceptable for the referees to continually get big decisions that cost teams millions of pounds just because they are too big for the game? Yet it isn''t acceptable for the managers to go; "wait a mnute, that decision is awful, I''m not happy with it". At the present moment referees are taking over the game. From being untouchable to getting "protection" from players and fans alike and now managers. I don''t know about everybody else but I pay money to watch my team play football not some silly twerp in a black or green or yellow shirt act like he''s bigger than everybody else and make bad decisions.

The person who does not make a mistake has not been created yet although Alex Ferguson might think he is! The point I make is that there is nothing to stop a manager attempting to talk to the referee after the game and off the pitch. It is up to the referee as to how he handles it. I do not agree with you that refs are taking over the game as they have always been in charge of it. As the money has increased in the game so has the pressure on refs from players, managers and fans who feel that however they play their team is always in the right. Look at the ref in the Liverpool v Arsenal match last night-did he perform as you suggest every ref does? Not at all-he was excellent getting the penalty decison right when the ref in the same game last week got it very wrong.

Sadly getting at the ref has gone right through to youth football- I ref under -10 football having just finished my 41st year as a qualified ref( I cannot keep up with anything else) which gives a lot of enjoyment. However the stick you get from the touchline(usually the parents) makes you wonder why you bother. Sadly even at that age you see some teams get involved in gamesmanship and cheating-both encouraged by the managers. I take no nonsense clamping down on it quickly and firmly-you usually get a low mark from the team involved however it is worth it if it stops the problem.

From your comments I guess that you have never been a ref-take it from me when you ref adults the backchat and complaints from players even at our level is always there. You balance that with the banter that you have with the players-a good ref always does this yet the supporters rarely hear it. You may think it is an easy task-try it and see what you think! 

The puishment will be a £5K fine but no touch line ban......but what punishment will the ref get.......and his decision could help Bristol earn millions if they go up!!

Hey, before you start over a season it''s a level playing field.

One thing I want to know is, with Mr D''Urso being on the select list of Premier League Referees, he was reffing a Championship match.  Obviously many top refs do this occasionally, but with his record of being suspended from reffing a number of times, was he down here as a punishment for something he''d done recently?  Who knows, but its possible.  The point is (yes, I have one for once) that the referees are not really punished for their mistakes, but simply "demoted" occasionally.  They probably get less money, but still get to referee a game and that''s the point of their job, isn''t it? Why not suspend them from duty for two weeks, or whatever, and make them take a certain number of hours refresher training? That way they''d be hit financially, just like footballers, and would have the added benefit of them maybe learning a thing or two from their mistakes.  Would fit the crime rather well and maybe keep all officials on their toes for a time and cut out silly mistakes.

I''m all for players and managers getting fined when they overstep the mark in their critisism of Ref''s.

But why can''t Ref''s be seen to apologise and admit when they get it wrong. Everybody knows the Ref got it badly wrong at Bristol City and the fact that he hasn''t made any comment can only diminish any respect for him.

We all accept that it''s a difficult job and they sometimes make mistakes that can''t be rectified afterwards. However it doesn''t cost much to hold up your hands and say sorry when it''s so obviously a bobo.

You make a good point and some refs have done just that. The difficulty with this one is that now GR and LC have been charged by the F.A. the ref cannot really comment. After the hearing he may decide it is appropriate to comment and possibly apologise.